Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: The Changing Landscape  (Read 72565 times)

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: The Changing Landscape
« Reply #400 on: February 10, 2019, 06:04:53 pm »

I always wondered why a relatively prosperous country like yours didn't appear to have an all-included, cradle-to-grave health insurance plan for its citizens too, free at point of delivery, but contributed to during working life via taxation and obligatory national subscription via pay packet. As with the EU countries, it need have absolutely no bearing on the ability to take out separate private medical insurance for those with pockets that stretch that comfortably. Feels like a basic human consideration that is independent of all other aspects of life.
Many of us in this country wonder exactly the same thing.   :(
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

David Hufford

« Reply #401 on: February 10, 2019, 07:30:28 pm »

Yes, indeed, on both counts.  And given their long-term contributions to LuLa, there is no more appropriate place than these forums to alert us to their new venture.

+10.

(And it is a link, not an ad.)
*Never fall in love with anything that c

StephenStarkman

« Reply #402 on: February 10, 2019, 08:38:42 pm »

Pretty monumental thread drift here. It's too much to read it all (and, btw, who cares?). But wow. Congratulations, Lula, you never disappoint ;)

My only thought is, in kind of a strange manner, to again thank Michael and Chris for creating an important and amazing place for photography and photographers. For years, Lula brought to us the best from incredible artists, passionate photographers and caring practitioners. Boy, has the "landscape" changed from the times back then. And not even here. It's SM, YouTube, everywhere. Life marches on... but human nature... not so quickly.

Stephen

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
« Reply #403 on: February 10, 2019, 08:57:29 pm »

Seems pretty normal to me??  Art sometime is a bit messy. 

StephenStarkman

« Reply #404 on: February 10, 2019, 09:28:34 pm »

Sure, if this discussion was art. But it isn't. :)

jeremyrh

« Reply #405 on: February 11, 2019, 01:32:48 am »

I imagine you can get some pretty awesome shots (landscape, natch) from the back of a high horse !!   ;)

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #406 on: February 11, 2019, 03:37:54 am »

As it stands, the UK health service has a reciprocal arrangement with the fellow member countries of the EU; people (British) going to member countries on a non-residential basis need only apply for, and carry, a card (E 111?) that entitles them to the services...

The E111 card (now defunct and replaced with the EHIC card) was the first thing the Greek health authorities wanted to see when my heart went bang on a remote blob of rock in the middle of the Aegean Sea. I give thanks to it and to those Hellenic doctors who saved me.

Long may the reciprocal arrangements live! 

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #407 on: February 11, 2019, 04:55:54 am »

Damn Guys !

Can't you just let it go and let the site going into his new course ? Can't you just stop expressing yourself about politics ? Those threads driftings are far more harmful for Lula than the ongoing changing landscape.

Yes there is nostalgia, but we live in a world where nostalgia isn't relevant anymore. We are in a world of progress. We can regret some people, some templates and forms but we should embrace novelty othewise many will face disapointment.

So, by empathie, try to see with the eyes off someone not participating in this forum, seeking information, inspiration, novelty ... I say by empathie because many here play the game of entropie and that's not good.

It is easy, behind a keyborad, to put pressure on Josh's shoulders. But in my opinion, the goal of such a site in 2019/2020 is embracing progress, giving new leads for inspiration, diversity and the psychology behind. Gear is a good thing but this is only roughly 5% of a photographer's Journey.

Pardon my roughness but when I see some reactions about some latest articles … it drive me just sad. Not sad for the site, sad for the participants who lack tolerance and open mindedness.

So please, just stick on the subject of a thread. If you wan't to speak about politics you can suscribe to your favorite sources of infos to participate, like the daily mail, RT, breitbart or whatever …

Or express your opinion with photography.
Kind Regards -  Hulyss Bowman | hulyssbowman.com |

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #408 on: February 11, 2019, 07:23:35 am »

Those threads driftings are far more harmful for Lula than the ongoing changing landscape.
It appears to me that the content on the LuLa Home Page is far more important for the survival of the website than any forum drift.

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #409 on: February 11, 2019, 10:23:25 am »

It appears to me that the content on the LuLa Home Page is far more important for the survival of the website than any forum drift.

… and the contents of the home page are just as good as before. You still have very skillfull articles about photography by Alain Briot, Josh's vision is brand new and bring colors and deepness, other articles are good. On the late LuLa was completely gear'o'centric. I for one do like this transformation because I prefer so far seeing people making Something with gear than seeing people toying around with gear.

The web is ultra full of gear sites. Lula is imho above that, by a parsec.

The last article is interesting. The photographer show his gear but pay attention to his attitude. Do you think he really care about exibiting his gear ? Is that the most "exciting" thing about his work ?  hell no.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #410 on: February 11, 2019, 11:41:48 am »

… and the contents of the home page are just as good as before. You still have very skillfull articles about photography by Alain Briot, Josh's vision is brand new and bring colors and deepness, other articles are good. On the late LuLa was completely gear'o'centric. I for one do like this transformation because I prefer so far seeing people making Something with gear than seeing people toying around with gear.

The last article is interesting. The photographer show his gear but pay attention to his attitude. Do you think he really care about exibiting his gear ? Is that the most "exciting" thing about his work ?  hell no.

In general, males don't like change. It's why they hang onto underwear until it's transparently thin.  :)

Also, not many older males like new ideas, again just a general statement. The kernel idea might be that if my thinking got me this far, then it must be good. The fact that other ideas get other people equally far is missed or deliberately ignored.

What I find odd, and this is something that happens more widely and not just here, is that contributors to a site begin to think that the site in some sense "belongs" to them, so they feel threatened when the direction changes without their consent.
--
Robert

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #411 on: February 11, 2019, 11:51:48 am »

What that makes you, a young female? ^ ;)

nirpat89

• Photography by Niranjan Patel
« Reply #412 on: February 11, 2019, 12:06:02 pm »

Oh, goody.  Now we get to talk about gender stereotypes.

Rand47

« Reply #413 on: February 11, 2019, 12:19:01 pm »

Oh, goody.  Now we get to talk about gender stereotypes.

Good grief... notions of gender are so, like, yesterday.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #414 on: February 11, 2019, 12:25:21 pm »

Good grief... notions of gender are so, like, yesterday.

:D

mbaginy

« Reply #415 on: February 11, 2019, 12:46:45 pm »

+1

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #416 on: February 11, 2019, 01:01:41 pm »

There are the typical box unpacking gear reviews and there are some real-usage gear reviews.
As I recall, nobody has ever complained about Michael Reichmann's gear reviews.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #417 on: February 11, 2019, 01:04:51 pm »

... The web is ultra full of gear sites. Lula is imho above that, by a parsec.

Look who's talking. If I remember correctly, you are rather active in gear threads, especially as a Sigma evangelist.

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #418 on: February 11, 2019, 03:18:47 pm »

Look who's talking. If I remember correctly, you are rather active in gear threads, especially as a Sigma evangelist.

Don’t be so cantankerous ...
I buy a new camera every 8 to 10 years and was very fond on sigma cameras from 2013 to 2015. It was on me and not a sigma request. I’m very proud that Michael published my DP3 review on lula back in the days, and that Kasuto Yamaki liked and retweeted it.

StephenStarkman

« Reply #419 on: February 11, 2019, 10:03:14 pm »

Buh-bye, LuLa.

LMAO! Have fun wank'n the "art" and "politics" angle!

:)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28   Go Up