Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 12.0  (Read 17002 times)

JaapD

Re: Capture One 12.0
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2018, 12:29:43 am »

Hi Bart, thanks for your reply. It is not dust I want to retouch so LCC won’t help me in this. I keep saying that one sampling point per layer is a bad implementation of ‘healing’.

I don’t recognize that the default keystoning value is configurable. As far as I was aware this default setting cannot be stored in a style but your .png looks convincing. I’m sure it didn’t work in V10 (support case initiated, discussed with David) but let me check again with V12. => Thanks!

Regards,
Jaap.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2018, 07:15:05 am »

Hi Bart, thanks for your reply. It is not dust I want to retouch so LCC won’t help me in this. I keep saying that one sampling point per layer is a bad implementation of ‘healing’.

I don’t recognize that the default keystoning value is configurable. As far as I was aware this default setting cannot be stored in a style but your .png looks convincing. I’m sure it didn’t work in V10 (support case initiated, discussed with David) but let me check again with V12. => Thanks!

Hi Jaap,

It has been possible to 'automatically' override system defaults since many versions ago.

It is a 2 step approach.
  • Create and save a user preset for a given tool, e.g. keystone correction. Alternatively, if you want to set the defaults of multiple tools at the same time, create a Style.
  • Upon import of new files, select either a Style or a Preset that will be applied to all imported files (see attached)

I use Styles, because that allows to set many tools at the same time (for a specific camera or shooting scenario), e.g. camera profile to use, Response curve, Contrast and Saturation settings, Noise reduction, lens distortions settings, etc., etc.. That saves me a lot of time, because most settings are already close to what they will finally be.

Using a Preset allows to restrict that to a single tool's settings. A preset can also be used to set/switch the tool's settings to a selection of multiple files at the same time.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

alain

« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2018, 10:21:34 am »

Hi

Are there improvements with the RAW conversion in 12.0?

Is it possible to apply a nr of layers to a file?  Maybe as a style?  In 11.x this is only possible while copying the layers from an existing image...

JaapD

« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2018, 01:22:09 pm »

Hi Bart, thanks again for your reply, much appreciated!

Regarding Styles I haven't found a way creating a ‘default’ style. With this I mean a style C1 automatically applies during startup, without the need to manually select a style during image import.
I believe this isn’t possible, right?

In that case I’ll use what’s available and that would be manually selecting a by me predefined style during image import.

Regards,
Jaap.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2018, 04:02:21 pm »

Hi Bart, thanks again for your reply, much appreciated!

Regarding Styles I haven't found a way creating a ‘default’ style. With this I mean a style C1 automatically applies during startup, without the need to manually select a style during image import.
I believe this isn’t possible, right?

Correct, not during startup, unless you start up a Session or Catalog and select a file with those Style settings. But when applied to imports those Style settings are fixed for those files, and a style can be copied from one file and applied afterward to multiple other selected files.

In that case I’ll use what’s available and that would be manually selecting a by me predefined style during image import.

Yes, that should do the trick.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

lee469

« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2018, 12:29:43 pm »

I just heard that capture one is cancelling the 10% discount code as of January first. Is this true?
I have upgraded each year.  This year was a big jump in upgrade cost and NOT happy so I was going to skip a year.
Now I have to reconsider upgrading this year and skip the next upgrade just to get the last discount.
Can anyone verify if discount is being cancelled?

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2018, 06:53:59 am »

This year was a big jump in upgrade cost and NOT happy so I was going to skip a year.
Hate to point it out, but Adobe started out messing around with upgrade prices and policies just before they went subscription only.

Given the more professional user base of CO it must be becoming an alluring vision for them on Adobe's "success".

Dinarius

« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2018, 07:42:43 am »

Hate to point it out, but Adobe started out messing around with upgrade prices and policies just before they went subscription only.

Given the more professional user base of CO it must be becoming an alluring vision for them on Adobe's "success".

It took Adobe a while to realize that customers would like to pick and choose what they wanted. Original subscription models centred on offering lots of programs that most people had no use for.

LR + Photoshop CS for about $10 p/m is a bargain, if you have the use for it.

I know some Pros paying what amounts to about $10 p/m to have C1 and another $10 p/m to have access to Photoshop CS (they don't use LR) and that $20 total isn't much if you're writing it off against tax.

For the little I use PS, I'm still happy with CS6. But, software is only getting cheaper.

D.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 11:22:08 am by Dinarius »

Ray Harrison

« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2018, 09:43:09 am »

I just heard that capture one is cancelling the 10% discount code as of January first. Is this true?
I have upgraded each year.  This year was a big jump in upgrade cost and NOT happy so I was going to skip a year.
Now I have to reconsider upgrading this year and skip the next upgrade just to get the last discount.
Can anyone verify if discount is being cancelled?

The discount code expiring seems to align with what other sites are saying. I guess the real question to ask yourself might be: "Do I need C1-12?". If so, you can save a very small amount of money on the upgrade by using the 10% code. If not, you can save a larger sum by not purchasing it and budget for it for next year. I don't expect it to get cheaper though but really, as others have said, software these days is reasonably cheap. And heck, there are many more software options out there too.

UnfamiliarLight

• Unfamiliar Light
« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2018, 12:48:56 pm »

I sincerely hope not. Hopefully the number of people who switched to C1 *because* of Adobe's decision to drop stand alone licensing is high enough that Phase one does not do that.
Hey, having a subscription choice is excellent, lots of people like it. All I ask is that I have a stand alone choice too.

budjames

• http://www.budjamesphotography.com
« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2018, 01:02:46 pm »

Dehaze in v13?!! V12.1 please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found since version 10 that adding clarity and contrast can do a pretty good job of simulating a dehaze adjustment.
Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.
Bud James
North Wales, PA [url=http://ww
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up