Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump III - the daily log  (Read 37865 times)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: Trump III - the daily log
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2018, 03:52:39 am »

We'll see how long people can resist flying off the handle and going off topic on personal attacks. As long as Jeremy doesn't have to ban anybody, I suspect the thread can go as long as it wants. Unlikely to match the original Trump II that started February 05, 2017, 07:24:37 PM and was read 313,748 times and lasted until Chris closed it down in Reply#6615 on: October 04, 2017, 04:01:50 PM.

Pretty sure that was a LuLa record :~)
(unlikely that we can surpass that though)

Jeff, that thread had more replies than any other in the forum's history but it doesn't even figure in the top ten "most viewed": http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?action=stats

Jeremy

Manoli

« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2018, 08:05:23 am »

Truly shocking statistics !

Apart from the wholly irrelevant General & Top 10 sections ( irrelevant since they are presumably calculated since the beginning of LuLa and give no indication or weight to current trends) the shocking part is the last item - 'Forum History'

From 2010-2015, LuLa added an average of just over 2,900 new members each year
2017 added just 26 new members
2018, so far, 22 new members

The only stats that might be relevant, but not listed, are
(a) how many paying members, and
(b) how many members have  posted/contributed within the last 12 months.

Against the above dismal stats, 2017, achieved a record of over 79,000,000 page views (close to double the previous average) and this year, 2018, on course to match that - even possibly beat it.

So, dear Mods, you don't need a PhD to work out that (a) The Coffee Corner has generated record interest and (b) heavy handed locking of threads and summarily banning posters isn't a particularly successful technique when it comes to attracting new blood.

--
Jeff, that thread had more replies than any other in the forum's history but it doesn't even figure in the top ten "most viewed": http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?action=stats

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2018, 08:23:37 am »

All  I can tell you is that I knew Trump was going to win a whole year before the actual election, the moment he entered the fray and presented his ideas. No one else had anything remotely close to hitting the nerve of the American public as his ideas, simple, memorable, and effective. Wall, Great, First. Could anything be simpler and more effective? Can you tell what was anybody's else platform, including Hillary's, that is so simple and effective and in a few words?
Scott Adams, the cartoonist who draws Dilbert, predicted a Trump victory early on much to the dismay of his fans.  He had to close the comments section to his Blog because he was receiving so many 'rude' comments.  This book review of his summary of what happened during the election is a pretty fair evaluation of the points Adams outlined.  I followed his blog during the election and was pretty much in agreement (much to my dismay) with his prediction. 

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2018, 08:39:53 am »

Apart from the wholly irrelevant General & Top 10 sections ( irrelevant since they are presumably calculated since the beginning of LuLa and give no indication or weight to current trends) the shocking part is the last item - 'Forum History'

Against the above dismal stats, 2017, achieved a record of over 79,000,000 page views (close to double the previous average) and this year, 2018, on course to match that - even possibly beat it.

So, dear Mods, you don't need a PhD to work out that (a) The Coffee Corner has generated record interest and (b) heavy handed locking of threads and summarily banning posters isn't a particularly successful technique when it comes to attracting new blood.

--

Perhaps those very low figures for 2017-18 just reflect the introduction of subscriptions to LuLa?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2018, 09:14:50 am »

Perhaps those very low figures for 2017-18 just reflect the introduction of subscriptions to LuLa?

Of course it does, that’s the point: after the subscription, practically no new members.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2018, 09:29:46 am »

All  I can tell you is that I knew Trump was going to win a whole year before the actual election, the moment he entered the fray and presented his ideas. No one else had anything remotely close to hitting the nerve of the American public as his ideas, simple, memorable, and effective. Wall, Great, First. Could anything be simpler and more effective? Can you tell what was anybody's else platform, including Hillary's, that is so simple and effective and in a few words?

I was in the same boat, Slobodan. I predicted he'd win but people were laughing at the very idea, and at me for having such an idea. The RINOs and left-wingers still don't get it. I suspect they never will. People like Whoopi Goldberg and Ocasio Cortez are going out of their way to make sure the November elections are a red wave. Cheer them on!
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2018, 09:39:13 am »

Scott Adams, the cartoonist who draws Dilbert, predicted a Trump victory early on much to the dismay of his fans.  He had to close the comments section to his Blog because he was receiving so many 'rude' comments.  This book review of his summary of what happened during the election is a pretty fair evaluation of the points Adams outlined.  I followed his blog during the election and was pretty much in agreement (much to my dismay) with his prediction. 
Interesting book from him on how Trump uses persuasion to his Advantage. One in particular that he helped someone in the beginning to get favors later on. Such as helping Xi when he wanted Trump to reverse himself on XTE  or Putin not publicly being embarrassed by accusing him of interfering with our elections, or stopping military exercises with South Korea at the behest of North Korea's Kim.   

Manoli

« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2018, 09:53:23 am »

Of course it does, that’s the point: after the subscription, practically no new members.

Of course, NOT.
These are stats for the Forum - not LuLa (though I may be mistaken - grateful if someone could clarify)..
Anyone can join, register for free and post in the forum.
The subscription covers access to the articles on the home page and the For Sale section
THe 'no new members' is in contrast to the interest shown by record page views - further reinforcing my point above.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 10:28:38 am by Manoli »

Manoli

« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2018, 10:04:37 am »

The RINOs and left-wingers still don't get it. I suspect they never will.

Does The Economist ? American democracy’s built-in bias towards rural Republicans

This has come about because of a growing division between rural and urban voters.
[...]
The consequences are dramatic. Republicans hold both the houses of Congress and the White House. But in the three elections in 2012-16 their candidates got just 46% of the two-party vote for the Senate, and they won the presidential vote in 2016 with 49%. Our voting model predicts that, for Democrats to have a better than 50% chance of winning control of the House in November’s mid-term elections, they will need to win the popular vote by around seven percentage points. To put that another way, we think the Republicans have a 0.01% chance of winning the popular vote for the House. But we estimate their chance of securing a majority of congressmen is about a third. In no other two-party system does the party that receives the most votes routinely find itself out of power

... and more in The Briefing :  America’s electoral system gives the Republicans advantages over Democrats

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2018, 10:11:23 am »

Does The Economist ? American democracy’s built-in bias towards rural Republicans

... and more in The Briefing :  America’s electoral system gives the Republicans advantages over Democrats

So I remember when all the southern states would vote Democrat and today they're all Republican. So what's your point?

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2018, 10:12:12 am »

Of course, NOT.
These are stats for the Forum - not LuLa (though I may be mistaken - grateful if someone could clarify)..
Anyone can join, register for free and post in the forum (but not the For Sale section).
The subscription covers access to the articles on the home page.
And 'no new members' is in contrast to the interest shown by record page views - further reinforcing my point above.

Is that right? I thought only subscribed members could post.

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2018, 10:21:25 am »

What is more interesting is that, based on current population projections, in 20 years, half the population in America will live in eight states.  Apologies if you have used up your quota of free Washington Post articles.  We don't know what the party identification will be in 2040 but it is worth noting that both GenX and Millenials trend to the Democrats (Millenials by 24% based on a Pew Foundation study).  This means that the House and Senate will represent to wildly different groups within the US.  It will be interesting to see what the voting trends are in TX, FL, GA, and NC are during this time period.

Manoli

« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2018, 10:22:56 am »

Is that right? I thought only subscribed members could post.

No Keith, that part is definitely right.
Initially they wanted to put the whole site behind a paywall but after a long and animated thread changed their mind.
Forum is free access.

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2018, 10:31:09 am »

So I remember when all the southern states would vote Democrat and today they're all Republican. So what's your point?
The trend towards Republican voting in the south began with the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and accelerated thereafter.  In 1968, George Wallace ran as a 3rd party candidate and won many of the deep south states in a reaction to the 1964 law.  Only Jimmy Carter managed to carry the majority of southern states in 1976.  Clinton picked up some in his two wins but since then the South has been reliably Republican at the national and local levels.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2018, 10:49:01 am »

--

I wouldn't put too much trust in the forum software to return correct statistics.
When I do an Admin search for member registrations (most of whom never post btw), I get the following results:

New registrations since Jan. 1, 2017: 2,670
New registrations since July. 20, 2017: 1,500 +/-
New registrations since Jun. 20, 2018: 115 +/-

Oh and btw - the growth & level of paid site Memberships is quite healthy thank-you. If they were not, we wouldn't be here.

Also anyone, member of the site or not, can register and post on this forum. The only section that requires paid membership is the For Sale area.

Chris

Manoli

« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2018, 11:00:18 am »

I wouldn't put too much trust in the forum software to return correct statistics.

Ouch!

stamper

« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2018, 11:06:23 am »

Blowing your own TRUMPet? If you posted your failed predictions then the site would probably crash because of information overload. :(

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2018, 11:12:05 am »

... The 'no new members' is in contrast to the interest shown by record page views...

Which could, in theory, come solely from the old members.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2018, 11:13:09 am »

... If you posted your failed predictions...

For example?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2018, 11:14:26 am »

Does The Economist ?...

The Economist, unfortunately, has become the latest commie mouthpiece.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20   Go Up