Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: The Changing Landscape  (Read 72500 times)

Rand47

The Changing Landscape
« on: December 26, 2018, 01:40:19 am »

Seems more like a landslide to me.  Something is very odd about this sudden, previously unannounced sea change.  Why no hint of this from Kevin or Chris?  No “introduction” of Josh by the existing crew?   Something is rotten in Denmark, me thinks.

Rand

Rand Scott Adams

EricPNG

Re: The Changing Landscape
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 02:40:56 am »

What a shock!
Please Kevin, a bit of explanation ?
Or at least a decent goodbye on lula...

bns

• Boudewijn Swanenburg Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 04:54:09 am »

The tone of the son reminds me of that of the father. If I may: Welcome Josh!
Remaining curious.

Cheers,
Boudewijn Swanenburg

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 06:02:33 am »

Welcome Josh and I hope you all best for the future, but have I got the wrong end of the stick here or something? Which is something that I quite often seem to do.

But what the "Changing Landscape" article seems to be saying to me is, that Josh Reichmann (the son of Michael), has now taken over the Luminous-Landscape website and Kevin and Chris and possibly everyone else currently working for Lula, have been given their marching orders?

Now as Josh is the son of Michael and therefore the natural heir to the Lula throne as it were, then I more than happy to welcome him to take over his dad's work and the site as his birth given right, but the manner in which this appears to have happened so suddenly over Christmas, looks a little more like a putsch than a friendly widening of the the Lula family - I hope I am wrong and all is well and friendly in the Lula offices, but part of me wonders if on this occasion, my assumptions are indeed correct for once.

More info needed, before the rumours start to fly I think.

Dave
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 06:08:29 am by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 07:06:48 am »

Welcome Josh and I hope you all best for the future, but have I got the wrong end of the stick here or something? Which is something that I quite often seem to do.

But what the "Changing Landscape" article seems to be saying to me is, that Josh Reichmann (the son of Michael), has now taken over the Luminous-Landscape website and Kevin and Chris and possibly everyone else currently working for Lula, have been given their marching orders?

Now as Josh is the son of Michael and therefore the natural heir to the Lula throne as it were, then I more than happy to welcome him to take over his dad's work and the site as his birth given right, but the manner in which this appears to have happened so suddenly over Christmas, looks a little more like a putsch than a friendly widening of the the Lula family - I hope I am wrong and all is well and friendly in the Lula offices, but part of me wonders if on this occasion, my assumptions are indeed correct for once.

Dave, I must agree with you and Rand on this. Having been a participant on LULA almost since it's inception, this entire "transition", including the way it was handled stinks!

Dave
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 07:33:16 am »

What a shock!
Please Kevin, a bit of explanation ?
Or at least a decent goodbye on lula...
Eric,

Unless you were here as a member previously, how is this a shock? You have been a member since 3:55Am this very day. Unless you are someone we all know lying in the weeds.

Peter

Welcome Josh. Look forward to new things.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 09:19:37 am by petermfiore »

vjbelle

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 07:43:50 am »

I found the title to be a little odd and the fact that there is no mention of any of the current staff to be somewhat telling. 

I don't mind change as I find that change can sometimes be very positive. 

Time will tell.....

Victor

degrub

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2018, 08:23:24 am »

Dave

A brash introduction at the very least.
I wonder what the seasoning of youth will be ?

Krug

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2018, 08:50:21 am »

Welcome indeed Josh - I knew your father very slightly but like many of those who have read, followed and been informed, educated and inspired by Lula over the years I felt that I got to know, like and respect him through the tone and style of his writings and his gentle but firm leadership of this site.
I, for one, wish you the very best of luck in your leadership of the site that so many of us value - many of us will watch with supportive, though not uncritical, interest and close attention.
John Ashbourne
 www.johnashbourne.com

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2018, 09:33:38 am »

I will not address the change for the website other than to say that I wish Josh & Irene the best.

Personally, I felt that with the end of Kevin’s tenure as CEO and Publisher, I was provided an appropriate moment to also depart. It is time for a new generation to take over.

Chris

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2018, 09:35:49 am »

Welcome indeed Josh - I knew your father very slightly but like many of those who have read, followed and been informed, educated and inspired by Lula over the years I felt that I got to know, like and respect him through the tone and style of his writings and his gentle but firm leadership of this site.
I, for one, wish you the very best of luck in your leadership of the site that so many of us value - many of us will watch with supportive, though not uncritical, interest and close attention.

A none too surprising development given the lack of feedback on site issues over the last few weeks.

That said, I look forward to the new stewardship in the hands of Michael's son, Josh.

Rob C

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2018, 09:42:14 am »

I will not address the change for the website other than to say that I wish Josh & Irene the best.

Personally, I felt that with the end of Kevin’s tenure as CEO and Publisher, I was provided an appropriate moment to also depart. It is time for a new generation to take over.

Chris

Well, goodbye Chris, and thanks for the very good work that you put in over the years. You, at least, will be missed by many, as is Michael.

I heard this a day or two ago, but for the life of me can't think where: "There is no good time to get fired, but there is always a good time to resign."

I wish I'd heard that quotation before one major, very upsetting episode in my pro life!

Happy New Year, and hasta la vista!

Rob

Rob C

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2018, 09:51:21 am »

Eric,

Unless you were here as a member previously, how is this a shock? You have been a member since 3:55Am this very day. Unless you are someone we all know lying in the weeds.

Peter

Welcome Josh. Look forward to new things.

Yes, indeed!

Regarding Josh - it feels kinds strange welcoming somebody to his own (apparently) website, but in the best traditions of mankind, welcome anyway, and let's hope you can make a go of it.

If there's one thing I know, it's that it's personality that drives things along, and in your first "statement" I must say that I liked the verbal images you painted about walking with Michael. Imagery comes in many forms.

Happy New Year, and good luck with this new departure.

Rob

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2018, 09:58:17 am »

Well, goodbye Chris, and thanks for the very good work that you put in over the years. You, at least, will be missed by many, as is Michael....

Happy New Year, and hasta la vista!

Rob

Thank you Rob. I will continue to look in here often and contribute as I can.

Chris

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2018, 10:28:16 am »

Thank you Rob. I will continue to look in here often and contribute as I can.

Chris

Oh Chris,

I learned quite a bit of video from you. I’ve always been a jump right in kind of guy when learning all new media.
I knew you were there whenever I screwed up.
Thanks,
Peter

amolitor

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2018, 10:43:38 am »

As an occasionally contributing writer, I am curious as to whether my contributions will remain welcome?

I see that I am still able to log in as an author, but of course shan't be touching anything without some further guidance.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 10:47:00 am by amolitor »

amolitor

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2018, 10:52:15 am »

Kevin, Chris,

Are you able to speak to the status of your roles with the Luminous Endowment? This enterprise appears to be a legally distinct entity, with no connection to the Reichmann family, but I assume that, if nothing else, courtesy would demand some ongoing relationship with LuLa?

As I've indicated behind the scenes as well as in front of them: While I was dubious about the Endowment at the start, I am now an unabashed booster of it as one of the best cash-granting programs out there. I would very much like to see it carry on, and for it to be tremendously successful.

KenTanaka

• Photography by Kenneth Tanaka
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2018, 11:00:35 am »

I am neither a very active member here (although I’ve visited LuLa since the beginning) nor a fan of scenic landscape photography.  But as someone who has benefited from, and been entertained by, the content here at LuLa I do feel I owe many thanks to Chris Sanderson for his many years behind the camera of some of the most informative and entertaining photography videos I’ve ever watched.   (Not to mention the probably countless other behind-the-scenes efforts he contributed here!). I also owe thanks to the ever-enthusiastic Kevin who has held the reigns to keep this site on the road.  Thank you Kevin!

Change is normal.  This change seems jarring to me but that’s normal, too.  I don’t know anything about its backstory, nor am I really interested in knowing it.  Honestly, I didn’t even know Michael had a son (!) but I welcome Josh and wish him the best as he takes over the family business.  (The images you included in your introduction suggest you have a good eye for interesting scenes!) 

stamper

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2018, 11:06:04 am »

The members should be more optimistic? Change can be  good and a few months and patience will be needed? ;D

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2018, 11:13:35 am »

Are you able to speak to the status of your roles with the Luminous Endowment?
Our roles within the Luminous Endowment remain unchanged.

However, the Endowment faces a severe shortage of funding for grants. This will be addressed in an upcoming Board meeting. I cannot be certain what changes, if any, will be forthcoming. We hope to be able to re-open some grants in 2019. The Endowment website continues to operate and any news about the re-opening of grants or other will be announced there and also on this Forum.

Chris
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28   Go Up