Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump III - the daily log  (Read 37841 times)

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
Re: Trump III - the daily log
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2018, 06:31:12 pm »

I'm beggin' ya, will you please stop it already with Hilary and Obama. The election was almost 2 years ago. Those distractions and "whatabout"s started sounding hollow a year ago now.
--
Robert

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2018, 06:53:18 pm »

I'm beggin' ya, will you please stop it already with Hilary and Obama. The election was almost 2 years ago. Those distractions and "whatabout"s started sounding hollow a year ago now.
THIS!!  I think (I hope) we can all agree that Donald J. Trump is the President of the US.  I came to this conclusion the morning after election day.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2018, 07:21:47 pm »

THIS!!  I think (I hope) we can all agree that Donald J. Trump is the President of the US.  I came to this conclusion the morning after election day.
You're right. The only way for Democrats to reverse the election is to figure out how to impeach him.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2018, 08:16:42 pm »

All  I can tell you is that I knew Trump was going to win a whole year before the actual election, the moment he entered the fray and presented his ideas. No one else had anything remotely close to hitting the nerve of the American public as his ideas, simple, memorable, and effective. Wall, Great, First. Could anything be simpler and more effective? Can you tell what was anybody's else platform, including Hillary's, that is so simple and effective and in a few words?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2018, 08:25:06 pm »

I'm beggin' ya, will you please stop it already with Hilary and Obama...

Sorry, but that is just not possible. Comparing it exposes a double standard.

For instance, who said this?

“We want very much to have a strong Russia because a strong, confident, prosperous, stable Russia is, we think, in the interests of the world,”

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2018, 08:39:53 pm »

All  I can tell you is that I knew Trump was going to win a whole year before the actual election, the moment he entered the fray and presented his ideas.

Success has many fathers, while failure is an orphan. Can you point out a claim of yours prior to the event that substantiates your claim? If not, fake news. A prediction in hindsight is just that ...

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2018, 08:44:01 pm »

Hum... it seems some people don’t know the difference between reporters covering news and editorial writers writting opinion pieces...not surprising that Trump wouldn’t understand the difference (and by extention Trump supporters) but I suspect most people’s DO understand the differences...

I guess not huh?

Yes, Jeff, I do understand the difference. The thing is, most people who are capable of understanding the difference simply do not bother anymore. Most rely on headlines, and headlines most often do not come with a warning "this is just an opinion." The media are also to blame, as they are, intentionally or not, blurring the line between the news and opinion, mostly by interspersing facts with value judgments, selective reporting, placement of news, etc. The very fact that "respectable" newspapers carry such an opinion piece gives people the impression that they support it.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2018, 08:55:28 pm »

Success has many fathers, while failure is an orphan. Can you point out a claim of yours prior to the event that substantiates your claim? If not, fake news. A prediction in hindsight is just that ...

In December 2015, I posted this on my Facebook:

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2018, 09:00:20 pm »

Trump is not the President.  He is something else.  Our country is based on Democracy which Trump does not support.  He is our Russian Ambassador.

James Clark

« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2018, 09:06:57 pm »

All  I can tell you is that I knew Trump was going to win a whole year before the actual election, the moment he entered the fray and presented his ideas. No one else had anything remotely close to hitting the nerve of the American public as his ideas, simple, memorable, and effective. Wall, Great, First. Could anything be simpler and more effective? Can you tell what was anybody's else platform, including Hillary's, that is so simple and effective and in a few words?

The problem being, of course, that actually setting a nation's policy takes mastery of an astoundingly complex set of issues.  While I admit the effectiveness of that strategy, I find it tragic that it actually IS effective.

HSakols

« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2018, 09:18:03 pm »

under Trump Racism is encouraged!  But we don't talk about that.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2018, 09:24:10 pm »

More exciting news for the Daily Log.  Trump's lawyer, Michael Cohen, secretly taped the discussion between him and the candidate about paying off Karen McDougal, the Playboy Playmate he allegedly had an affair with.  One wonders what other evidence Mr. Mueller might have in the trove of materials that were seized.

I feel like this info was in the seller's disclosure in 2016. 

If there is anything else, maybe that will hurt, but this? 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

HSakols

« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2018, 09:28:14 pm »

Trump just wants rich white people - argue that!

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2018, 11:27:59 pm »

Pretty soon we'll be starting Trump IV.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2018, 12:49:53 am »

... - argue that!

It would be pretty silly to argue such silly arguments, as you presented in your last three posts.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2018, 01:07:53 am »

And then this happens...

Google the word 'idiot,' get pics of Donald Trump

The result is linked to Redditors gaming Google's search algorithm.

A new web search trick is making the rounds on the internet: Type in the word "idiot" as your Google search term and your screen will be flooded with images of President Donald Trump.

The image onslaught is apparently the result of a campaign by online activists unhappy with the president's policies who are manipulating Google's algorithm by linking the word to an image of Trump. The trend began with Reddit users upvoting a post containing a photo of Trump and the word, The Guardian reported Tuesday.

Subsequently, the image results were apparently fueled by thousands of upvotes for Reddit posts containing news stories about the word, the president's image and the overall campaign.

Cool huh? Try it yourself before Google tweaks it's algorithm...this one is one of my favs!

But even if Google "fixes" it's search engine, fear not...you can always go to the Donald Trump is an Idiot Facebook page :~)

Schewe

« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2018, 01:23:46 am »

Pretty soon we'll be starting Trump IV.

Actually, there's already a Trump IV from before: Topic: Trump IV (what did you expect?)

That thread followed Trump III which as I recall got shut down almost immediately.

We'll see how long people can resist flying off the handle and going off topic on personal attacks. As long as Jeremy doesn't have to ban anybody, I suspect the thread can go as long as it wants. Unlikely to match the original Trump II that started February 05, 2017, 07:24:37 PM and was read 313,748 times and lasted until Chris closed it down in Reply#6615 on: October 04, 2017, 04:01:50 PM.

Pretty sure that was a LuLa record :~)
(unlikely that we can surpass that though)

Schewe

« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2018, 01:40:07 am »

The long term negative impact from Trump's election will be felt for a long time, #SAD

The cost of Trump's Endangered Species Act proposal

The rebound of bald eagle populations is one of the greatest conservation stories in American history

The Trump administration has proposed changes to the Endangered Species Act (ESA), a law credited with keeping hundreds of species from going extinct.

The change would eliminate automatic protections for threatened plant and animal species, and make it easier for species to be removed from the list.

Wildlife conservation groups say the proposed change could have disastrous lasting effects on at-risk species.

Trump officials say the change will streamline the regulatory process.

The proposed change is the latest in a series of White House efforts to remove environmental regulations designed to protect vulnerable species and their habitats, as well as leave untouched some of America's most wild places.

Environmentalist groups have reacted with outrage, and the Center for Biological Diversity said "these proposals would slam a wrecking ball into the most crucial protections for our most endangered wildlife".

"If these regulations had been in place in the 1970s, the bald eagle and the grey whale would be extinct today."

The Endangered Species Act was signed into law in 1973 by Republican President Richard Nixon and now protects more than 1,200 plant and animal species.

Hum...now Trump is trying to erase things Nixon did...

#MAGA #SCREW ENDANGERED SPECIES

Elections have consequences.

Schewe

« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2018, 01:50:31 am »

Trump flags and hats made in China are reportedly being held up at customs as trade war heats up

Trump flags and hats made in China are reportedly being held up at US customs amid an intensifying trade war.

Chinese textile suppliers have said delays at US customs is affecting their sales.

Several suppliers across China have reported making merchandise for Trump's 2020 bid, although campaign officials insist all their official merchandise is manufactured in the US.

Trump-themed flags and hats made in China are reportedly being held up at US customs amid an intensifying trade war.

Textile suppliers who export their goods to the US told China's state-run tabloid Global Times their products have been delayed at US customs, which is affecting their sales.

"Usually the goods only take 10 days to reach US customers. Now it is taking 15 days or longer," Wu Yuepei, a manager at Qiwang Textile Product, told Global Times.

Yao Dandan, a manager at flag maker Shaoxing Keqiao Jiahao Arts & Crafts Co., also reported delays at US customs, suspected to be related to current trade disputes between the US and China.

snip

Trump has proposed a 10% tariff on a list of $200 billion worth of Chinese goods, which includes "hats and headgear" and certain textiles, including flags.

Karma?

Schewe

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2018, 02:01:10 am »

Wow...it's getting hard to keep Fox reporters inline now. Way to go Donald the Dufus

Fox News’ John Roberts Calls Himself ‘An Enemy Of The State’ After Trump Tweet

Even at President Donald Trump’s go-to news network, his constant scorn for and attacks on journalists are wearing thin with at least one high-profile reporter.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20   Go Up