Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture sharpening in Lightroom  (Read 8637 times)

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Capture sharpening in Lightroom
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2019, 08:27:48 am »

[...]
Edit: If you don't set a sharpening preset on import in Apply During Import/Develop Settings Lightroom defaults to 40/1.0/25

Good point, because that is the wrong setting for Capture Sharpening in many cases.

A decent lens and good focus usually requires a radius of around 0.7-0.8 (because that's the measurable amount of optical+demosaic blur), unless a very narrow aperture was used, in which case a radius in de order of 1.0 or slightly more (to compensate for additional diffraction blur) would be optimal.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
Re: Capture sharpening in Lightroom
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2019, 12:53:35 pm »

Where I feel LR excels is sharpening for export, especially for web/screen. It's my preferred way to sharpen for export for my web site or client's. For general Capture sharpening, I actually still prefer the sharpening in Capture One. Guess you can't have it all... Most other aspects of LR are easier and more straightforward, not to mention MUCH better custom camera profiles I create.

I tried the Capture One trial twice and worked all the sharpening phases including Structure, etc. It has been over 6 months since the last time so I have forgotten some of the details. Personally I find LR gives me results with extreme crops. I'm a big fan of the export process and I also have PK Sharpener but I seldom save finals using PS these days. I wanted C1 to blow me away but it just didn't.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up