Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 184   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice 3  (Read 386426 times)

muntanela

• BRATA
Re: Without Prejudice 3
« Reply #1560 on: May 27, 2018, 08:59:58 am »

Greetings from Lake Como  :)

(Belvedere on the path to the Pizzetti, reached during my daily cardio rehab walk )

Rob C

« Reply #1561 on: May 27, 2018, 09:30:29 am »

(Belvedere on the path to the Pizzetti, reached during my daily cardio rehab walk )

Be careful: I also have to do these walks, but have learned to limit them to a one-hour walk on the flat. I used to include, now and again, a climb that took me up to the top of a hill (the Calvario hill in Pollensa) which was reasonably close to my habitual French-run restaurant where I have lunch. I thought it would both be good for the heart as well as aid digestion. I mentioned this to the cardiologist during an annual check-up, and he almost had a fit. Apparently, it represents too much of a strain. I didn't feel that was the case, because I didn't rush - just took my time and enjoyed the view across the plain below to the sea. Now, I no longer know who is right. Might be an idea to check with your own guy again. Too much can be as bad as too little.

Rob C

« Reply #1562 on: May 27, 2018, 09:31:56 am »

Yep! I started plunking on the family piano (my mom played, and was a very fine singer too) as soon as I could manage climbing up on the stool. Started taking formal lessons at age 9, ~5 years before getting my first guitar. I enjoy guitar more but playing piano & other keyboards comes easier. I know I inherited my mom's motor coordination. I even have the same coordination anomaly she had, where when I move a finger on one hand the corresponding finger on the other hand wants to move too. She took piano lessons as a child in part to get this under control. Me too. It actually gets in the way of certain guitar techniques but has also resulted in a unique playing style. You wouldn't know it if you watched me play guitar, but there are certain chord shapes I avoid and others I gravitate to because of this. My childhood & teenage doctor, also my mom's doctor after she got ill, called it "neural crosstalk."

A side effect is that I'm ambidextrous in many ways. I can write as comfortably with my left hand as my right, though I use my right hand nearly all the time 'cuz that's how my mom taught me. Much the same with playing golf, hockey or baseball. As a kid I was a good hockey player. I could easily switch sides, right & left, and outmaneuver the other kids. If I'd been a better skater…  :)

-Dave-

You see how unfair life? I can't play a hot damn thing other than the radio.

;-(

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #1563 on: May 27, 2018, 01:00:48 pm »

Such walks and scenery do the heart (literal and figurative) good. I always feel better (mood) after mine.

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #1564 on: May 27, 2018, 01:08:24 pm »

Nothing special. It just caught my eye as I was sitting, waiting for someone to arrive.

Telecaster

« Reply #1565 on: May 27, 2018, 04:36:08 pm »

Definitely a view worth the walk all by itself!

-Dave-

John R

« Reply #1566 on: May 27, 2018, 11:13:04 pm »

Nothing special. It just caught my eye as I was sitting, waiting for someone to arrive.
Wonderful play of light and lines. With shots like these, of open windows, I usually get some part too bright and overexposed. But this is right on.

JR

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #1567 on: May 28, 2018, 01:38:24 pm »

Wonderful play of light and lines. With shots like these, of open windows, I usually get some part too bright and overexposed. But this is right on.
JR

Thanks. A fair degree of slider push in Lightroom, but this was taken with my Panasonic G1. And dynamic range has come a long way since then.

Telecaster

« Reply #1568 on: May 28, 2018, 02:22:01 pm »

Shadow self(ie).

-Dave-

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #1569 on: May 29, 2018, 07:21:46 am »

Thanks. A fair degree of slider push in Lightroom, but this was taken with my Panasonic G1. And dynamic range has come a long way since then.
WHAT!!!! You still use a relic to make wonderful pictures. How is that possible? 😁

Oh yeah, I have the same camera and use it for certain applications. A very direct simple camera.

Peter

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #1570 on: May 29, 2018, 08:32:01 am »

I like simple cameras. They suit my simple mind.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #1571 on: May 29, 2018, 09:17:42 am »

+1

Peter

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #1572 on: May 29, 2018, 10:02:35 am »

+2
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #1573 on: May 29, 2018, 10:26:51 am »

+3. And it really torques me that I no longer can buy a still camera that doesn't include a filmstrip capability. I could buy a Leica, but Leica no longer is a serious camera. It's jewelry. I used to love the split image rangefinder. Nowadays automatic focusing on something like the Pen-F is so far superior to split image that it's ridiculous there's still split image stuff out there.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 11:02:17 am by RSL »
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

muntanela

• BRATA
« Reply #1574 on: May 29, 2018, 11:03:08 am »

Many thanks for your advice Rob!
During my walks I use a heart rate monitor (with chest strap) and I do not go above 120 bpm (80% of my maximum heart rate would be 125). After reading your advice, I emailed my cardiologist asking him if I should reduce the intensity of my physical activity, he answered that what I do is OK.

From my walks, two Cyclamen purpurascens with heart shaped  ( ;) ) leaves...

Telecaster

« Reply #1575 on: May 29, 2018, 04:40:13 pm »

Not many folks walking the trails today: temp currently 91°F. Yet another "spring" consisting of extended late winter followed by a headfirst dive straight into summer.

-Dave-
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 04:51:06 pm by Telecaster »

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #1576 on: May 31, 2018, 08:54:04 am »

A Challenging Perspective

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #1577 on: May 31, 2018, 09:42:28 am »

A Challenging Perspective

Ha, challenging all right. Very perceptive. Love it.
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #1578 on: May 31, 2018, 02:17:59 pm »

Ha, challenging all right. Very perceptive. Love it.
Yes!
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Telecaster

« Reply #1579 on: May 31, 2018, 04:41:37 pm »

Around 20 years ago there was road construction in my locale that forced me to drive an alternate route to my office at the time. The alternate route took me past a Lutheran church that had a flashing LED sign placed out where passing cars would see it. One morning a traffic clog stuck me in place for awhile close to the sign. Which was slowly flashing in sequence: THERE IS … NO GOD … BUT GOD … THERE IS … etc. I watched the sequence a couple times before realizing: photo op! But I had no camera with me.

The next day I drove out before the morning traffic rush, camera in tow, prepared to take a photo of a church declaring its disbelief in big red letters. But they'd changed the sequence.  :-\  Drat!

-Dave-
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 184   Go Up