Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Z mount native lenses  (Read 66729 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Z mount native lenses
« Reply #360 on: May 14, 2020, 06:11:17 am »

Well... I'll believe it when I see it.

Nikon has been really doing a terrible job on this. It's been 3 months past the previous shipping date and zero communication about the reason for the delay or a new target.

Cheers,
Bernard

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #361 on: May 23, 2020, 02:46:06 pm »

Z7, 50 S

Larry451

« Reply #362 on: May 23, 2020, 08:28:54 pm »

Beautiful shot,,,, clean and to the point.
I also use my 50mm on a Z7 and love it.
regards
Larry.

KLaban

« Reply #363 on: May 25, 2020, 03:54:30 pm »

Thanks, Larry, appreciated.

KLaban

« Reply #364 on: June 18, 2020, 05:28:32 am »

Z7, 50 S

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #365 on: June 18, 2020, 05:31:25 am »

Where do you live?
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

KLaban

« Reply #366 on: June 18, 2020, 05:39:42 am »

Where do you live?

Surrey, UK, Planet Earth.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 06:41:29 am by KLaban »

delfalex

« Reply #367 on: June 18, 2020, 05:16:21 pm »

Lovely colours and "darkness" Keith, thanks for sharing. I had a further look at some of the others in the collection on your website. Thanks.
Alex

KLaban

« Reply #368 on: June 19, 2020, 02:43:45 am »

Alex, thanks for your comments, they are much appreciated.

armand

• Photos
« Reply #369 on: July 05, 2020, 11:20:39 am »

The new 24-200 Z allegedly started to ship in some places, yet there is a paucity of first hand info. Does anybody know better, if all the hype is real (practically as sharp as the 24-70 F4, just slower)?

I'm trying to decide on a travel/hiking lens, and this might make the choice easier as I already have 3 systems. The m43 doesn't get used as much although it has a very good lens, the 12-100 F4, but I'm not convinced I want to invest in the E-M1 iii with Oly going belly up. For the Fuji I have the most lenses and will likely remain my go to to for city travel, while the 16-80 F4 doesn't seem to be that great for landscape (corners are quite bad), however if this Nikon turns out to be similar I would rather have the Fuji. My X-T2 it's just easier to use, just these days I had to set auto AE bracketing to be done in one shot on Z7, and the X-T2 makes it much easier. I'll probably upgrade to X-T4 at some point also.

SrMi

« Reply #370 on: July 06, 2020, 12:58:10 am »

The new 24-200 Z allegedly started to ship in some places, yet there is a paucity of first hand info. Does anybody know better, if all the hype is real (practically as sharp as the 24-70 F4, just slower)?

I'm trying to decide on a travel/hiking lens, and this might make the choice easier as I already have 3 systems. The m43 doesn't get used as much although it has a very good lens, the 12-100 F4, but I'm not convinced I want to invest in the E-M1 iii with Oly going belly up. For the Fuji I have the most lenses and will likely remain my go to to for city travel, while the 16-80 F4 doesn't seem to be that great for landscape (corners are quite bad), however if this Nikon turns out to be similar I would rather have the Fuji. My X-T2 it's just easier to use, just these days I had to set auto AE bracketing to be done in one shot on Z7, and the X-T2 makes it much easier. I'll probably upgrade to X-T4 at some point also.

I am also wondering if the Z 24-200 can match the Olympus 12-100. I have just purchased an E-M1.3, it is quite an improvement from E-M1.2. While Olympus' future is not 100% certain (nor was it before the sale announcement), IMO, it is far from given that it is going belly up. Since Olympus equipment is not run in a subscription model ;-), the camera will continue to work regardless of the camera department folding or continuing to innovate.

If it turns out that 24-200 does not play in the same league, M1.3 and Olympus 12-100 sound like an excellent city travel system.

There are some enthusiastic reports on forums about 24-200, but I have to test it by myself.

jeremyrh

« Reply #371 on: July 06, 2020, 05:53:34 am »

I'd be interrested to know how this lens compares over the 70-200 range, with the existing F f4 lens and with some future Z f4 lens

armand

• Photos
« Reply #372 on: July 06, 2020, 09:00:51 am »

I am also wondering if the Z 24-200 can match the Olympus 12-100. I have just purchased an E-M1.3, it is quite an improvement from E-M1.2. While Olympus' future is not 100% certain (nor was it before the sale announcement), IMO, it is far from given that it is going belly up. Since Olympus equipment is not run in a subscription model ;-), the camera will continue to work regardless of the camera department folding or continuing to innovate.

If it turns out that 24-200 does not play in the same league, M1.3 and Olympus 12-100 sound like an excellent city travel system.

There are some enthusiastic reports on forums about 24-200, but I have to test it by myself.

I thought that the Oly combo still has its advantages, but then I saw the attached shot and I’m not so sure anymore. It should have a much better stabilization system and contrary to general belief I’m not that impressed with the E-M5ii that I have.

KLaban

« Reply #373 on: July 06, 2020, 09:09:28 am »

I thought that the Oly combo still has its advantages, but then I saw the attached shot and I’m not so sure anymore. It should have a much better stabilization system and contrary to general belief I’m not that impressed with the E-M5ii that I have.

That shot just goes to show how compact the full frame Nikon Z 6 & 7 really are.

hogloff

« Reply #374 on: July 06, 2020, 10:23:12 am »

That shot just goes to show how compact the full frame Nikon Z 6 & 7 really are.

Or how big and bulky the Olympus system really is given it sensor size.

johnvanatta

• Website
« Reply #375 on: July 06, 2020, 09:25:42 pm »

The overhead shot is a little deceptive; in hand my Z7 is noticeably larger and heavier than my EM1.2.

With the rumor of the Z7v2 having dual card slots, I fear it's also going to be the lightest of the line; the trend seems to be for camera models to slowly put on weight as they mature. I know given the backlash they had to do it, but it still makes me sad.

armand

• Photos
« Reply #376 on: July 06, 2020, 10:58:13 pm »

While it feels heavier for you, the weights are actually very close, both for the cameras only (the Oly is slightly smaller but denser) or for the lenses. I think they are within 50g. This is based on the specs from B&H.

KLaban

« Reply #377 on: July 07, 2020, 03:04:55 am »

The overhead shot is a little deceptive; in hand my Z7 is noticeably larger and heavier than my EM1.2.

With the rumor of the Z7v2 having dual card slots, I fear it's also going to be the lightest of the line; the trend seems to be for camera models to slowly put on weight as they mature. I know given the backlash they had to do it, but it still makes me sad.

Thankfully the Z7v2 won't increase the girth or heft of my Z7.

armand

• Photos
« Reply #378 on: July 12, 2020, 11:29:34 am »

I have recently bought the 24-200mm for the Z7 and I am amazed by the performance and quality of bokeh of this lens.

Z glass is just incredible.

Cheers,
Bernard

If the positive impressions remain when more people have access to it I’ll get one for hiking/travel (many people seem to be interested as it is the second best selling Nikon Z lens on B&H). I think it makes most sense as a single lens, maybe also as part of 2 kit lens combined with a brighter prime.
However, while looking to the other side, as a part of 2 zoom lenses I think the newer Tamron 28-200 2.8-5.6 it’s preferable when combined with a wide zoom as it is brighter and almost identical weight. Pair it with something like 16-35 2.8 and you cover a lot of range while having some redundancy on the 28-35 range.

johnvanatta

• Website
« Reply #379 on: July 13, 2020, 12:26:10 am »

While it feels heavier for you, the weights are actually very close, both for the cameras only (the Oly is slightly smaller but denser) or for the lenses. I think they are within 50g. This is based on the specs from B&H.

Yeah, that's my point--it's more noticeable in practice, both in size and weight. Listed specs omit everything removable, from batteries to lens caps. Ready for shooting, the Z7 is +100g over the EM1.2 on the camera alone, and +200g with the 24-70/4 versus the Oly 12-40/2.8. I don't like shoulder mounting the Z7 combo like I did the Oly.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25   Go Up