Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thinking Out Loud Here for H system users  (Read 5009 times)

imagetone

• http://www.tonymayimages.com
Re: Thinking Out Loud Here for H system users
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2018, 05:26:12 pm »

I just did 1200 shots of leather bags tethered to a MBP an iPad simultaneously so sorry if I am not seeing your problem.

Bob
Interesting. Have you ever shot sequences (eg focus stacks) that allow you to comment on the fastest capture rate you can get with your tethered X1D setup (and feasibility of shooting focus stacks with it). Are you focusing and triggering the shutter from Phocus?
Tony

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2018, 02:54:50 am »

Bob
Interesting. Have you ever shot sequences (eg focus stacks) that allow you to comment on the fastest capture rate you can get with your tethered X1D setup (and feasibility of shooting focus stacks with it). Are you focusing and triggering the shutter from Phocus?
Tony
I don't focus stack. My product work is at f11 or higher, usually f18-20 so DOF is no problem.
Capture rate of raw on my MBP is limited to the USB2 capability of it so that is not fast. I need to get a USB3 MBP (:-)
The image tethered to the iPad on Phocus Mobile comes up virtually instantly because it is jpg though.
I only manual focus as I am using HC lenses but I can focus using the + and - buttons in Phocus.
Usually however I just look through the EVF at the focus peaking.
Yes triggering from Phocus. You can use either the MBP or the iPad.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

douglevy

• New England Wedding Photographer Doug Levy
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2018, 09:22:41 am »

Bob it sounds like your system works for you. I don't use Phocus, or mirrorless, and don't have much interest in either at this time.

-Doug

Msstudio

• Mark Schäfer Studio
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2018, 04:24:00 pm »

I actually see the current developments more as an argument for Hasselblad. With DJI they have a solid partner/investor whose product line is on an upswing to say the least.
 The X1D/mirrorless line is great addition and gives them (along with developing cameras for the drones) another product pipeline thats easily compatible with H lenses.
For some these two/three product are separate, but personally I use them (H and X) both for various reasons and I'm always happy to have the X1D as a backup body, instead of another H6. Much lighter, smaller and obviously cheaper alternative. And it's a great little camera to bring on travel jobs for some outstanding imagery.
I keep maintaining and upgrading my 35mm DSLR/EVF cameras and shoot whatever the job demands.
My only wish right now, would be to have the Nikon Z and DSLR line up and produce good video, but with these internal codecs, I'm sticking with Canon and Sony, bummer...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up