Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 107   Go Down

Author Topic: The American Constitution  (Read 120186 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: The American Constitution
« Reply #1300 on: July 14, 2019, 01:33:23 pm »

"Rapid DNA testing reveals a THIRD of migrants faked family relationship with children to claim asylum during ICE pilot of the procedure in Texas"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7045351/Rapid-DNA-testing-reveals-migrants-faked-family-relationship-kids.html

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #1301 on: July 14, 2019, 02:26:20 pm »

Vague. Could you narrow it down by a few hundred million opponents?

Cheers,
Bart

Well, the number of Democrat candidates isn't quite that high yet, Bart, but they're working on it.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1302 on: July 14, 2019, 02:42:06 pm »

Well, the number of Democrat candidates isn't quite that high yet, Bart, but they're working on it.

Ah, you meant candidates for the presidential elections.
That does narrow it down, but still ..., "murder not only the language, but all sorts of other things as well"????

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #1303 on: July 14, 2019, 03:15:57 pm »

That does narrow it down, but still ..., "murder not only the language, but all sorts of other things as well"????

Cheers,
Bart

Primarily the economy, Bart, and with the economy die many other things.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1304 on: July 14, 2019, 03:34:13 pm »

Forget the personalities.

In 2016, both personalities sucked. In 2020, whoever is the candidate, he or she could be Mr. Universe or Ms. Universe,  Ms. Congeniality, or Mr. Whatever, it doesn't matter. Personalities do not matter. It used to be "It's the economy, stupid," and I would add "It's the policies, stupid."

There is absolutely nothing in the Democratic platform that is appealing. On the contrary, everything they propose is sickening. Open borders? Abolish ICE? Abolish the Dept. of Homeland Security? Amnesty? Weaponized brownization? Teach illegals how to game the system? Bring 800% more potential terrorists and concentrate them in the same region, so that they can form the Fifth Column in Congress?  Forced confiscation of guns? Prison for non-PC words? High taxes and total government control of what we do, how we think and what we say?

No, thanks.

James Clark

« Reply #1305 on: July 14, 2019, 06:23:21 pm »

Forget the personalities.

In 2016, both personalities sucked. In 2020, whoever is the candidate, he or she could be Mr. Universe or Ms. Universe,  Ms. Congeniality, or Mr. Whatever, it doesn't matter. Personalities do not matter. It used to be "It's the economy, stupid," and I would add "It's the policies, stupid."

There is absolutely nothing in the Democratic platform that is appealing. On the contrary, everything they propose is sickening. Open borders? Abolish ICE? Abolish the Dept. of Homeland Security? Amnesty? Weaponized brownization? Teach illegals how to game the system? Bring 800% more potential terrorists and concentrate them in the same region, so that they can form the Fifth Column in Congress?  Forced confiscation of guns? Prison for non-PC words? High taxes and total government control of what we do, how we think and what we say?

No, thanks.

For the benefit of our European friends here, the Democratic Party platform includes absolutely zero of these things.  Carry on.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1306 on: July 14, 2019, 06:41:31 pm »

For the benefit of our European friends here, the Democratic Party platform includes absolutely zero of these things.  Carry on.

Every single thing I mentioned is either formal or unspoken Democratic platform. Some has not been put in writing (yet!), but is nevertheless the underlying current on the left. The Squad is the de facto, if not de jure, leader of the Democratic party, and these are parts of their platforms. Along with banning cows to fart and grounding planes. The Squad is the future of Democrats. Not that the "centrist" democrats differ much, just not bold (or stupid) enough to say those things publicly. Democratic presidential candidates are crossing the border to teach illegals how to game the system. Printing pamphlets how to hide from law enforcement with court orders. Prison for non-PC words is already a reality, a law, in California, no need to put it in the platform. 800% increase in refugees is Elizabeth Warren's plan. Amnesty is the official Democratic platform (DACA). Healthcare for illegals is in every candidate's program, and already a reality in California. Abolish the Dept. of Homeland Security, not just ICE, is what AOC said.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #1307 on: July 14, 2019, 07:34:28 pm »

Of course it doesn't!!!  The person whose posts I don't read hasn't figured out that the platform only comes out when the party convention approves it.  By my calendar that won't be until the summer of 2020.  Maybe others use the Mayan or some other calendar and have things mixed up.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1308 on: July 14, 2019, 07:44:19 pm »

... The Squad is the future of Democrats...

Guess what, literally minutes after I wrote the above, I’ve come across this:

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1309 on: July 14, 2019, 07:49:15 pm »

... the platform only comes out when the party convention approves it.  By my calendar that won't be until the summer of 2020...

As I said:

Every single thing I mentioned is either formal or unspoken Democratic platform. Some has not been put in writing (yet!)..

Noticed the “yet” part? Plenty of time before the summer 2020. And even if it is not in writing, everybody inderstands what the final goal is.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1310 on: July 14, 2019, 10:29:51 pm »

Primarily the economy, Bart, and with the economy die many other things.

Trump is a piker when it comes to deficit spending.  If the Democrats take over in 2020, "free" education, "free" healthcare for all, and the redistribution of wealth will finally bankrupt the nation.  Europeans now hoping that Trump loses will see American troops brought home.  NATO will disintegrate as Americans insist that Europe fend on its own - the US needs the money for itself.  EUrope defense costs will skyrocket and all the poster's children here will be drafted into their armies.  The same for the Pacific region.  China will expand outward threatening its neighbors as US military spending collapses.  The world's economies will be significantly damaged as well since America and the US dollar is it's keystone.  People should watch what they pray for.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1311 on: July 14, 2019, 10:59:07 pm »

Democratic platform:

James Clark

« Reply #1312 on: July 15, 2019, 12:07:10 am »

Democratic platform:

It’s cute how you think Fox News is an accurate representation of the Dem platform, while the rest of media is somehow rife with bias and therefore untrustworthy with regards to their reporting on Trump. 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1313 on: July 15, 2019, 12:29:21 am »

James, what that picture has to do with Fox (except being published by it)? The comment about Democrat’s platform is mine, not Fox’. As for accuracy... Are you denying the attack took place? Are you denying that they took down the American flag and replaced it with a Mexican one? Are you denying that no Democrat condemned what happened? As well as no condemnation for another armed attack by an Antifa warrior on another ICE center, trying to set it on fire?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1314 on: July 15, 2019, 07:11:25 am »

Guess what, literally minutes after I wrote the above, I’ve come across this:

Hard to say without a link to the suggested to be quoted text in the image edit. It looks like more Fake news. Not a real surprise coming from such a propaganda network.

What Bernie Sanders did say (https://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sanders-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-1449154):
"It goes without saying the future of our country and the future of the Democratic Party rests with young people," Sanders said. "And I'm very proud, by the way, in virtually every poll I have seen—we are winning people under 45 or 50 years of age and younger."

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 07:31:13 am by Bart_van_der_Wolf »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1315 on: July 15, 2019, 07:42:58 am »

It's comical, if it weren't so sad, to see the smear campaign against people like the member of Congres Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez that Fox (and those who get their motivation from that agency) are trying to launch.

Boy, are they really that scared about her impact that they have to resort to such tactics? Sad, very sad.

Cheers,
Bart

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #1316 on: July 15, 2019, 07:58:28 am »

It's comical, if it weren't so sad, to see the smear campaign against people like the member of Congres Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez that Fox (and those who get their motivation from that agency) are trying to launch.

Boy, are they really that scared about her impact that they have to resort to such tactics? Sad, very sad.

Cheers,
Bart
It's more a sign of peoples insecurity in the face of a changing country.  A lot of people pine for the Norman Rockwell 1950s.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1317 on: July 15, 2019, 08:29:04 am »

It's more a sign of peoples insecurity in the face of a changing country.  A lot of people pine for the Norman Rockwell 1950s.

Indeed, but as one of the Democratic candidates for the presidency said in an almost hour long interview:
"Democrats can no more turn the clock back to the 1990s, than Republicans can return us back to the 1950s".

The times, they are a changin'.

Cheers,
Bart.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #1318 on: July 15, 2019, 08:31:38 am »

Cheers,
Bart

Are you kidding me? 

The Dems are finally turning against her as well.  Have you been actually following the news lately.  Pelosi called her out for being so far left that she has no followers in the House except for the three other crazies.  Then, after AOC's response of accusing Pelosi of being racist against the "women of color" in the house, nearly every house Dem backed up Pelosi.  Even high ranking members of the black caucus in the house talked down on AOC after this. 

I hate to break it to you Bart, but the Dems dont even like AOC.  They know she is kryptonite for all of the moderate Dems and allows the GOP to paint a picture of the Dems being out of touch with the average American.   

She, and her friends, are the equivalent of the Tea Party Republicans in 2010 for the Dems.  All she is going to do is help loose moderate districts, just like the Tea Partiers did. 

When Joe Biden talks about how the real reason the Dems took back the house was the moderates winning in GOP districts, he is absolutely right.  With AOC and her backers targeting moderate Dems in primaries with Progressives in moderate districts, the results are only going to be disastrous for the Dems. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 08:37:40 am by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1319 on: July 15, 2019, 08:53:41 am »

Are you kidding me? 

Nope.

The Dems are finally turning against her as well.  Have you been actually following the news lately.  Pelosi called her out for being so far left that she has no followers in the House except for the three other crazies.  Then, after AOC's response of accusing Pelosi of being racist against the "women of color" in the house, nearly every house Dem backed up Pelosi.  Even high ranking members of the black caucus in the house talked down on AOC after this.

It's always disturbing when someone is "finally" rattling the cage that the parties are hiding in (this goes for all parties). This is a healthy but occasionally confronting thing to happen. Society has been changing much faster that the institutions that goven them. People need to snap out of their entrenched positions and start doing some good for the common well-being. Dinosaurs will go extinct. It's better to adapt and survive.

The mere evidence that a person as unqualified as Trump is propelled into office demonstrates that there is something fundamentally wrong, on both sides of the aisle.

I hate to break it to you Bart, but the Dems dont even like AOC.  They know she is kryptonite for all of the moderate Dems and allows the GOP to paint a picture of the Dems being out of touch with the average American.   

She, and her friends, are the equivalent of the Tea Party Republicans in 2010 for the Dems.  All she is going to do is help loose moderate districts to the GOP, just like the Tea Partiers did.

I don't share your analysis, but let's see how it turns out.

In my more direct experience with politics here in Western Europe, these challengers will cause the majority of the other sitting members to (slightly) shift their no longer defensible position to a more up-to-date position. The Millenials understand that in a negotiation, it's rare for one party to win all arguments at once. Progressive insight will ultimately change things (for the better). Entrenchment is a recipe for disaster. Adapt or die.

Cheers,
Bart
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 107   Go Up