Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some landscape from Leesburg, Florida  (Read 3279 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Some landscape from Leesburg, Florida
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2019, 11:39:32 am »

...You are a very tolerant people...

More likely blasé. It is NY, after all.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2019, 11:57:31 am »

Interesting. And such a character is permitted to roam free through the streets of NY unpunished?

You are a very tolerant people.

Probably he chooses his subjects cautiously or else he would lose his teeth. Or roams with bodyguards.

Right, Rab. As I wrote in On Street Photography, "I'm always surprised when I realize he's still alive." But Slobodan has a point: NY is crazy enough that people just shrug the guy off.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2019, 12:14:45 pm »

Congratulations Russ, this might just be the best landscape scene you have ever shown us  ;D

Although if you don't mind me giving you a small tip or two here Russ, but next time why not try to actually step outside for your next attempt at a landscape shot, as you might find that this way, you can avoid having the main source of light within the shot, coming from fluorescent lights, neon tubes and TV screens etc. I would also advise that if you do include any wood or natural elements within the shot, that they are still alive and attached to the trees etc., and not just converted into to tables and chairs and beer mats etc., as this will greatly enhance the 'natural', untouched by the hand of man feel of the scene.

But as I say, this is a great shot Russ and makes me want to put on my hiking boots and explore this amazing wild and untouched vista and perhaps even do a bit of wild camping and pick up a natural tan at the same time.

Good one..!

Dave
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 12:18:00 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

Ivophoto

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2019, 12:27:27 pm »

Congratulations Russ, this might just be the best landscape scene you have ever shown us  ;D

Although if you don't mind me giving you a small tip or two here Russ, but next time why not try to actually step outside for your next attempt at a landscape shot, as you might find that this way, you can avoid having the main source of light within the shot, coming from fluorescent lights, neon tubes and TV screens etc. I would also advise that if you do include any wood or natural elements within the shot, that they are still alive and attached to the trees etc., and not just converted into to tables and chairs and beer mats etc., as this will greatly enhance the 'natural', untouched by the hand of man feel of the scene.

But as I say, this is a great shot Russ and makes me want to put on my hiking boots and explore this amazing wild and untouched vista and perhaps even do a bit of wild camping and pick up a natural tan at the same time.

Good one..!

Dave
Not forget to grab the bar, put you feet against the spittoon, lean back and let it go. Just be careful which pad you use.

rabanito

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2019, 12:44:45 pm »

Right, Rab. As I wrote in On Street Photography
Liked your article Russ. Thanks

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2019, 12:55:40 pm »

... But as I say, this is a great shot Russ and makes me want to put on my hiking boots and explore this amazing wild and untouched vista and perhaps even do a bit of wild camping and pick up a natural tan at the same time...

At this point, during the government shutdown, it would be a much better choice than the national parks you visited recently. This one has functioning indoor toilets 😉

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2019, 02:58:25 pm »

Good one..!

Dave

Thanks, Dave. I was pretty sure you'd appreciate great landscape like this.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up