Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump III - the daily log  (Read 37559 times)

Manoli

Trump III - the daily log
« on: July 19, 2018, 01:19:44 pm »

This one's for Alan Klein ...
Trump says EU officials want to negotiate trade deal in Washington visit
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-kudlow/trump-says-eu-officials-want-to-negotiate-trade-deal-in-washington-visit-idUSKBN1K81T6

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Re: Trump III - the daily log
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 01:22:53 pm »

The President may want to put his sons on a tighter leash regarding their running of the Trump Companies.  Maybe it's just chump change for the companies but missed paying property taxes on time in several states.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 01:47:18 pm »

Okay, who's taking bets on how long it takes for this thread to get locked down? 

I'm thinking an over/under on the number of posts would be best. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 01:56:38 pm »

Okay, who's taking bets on how long it takes for this thread to get locked down? 

I'm thinking an over/under on the number of posts would be best.
As long as we stick to posting daily facts it should be OK, if not it will probably last 100 posts.

Manoli

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 02:01:58 pm »

Joe, for context, see this post in the Brexit thread. http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=125868.msg1056617#msg1056617

But I'll wager that the Mods will moderate themselves, allow free speech, always within the confines of the First Amendment, and this thread will outlast the current UK government.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 02:34:37 pm »

Joe, for context, see this post in the Brexit thread. http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=125868.msg1056617#msg1056617

But I'll wager that the Mods will moderate themselves, allow free speech, always within the confines of the First Amendment, and this thread will outlast the current UK government.

Really?  With a name like "Trump III?"  You think people are going to stay civil? 

In the words of Senator Kevin Keeley, "people in this country aren't interested in details. They don't even trust details. The only thing they trust is headlines ... 'Jackson and his women, Keeley and his men.'"
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 02:50:29 pm »

...But I'll wager that the Mods will moderate themselves, allow free speech, always within the confines of the First Amendment, and this thread will outlast the current UK government.

I, for one, am grateful to Manoli for providing yet another opportunity to show our unwavering, unconditional love for our Dear Leader ;)

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 05:27:41 pm »

The Trump Administration withdrew their candidate for the 9th circuit Court of Appeals today.  Several Republican Senators told Majority Leader McConnell that they would not vote for Ryan Bounds because of an article he wrote in the Stanford Review ridiculing multiculturalism and groups concerned with racial issues.  This is the third district court nominee to be withdrawn by the administration.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 01:30:47 am »

The new Trump cover is pretty disturbing (I know how much some of you love Time but this is neatly creepy).

The Story Behind TIME's Trump and Putin 'Summit Crisis' Cover

At first glance, the man on TIME’s July 30, 2018, cover might seem familiar: it was created by morphing images of two of the world’s most recognizable men, President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The composite image, by visual artist Nancy Burson, is meant to represent this particular moment in U.S. foreign policy, following the pair’s recent meeting in Helsinki, Finland. As Brian Bennett writes in this week’s cover story, “A year and a half into his presidency, Trump’s puzzling affinity for Putin has yet to be explained. Trump is bruised by the idea that Russian election meddling taints his victory, those close to him say, and can’t concede the fact that Russia did try to interfere in the election, regardless of whether it impacted the outcome. He views this problem entirely through a political lens, these people say, unable or unwilling to differentiate between the question of whether his campaign colluded with Russia—which he denies—and the question of whether Russia attempted to influence the election.”

But if you want to see REALLY CREEPY, check out the morph video on this Tweet... HERE

Schewe

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 01:39:49 am »

Meanwhile, RT.com reports:

Fresh footage of futuristic weapon tests & development released by Russian military (VIDEOS)

Russia's Defense Ministry has released a new batch of videos of cutting-edge weapons, first unveiled by President Vladimir Putin back in March. The footage shows new tests, as well as gives a grasp of the development process.

The impressive set of new weapons was unveiled by Putin during his annual speech before the Federation Council back in March. The futuristic armaments, some of which are already in service, are designed to give Russia a strong deterrence against any aggression against the country.

But hey, it's good that Trump doesn't think Putin is an enemy...

As Trump says Putin 'not my enemy', skeptics in U.S. see danger

In preparing for his first summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin, U.S. President Donald Trump has provoked a rare agreement among Democrats and Republicans alarmed by the possibility of a cozy meeting.

While Republican Trump has gone softer on Putin, calling him a “competitor” and “not my enemy” on Thursday, lawmakers from both parties hardened their warnings to Trump before he sits down with the Russian leader in Helsinki on Monday.

“Putin is not America’s friend, nor merely a competitor. Putin is America’s enemy — not because we wish it so, but because he has chosen to be,” Republican Senator John McCain said.

Well, at least John McCain knows who America's enemies are...sadly he won't be with us much longer (I actually rather like McCain and would have voted for him if he had stuck to his guns and had picked Joe Lieberman as his VP instead of Bambi of the North).

Schewe

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 01:55:56 am »

Oh, wait...what's this I hear about 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'?

What is 'Trump Derangement Syndrome' -- and do you have it?

Earlier this week, President Donald Trump diagnosed his opponents with an illness.

"Some people HATE the fact that I got along well with President Putin of Russia," he tweeted. "They would rather go to war than see this. It's called Trump Derangement Syndrome!"

Worried you might have Trump Derangement Syndrome? Wondering where it came from? I'm here to help!

Let's start with what Trump Derangement Syndrome means.

Urban Dictionary offers up this handy definition: "Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is a mental condition in which a person has been driven effectively insane due to their dislike of Donald Trump, to the point at which they will abandon all logic and reason."

Apparently the whole "(fill in the blank) Derangement Syndrome" comes from the late Charles Krauthammer when talking about what he called the Bush Derangement Syndrome

The condition, as Krauthammer defined it, was "the acute onset of paranoia in otherwise normal people in reaction to the policies, the presidency -- nay -- the very existence of George W. Bush."

Added Krauthammer:
"Some clinicians consider this delusion -- that Americans can only get their news from one part of the political spectrum -- the gravest of all. They report that no matter how many times sufferers in padded cells are presented with flash cards with the symbols ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NPR, PBS, Time, Newsweek, New York Times, Washington Post, L.A. Times -- they remain unresponsive, some in a terrifying near-catatonic torpor."

Trump just decided to take what people were saying about Bush and steal it...

Post Bush and pre-Trump, we were visited with Obama Derangement Syndrome -- although the infection was less widespread. In a piece headlined "Obama Derangement Syndrome," Vox's Ezra Klein wrote: "Obama Derangement Syndrome is different [than Bush Derangement Syndrome]. It isn't so much paranoia about President Obama's policies as it is paranoia about the man himself — that he is, in some fundamental way, different, foreign, untrustworthy, even traitorous."

At the heart of ODS was the belief that Obama was not, in fact, an American citizen and therefore was ineligible to even be president.

The loudest voice pushing that debunked conspiracy theory?

None other than Donald Trump.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2018, 03:47:30 am »

Meanwhile, RT.com reports:

Come on, Jeff. When you start quoting RT, you really are scraping the barrel.

Jeremy

jeremyrh

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2018, 05:13:33 am »

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-kudlow/trump-says-eu-officials-want-to-negotiate-trade-deal-in-washington-visit-idUSKBN1K81T6

As long as we don't have to eat American food :-(

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 05:19:11 am »

As long as we don't have to eat American food :-(

By American food do you mean American fast food? I ask because if I had a choice between American food and English food, some of which I really like, I know which I would choose. I’m sort of thinking of a New York pumpernickel bagel with Philidalphea cream cheese vs an English scone.
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

jeremyrh

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2018, 05:30:59 am »

By American food do you mean American fast food? I ask because if I had a choice between American food and English food, some of which I really like, I know which I would choose. I’m sort of thinking of a New York pumpernickel bagel with Philidalphea cream cheese vs an English scone.

I'm thinking of hormone-fed beef or chlorine-washed chicken smothered in yellow chemical masquerading as melted cheese.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2018, 09:30:15 am »

I'm thinking of hormone-fed beef or chlorine-washed chicken smothered in yellow chemical masquerading as melted cheese.

As a New Yorker, I can assure you there are plenty of restaurants here that serve the best of steak, chops, French food, Chinese, Indian, Korean, Turkish, Greek, Spanish, German, Italian (southern and northern), etc. I've never been to an English restaurant here.  Are there any?  :)

stamper

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2018, 09:37:20 am »

Good God, you made a post without a mention of tariffs. ;D

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2018, 09:48:06 am »

As a New Yorker, I can assure you there are plenty of restaurants here that serve the best of steak, chops, French food, Chinese, Indian, Korean, Turkish, Greek, Spanish, German, Italian (southern and northern), etc. I've never been to an English restaurant here.  Are there any?  :)

Of course there aren’t. Who in New York would pay for a bread butty or fried fish with mushy peas.
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2018, 09:51:37 am »

I posted in another thread that Trump said he's going to impose tariffs on $500 billion of Chinese goods.  That's to send a signal to EU trade honcho Junker before he arrives to negotiate trade with us.  If negotiations fail, Trump will impose tariffs on EU cars before Junker's jet lands back in Europe.  CEO's from German car makers are probably talking right now to Merkel telling her to tel Junker to drop the 10% EU tariff on our cars.

Trump's in full attack mode.  He doesn't like the way he's being treated after his meeting with Russia.  I think he made a decision after Republican Congress failed to repeal Obamacare, that he was on his own and would do what he has to do with or without support from the political classes including Republicans.  If Republicans refuse to go along with him then they will lose their seats.  He won;t help them in fact oppose them if they don;t support him.  Red state Republicans will acquiesce.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2018, 09:55:03 am »

Good God, you made a post without a mention of tariffs. ;D

I think Trump's going to put tariffs on British scones.

I don't think anyone would notice . :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20   Go Up