Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 107   Go Down

Author Topic: The American Constitution  (Read 118459 times)

JoeKitchen

Re: The American Constitution
« Reply #1260 on: July 12, 2019, 11:30:14 am »

That's the issue. The consequences are on ALL!

So why inflict (under-budgeting) damage on ALL, without any need other than party politics?
The US Constitution stipulates to count All persons (regardless of their status).

Cheers,
Bart

Not necessarily.  It stipulates that for all citizens "excluding Indians not taxed," which can be very easily inferred to mean excluding non-citizens in modern terms. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #1261 on: July 12, 2019, 11:37:16 am »

Not necessarily.  It stipulates that for all citizens "excluding Indians not taxed," which can be very easily inferred to mean excluding non-citizens in modern terms. 

Well, you can't just "infer" the Constitution.

However, nothing prevents even illegals to participate in the census, citizenship question there or not. If it were there, you simply answer "no." That doesn't mean you are admitting you are an illegal, as a large number of residents fall into the same "no" category: visa holders, green card holders, etc.

James Clark

« Reply #1262 on: July 12, 2019, 11:58:22 am »

Well, you can't just "infer" the Constitution.

However, nothing prevents even illegals to participate in the census, citizenship question there or not. If it were there, you simply answer "no." That doesn't mean you are admitting you are an illegal, as a large number of residents fall into the same "no" category: visa holders, green card holders, etc.

Wonder what would happen if Dems wanted too add, "Are you a gun owner?" to the census.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1263 on: July 12, 2019, 12:03:50 pm »

Wonder what would happen if Dems wanted too add, "Are you a gun owner?" to the census.
Illegals don't vote.

regarding your question, specifically, I suppose they could add it.  But the questions they do ask usually have some value regarding government operations and commercial application of knowing who lives where as population groups.   But you're right.  The NRA would object pretty loudly. 

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #1264 on: July 12, 2019, 08:14:45 pm »

Illegals don't vote.
there are lots of non-citizens who live and work here legally.  We have a number in our neighborhood are are employed at the World Bank, work in various embassies, or have work permits of another sort.  They all drive on roads, go to doctors, dentists, and hospitals, buy food at grocery stores, eat at restaurants.  Some of them even have contributed to their own schools (the French International School is a half mile away from me).  They will be counted on the census just as I am.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #1265 on: July 12, 2019, 10:35:33 pm »

there are lots of non-citizens who live and work here legally.  We have a number in our neighborhood are are employed at the World Bank, work in various embassies, or have work permits of another sort.  They all drive on roads, go to doctors, dentists, and hospitals, buy food at grocery stores, eat at restaurants.  Some of them even have contributed to their own schools (the French International School is a half mile away from me).  They will be counted on the census just as I am.

Living and working here legally is different that being here illegally. 

This response has nothing to do with Alan Klein's. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1266 on: July 13, 2019, 08:33:34 am »

Illegals don't vote.

For obvious reasons. But they apparently also cause less trouble, because they prefer keeping a low profile for law enforcement.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1267 on: July 13, 2019, 08:51:17 am »

For obvious reasons. But they apparently also cause less trouble, because they prefer keeping a low profile for law enforcement.

Cheers,
Bart
My point that" illegals don;t vote" was referring to the fact that politicians can ignore illegal's complaints about asking who are citizens in the census because they don't vote.  On the other hand, people who are against restricting gun use and representative by the NRA do vote.

Most illegals are not criminals and do keep a low profile.  However, there are huge numbers who  are involved with criminal activity.   In New Jersey where I live, illegals have a higher percentage of incarceration than citizens.  Our prisons through the country have an extremely high percentage of illegals.  Honest "illegals" sneak across our border for the opportunity to earn a better living.  Thieves sneak across our border because the pickings are better here.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1268 on: July 13, 2019, 10:10:02 am »

...  they prefer keeping a low profile for law enforcement.

Indeed. You would never recognize them when you see them on the street.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #1269 on: July 13, 2019, 10:15:03 am »

Exactly, Slobodan. Bart evidently leads a sheltered 18-year-old life.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1270 on: July 13, 2019, 10:42:33 am »

Indeed. You would never recognize them when you see them on the street.

Probably not.

I do not understand what the local guys with gang-member tattoos have to do with it?
Are you suggesting they are illegal immigrants?
Which tattoo is that?

Or are you spreading fake news again?

Cheers,
Bart

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1271 on: July 13, 2019, 11:30:29 am »

... I do not understand what the local guys with gang-member tattoos have to do with it?
Are you suggesting they are illegal immigrants?
Which tattoo is that?

Or are you spreading fake news again?

Bart, your posts are starting to dangerously approach AOC’s intellectual level.

92 percent of the MS-13 affiliated aliens arrested were illegal aliens. Of those, 16 percent had entered illegally at least twice.

https://cis.org/Fact-Sheet/Fact-Sheet-MS13-Arrests-ICE-20052014

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1272 on: July 13, 2019, 12:54:18 pm »

Bart, your posts are starting to dangerously approach AOC’s intellectual level.

Coming from you, that's a compliment.

First, you post a collection of pictures of "MS-13 members" with gang tattoos.
You also suggest that this is how illegal aliens look.

That defies logic, and (I hope) you know it.

Now you post a link to an at least 5-year old study, and selectively quote (92% of ...) from that to suggest the situation is worse than it actually is.
13% of all those arrested by ICE belonged to the MS-13 gang that BTW originated in Los Angeles, yet you only showed images of examples of that 13% of the arrests.

Obviously, if you make a selection from a group of arrested gang members, the chance that they are affiliated with criminal behavior is larger than in the average population, duh.

Even if we focus on all illegal aliens, 1.3 -2.6% of persons possibly eligible for amnesty have criminal records, or 11.3% if we project it on the current 700,000 DACA beneficiaries, whereas something like 30% of all Americans* has criminal records.

* (http://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/barriers-to-work-individuals-with-criminal-records.aspx)
    (https://cis.org/Immigration-Brief/How-Many-People-DACA-Have-Criminal-Records)

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 01:11:26 pm by Bart_van_der_Wolf »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1273 on: July 13, 2019, 01:15:46 pm »

... Even if we focus on all illegal aliens, 1.3 -2.6% of persons possibly eligible for amnesty have criminal records, or 11.3% if we project it on the current 700,000 DACA beneficiaries, whereas something like 30% of all Americans* has criminal records...

100% of them have a criminal record. They are in the country illegally.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1274 on: July 13, 2019, 01:36:36 pm »

Coming from you, that's a compliment.

First, you post a collection of pictures of "MS-13 members" with gang tattoos.
You also suggest that this is how illegal aliens look.

That defies logic, and (I hope) you know it.

Now you post a link to an at least 5-year old study, and selectively quote (92% of ...) from that to suggest the situation is worse than it actually is.
13% of all those arrested by ICE belonged to the MS-13 gang that BTW originated in Los Angeles, yet you only showed images of examples of that 13% of the arrests.

Obviously, if you make a selection from a group of arrested gang members, the chance that they are affiliated with criminal behavior is larger than in the average population, duh.

Even if we focus on all illegal aliens, 1.3 -2.6% of persons possibly eligible for amnesty have criminal records, or 11.3% if we project it on the current 700,000 DACA beneficiaries, whereas something like 30% of all Americans* has criminal records.

* (http://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/barriers-to-work-individuals-with-criminal-records.aspx)
    (https://cis.org/Immigration-Brief/How-Many-People-DACA-Have-Criminal-Records)

Cheers,
Bart
There's no way that 30% of Americans have criminal records. That's a phony statistic.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1275 on: July 13, 2019, 01:48:11 pm »

Coming from you, that's a compliment...

How about coming from... Democrats:

“She is a complete fraud”

"Her peers do not take her seriously”

“She is a nobody"

"Their ignorance is beyond belief"

"juvenile"

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1276 on: July 13, 2019, 02:03:46 pm »

How about coming from... Democrats:

A bunch of anonymous quotes(?) doesn't say much, especially coming from you.
You have created yourself a very bad track record for balanced/unbiased comments.

So here's some more antidote against xenophobia and bigotry:
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/03/21/ice-sets-record-arrests-undocumented-immigrants-no-criminal-record/3232476002/

Cheers,
Bart

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #1277 on: July 13, 2019, 02:08:51 pm »

There's no way that 30% of Americans have criminal records. That's a phony statistic.
Depends on what you define as a crime.  If you are only considering felonies, perhaps.  Traffic tickets are crimes, albeit minor ones.  Maybe you have never received one but I've had a couple and it's clear that if you pay it you are admitting to the commission of a crime.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #1278 on: July 13, 2019, 02:33:15 pm »

Depends on what you define as a crime.  If you are only considering felonies, perhaps.  Traffic tickets are crimes, albeit minor ones.  Maybe you have never received one but I've had a couple and it's clear that if you pay it you are admitting to the commission of a crime.

Shame on you, Alan. And more than once.....?
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1279 on: July 13, 2019, 02:37:02 pm »

A bunch of anonymous quotes(?) doesn't say much, especially coming from you.
You have created yourself a very bad track record for balanced/unbiased comments.

Really!? I rarely post something without providing a source. In this particular case I didn't, simply because it is all over the news, you can google it, but if you insist:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-lose-patience-with-complete-fraud-aoc-rally-to-pelosis-side

House Dem blasts 'juvenile' Ocasio-Cortez, chief of staff: 'Ignorance is beyond belief'

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/12/politics/pelosi-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-house-democrats/index.html
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 02:41:17 pm by Slobodan Blagojevic »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 107   Go Up