Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trophy hunter shot while shooting lions  (Read 17535 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Trophy hunter shot while shooting lions
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2018, 10:14:17 am »

Yes, but most of us do not have hobbies that involve killing endangered animals just for sport.  I do not wish any human to be killed, but do not think I will morn anyone who is. 

Another straw man. Who said we are talking about endangered species? If they were endangered, they would be on a protected species list and hunting prohibited. It was not the case in examples we discussed here. Those were legal operations.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2018, 10:16:48 am »

Another straw man. Who said we are talking about endangered species? If they were endangered, they would be on a protected species list and hunting prohibited. It was not the case in examples we discussed here. Those were legal operations.

African Lions Finally Gain Endangered Species Act Protection. Here's roaring good news: In a move several years in the making, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service today finally announced that the African lion (Panthera leo) would formally be protected under the U.S. Endangered Species Act.Dec 21, 2015

African Lions Finally Gain Endangered Species Act Protection
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2018, 10:24:44 am »

African Lions Finally Gain Endangered Species Act Protection. Here's roaring good news: In a move several years in the making, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service today finally announced that the African lion (Panthera leo) would formally be protected under the U.S. Endangered Species Act.Dec 21, 2015

African Lions Finally Gain Endangered Species Act Protection

All good and well, but note this part (bold mine):

Ashe said the listing will not bar the import of trophies from these hunts into the U.S., but it will “raise the bar significantly” and require permits that prove any hunts were conducted in a sustainable manner. Countries which allow hunting will need to prove to FWS that their programs actually enhance and protect wild populations—for example, by funding local communities and ensuring that lions do not pose a perceived threat to livestock—before any trophies from those hunts could be imported into the U.S.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2018, 10:30:46 am »

All good and well, but note this part (bold mine):

Ahhh, breaking out the red herring to replace the straw man. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Rob C

« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2018, 11:25:50 am »

A big part of attaining peace of mind lies in understanding when it's time to give up, because the argument has been lost.

Twisting and turning, ducking and diving will never disguise the reality that killing for the pure hell of it is not sport, it is simply murder of a most sadistic nature that says a lot more about the killer than of the poor prey whose only sin was to be in the right place at the wrong time

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2018, 11:52:12 am »

Hunting humans in war seems to be a more popular sport.  We're all morally involved then cheering on our hunters and condemning their prey. 

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2018, 11:52:22 am »

And I did not claim so either (apart from gloating over a dead hunter).

But that (gloating) and the rest is a prevailing ethos on the left when it comes to hunting, gun ownership, and pretty much everything else the left disagrees with (Antifa, anyone?). Or abortion clinics on the right. I provided two examples in my previous post, there are many, many more. We are discussing the world around us, not just what someone said on this forum. Btw, not so long ago, a member of this forum suggested a website “www.starvebigottodeath.com”
Slobodan, the problem is that you seem to have a keen eye for published extreme (in your eyes left) views that you disagree with and then when someone here disagrees with you you transpose these extreme views on the posters here. I think that is very much in disagreement with your "ethos" that if everybody thinks the same, nobody thinks. Most people here on LuLa can think pretty well independently and when they disagree with you it doesn't necesarily mean they agree with some of the extreme stuff you read elsewhere on the internet. If you want to oppose those extreme views do it elsewhere, if you want to discuss here don't take us for others outside, because we aren't. Your other point is live and let live, I fully support that and maybe you should practice that more yourself if you truly believe it.
pieter, aka pegelli

Two23

« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2018, 09:42:31 pm »

Just a thought…

What does lion meat taste like?

Just asking,

Tonight I asked the kid next door*.    He said he thinks they taste like chicken.

Kent in SD
*He's a senior in high school
and knows EVERYTHING! :)
Qui sedes ad dexteram Patris,
miserere nobis.

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2018, 11:18:17 pm »

I went to bed and I was sure this thread would be closed.

Just a thought, I saw in a David Attenborough series that Africa has an amazing biomass of bugs.

Having just seen Nicole Kidman eat a whole heap of bugs surely there is an economic enterprise to be taken advantage of. Maybe 'African bug eating adventures' who knows?.

Delicious,
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:25:07 pm by tom b »
Tom Brown

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2018, 11:57:45 pm »

...Having just seen Nicole Kidman eat a whole heap of bugs surely there is an economic enterprise to be taken advantage of. Maybe 'African bug eating adventures' who knows?.

Delicious,

Eeeewww!

Eating bugs!? Makes me want become a vegan... Australian vegan:

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2018, 12:16:53 am »

Something for Rob: trophy heads and fashion photography 😉

Rob C

« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2018, 09:11:29 am »

Something for Rob: trophy heads and fashion photography 😉

Ah! The lunatic fringe!

Sometimes, when all else fails, people lose their heads too. I suppose ostrich and sand must have
been out of fashion, or perhaps not, thus accounting for the missing item.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2018, 09:27:16 am »

... Sometimes, when all else fails, people lose their heads too...

Nope, head is still there. Quite good looking, I'd add. And a bunch of spare ones too.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2018, 12:01:26 pm »

Sorry kids, the fun is over. In receipt of complaints...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up