Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 7.3 BUGS  (Read 15082 times)

Denis de Gannes

Equip: iMac (Ret. 5K,27"Mid 2015),macOS 10.15.6

zobelaudio

• zobeleye.com
Re: LR 7.3 BUGS
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2018, 10:03:45 am »

Thank God, they fixed it...
cheers
Z

adias

« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2018, 05:25:27 pm »

No time to check if already reported... I noticed that the crop tool tends to show momentarily a view of the previously cropped image, before showing the frame of the current image.

Lr Classic CC 7.3.1 under macOS  10.13.4.

JeanMichel

« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2018, 05:49:30 pm »

No time to check if already reported... I noticed that the crop tool tends to show momentarily a view of the previously cropped image, before showing the frame of the current image.

Lr Classic CC 7.3.1 under macOS  10.13.4.

See page 1 of this thread.
Disabling the graphic card acceleration fixes that (as recommend by Andrew), not that it is a real problem as the very brief show of the previous crop is just that: brief.

adias

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2018, 08:05:55 pm »

See page 1 of this thread.
Disabling the graphic card acceleration fixes that (as recommend by Andrew), not that it is a real problem as the very brief show of the previous crop is just that: brief.

Right. The bug fix version 7.3.1 did not fix that.

zobeleye

• zobeleye
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2018, 04:06:20 pm »

yes it did...
mac pro 32 gb,eizoCG318,LR,nikon,fuji,Pentax645Z
http://zobeleye.com/

Stephen Starkman

« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2018, 05:14:33 pm »

yes it did...

Not for me on my two Macs. (Crop mode display bug).

Hopefully soon enough. It's jarring :)

Ranger Rick

« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2018, 11:23:03 am »

ColorChecker Camera Profiles Problem:

While I was away on an extended trip, the new 7.3.1 was released to fix problems.  On my return the other day, I updated the program thru CC.

Now, I have the latest version of LR installed, with latest Apple OS. Having updated to 7.3.1, I find my ColorChecker Profiles for my Olympus E-M1 Mkii (and all other cameras previously profiled)) are not available on my primary iMac, but are available on my MacBook Pro. So I know I am looking for them in the new, proper place :)  I tried copying (while the file names looked identical, I thought there might be something I was missing) the ColorProfiles folder (which does show the files) from the MBP onto the iMac, but that didn't make them available on the iMac. They are also not available on the iMac in Photoshop (which I understand uses the same files).

With the return of daylight, I re-shot the Olympus and a Panasonic camera, processed the raws thru LR and the ColorChecker Passport process in LR, and LR said it had successfully created both camera profiles. Yet when I restarted LR and looked at raw files from those cameras, there were no custom profiles available . None of the profiles are available for ANY camera for which I had created a profile. The newly-created files are there in Users->iMac->Library->Application Support->Adobe->CameraRaw->CameraProfiles:
Olympus E-M1 Mk II.dcp and Panasonic LX10.dcp.

I even tried copying them to the other Library, where I also see files for Camera Profiles, but that has no effect

Anyone have any thoughts as to what to do?  All I can access are the standard profiles from Adobe.  I am pretty sure I could previously access camera-specific profiles from Adobe, but they are not shown in the drop-downs.  The more things change, the more....

Simon J.A. Simpson

« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2018, 02:21:00 pm »

ColorChecker Camera Profiles Problem:

While I was away on an extended trip, the new 7.3.1 was released to fix problems.  On my return the other day, I updated the program thru CC.

Now, I have the latest version of LR installed, with latest Apple OS. Having updated to 7.3.1, I find my ColorChecker Profiles for my Olympus E-M1 Mkii (and all other cameras previously profiled)) are not available on my primary iMac, but are available on my MacBook Pro. So I know I am looking for them in the new, proper place :)  I tried copying (while the file names looked identical, I thought there might be something I was missing) the ColorProfiles folder (which does show the files) from the MBP onto the iMac, but that didn't make them available on the iMac. They are also not available on the iMac in Photoshop (which I understand uses the same files).

With the return of daylight, I re-shot the Olympus and a Panasonic camera, processed the raws thru LR and the ColorChecker Passport process in LR, and LR said it had successfully created both camera profiles. Yet when I restarted LR and looked at raw files from those cameras, there were no custom profiles available . None of the profiles are available for ANY camera for which I had created a profile. The newly-created files are there in Users->iMac->Library->Application Support->Adobe->CameraRaw->CameraProfiles:
Olympus E-M1 Mk II.dcp and Panasonic LX10.dcp.

I even tried copying them to the other Library, where I also see files for Camera Profiles, but that has no effect

Anyone have any thoughts as to what to do?  All I can access are the standard profiles from Adobe.  I am pretty sure I could previously access camera-specific profiles from Adobe, but they are not shown in the drop-downs.  The more things change, the more....

Confusingly the location of the selection of camera profiles has changed in the latest version of Lightroom.  They were in the ‘Calibration’ panel (Develop Module) but are now available in the ‘Basic’ panel of the Develop Module, at the top between the ‘Treatment’ and the white balance sliders.

I hope this helps.

leuallen

« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2018, 04:27:56 pm »

This might be particular to my computer. If I am in Develop and use the adjustment brush to make a change, the change is not visible if I do a full screen (F). I must create a new 1:1 preview and then the result is visible. The same also happens if I go to PS and make changes. When I come back to LR the changes are not visible until a new preview is created. In other words, previews are not updated when changes are made.

Larry

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2018, 07:28:09 pm »

This might be particular to my computer. If I am in Develop and use the adjustment brush to make a change, the change is not visible if I do a full screen (F). I must create a new 1:1 preview and then the result is visible. The same also happens if I go to PS and make changes. When I come back to LR the changes are not visible until a new preview is created. In other words, previews are not updated when changes are made.

Larry

Do you have your Performance options (in Preferences) set to their defaults?
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

leuallen

« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2018, 08:02:10 pm »

I have increased the cache size to 60gb. and Generate previews in parallel is checked. Otherwise I do not know what the defaults are.

Larry

leuallen

« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2018, 08:40:08 pm »

Unchecking Generate previews in parallel seems to fix the problem.

Larry

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2018, 09:37:47 pm »

Mine are attached and work. More generally here is a reference that may help: Optimize Performance, but if you've fixed it, that's good!
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up