Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 184   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice 3  (Read 386288 times)

32BT

• Pictures
Re: Without Prejudice 3
« Reply #1520 on: May 17, 2018, 12:06:40 am »

Summarit >>>>>> Sonnar

Is the color balance difference due to lens only? Or is there a WB processing difference involved?

Considering the color, combined with the softer backfocus look, I very much prefer the Summarit. 
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Telecaster

« Reply #1521 on: May 17, 2018, 03:19:23 pm »

Summarit >>>>>> Sonnar

Is the color balance difference due to lens only? Or is there a WB processing difference involved?

Considering the color, combined with the softer backfocus look, I very much prefer the Summarit.

The color balance difference is in the lenses. The Zeiss is an early coated lens and renders with less color saturation than most anything from the SLR era forward. (I also have a pre-WWII version, uncoated, with a very cool color rendering.) The Summarit, besides "seeing" with higher saturation, also has a pinkish tilt common to current Leica lenses.

The Sonnar, for a ~70 year old version of an 80+ year old design, IMO hangs in there pretty well.

-Dave-

Telecaster

« Reply #1522 on: May 18, 2018, 03:03:57 pm »

The park trails I love walking on are really pretty at this time of year. The greens are fresh & clean and the browns have pleasingly darkened. I spent lotsa time on this particular walk just standing and letting my senses take it all in.

-Dave-

Rob C

« Reply #1523 on: May 18, 2018, 04:14:15 pm »

Sweet soul music.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 05:11:21 am by Rob C »

BobDavid

« Reply #1524 on: May 19, 2018, 02:43:00 am »

Sweet soul music.

...interesting, jumped out at me.

BobDavid

« Reply #1525 on: May 19, 2018, 02:44:04 am »

stuck in traffic at the crossing

Rob C

« Reply #1526 on: May 19, 2018, 04:18:24 am »

stuck in traffic at the crossing

I keep looking in vain for all those '59 Coupe de Villes, Pontiac '73 Grand Prix... even an Eldorado with horns would be okay and reassure me!

Has the US really lost its love affair with cars? Funny thing: Mallorca has lots of Mercedes, but the majority appear to be taxis. A few folks with no money buy used BMW 3 series coupes and then end up with even less money than they started with, if you see what I mean. I don't know who buys the new ones, other than my doctor who has sold his in favour of a 4 Gran Coupé model because he is now a granddad and needs a rear door even though he rathers it didn't apear obvious (that it's a door, not his grandfathership).

Funny thing, the mind: I drive a small car - a Fiesta - and there are loads of places I don't even try to get through in the old town here; yet, periodically, you see builder's trucks there with cranes, unloading cement and cement mixers. Perhaps the drivers just don't care, and figure the buildings will collapse before the truck gets seriously damaged. Or a damaged truck is yet another, secret rite of passage? (No pun etc.)

Telecaster

« Reply #1527 on: May 19, 2018, 06:04:44 pm »

Bob's photo is kinda misleading in that there are no large pickup trucks with fierce-looking front grills in it. "Check out my style!" has been replaced in large part by "Stay away from me!"

-Dave-

Rob C

« Reply #1528 on: May 20, 2018, 04:44:42 am »

Bob's photo is kinda misleading in that there are no large pickup trucks with fierce-looking front grills in it. "Check out my style!" has been replaced in large part by "Stay away from me!"

-Dave-

I think bull bars are illegal in the UK, though some trucks have them out here in Spain.

Worse, I think, are those towing hooks that extend from the rear of some vehicles. Plastic doesn't stand much of a chance against them, even if they are disguised under half a tennis ball.

Rob

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #1529 on: May 20, 2018, 05:08:52 am »

I think bull bars are illegal in the UK, though some trucks have them out here in Spain.

Worse, I think, are those towing hooks that extend from the rear of some vehicles. Plastic doesn't stand much of a chance against them, even if they are disguised under half a tennis ball.

Rob

Bull bars were made illegal to fit as they kill and maim pedestrians. Tow balls won't do that and really should you be that close to the car in front?

I was sitting in my parked car as someone carefully drove into/onto my tow ball. What was he thinking of? Well a new radiator I expect :)

Rob C

« Reply #1530 on: May 20, 2018, 06:30:37 am »

Bull bars were made illegal to fit as they kill and maim pedestrians. Tow balls won't do that and really should you be that close to the car in front?

I was sitting in my parked car as someone carefully drove into/onto my tow ball. What was he thinking of? Well a new radiator I expect :)

Absolutely correct.

Also absolutely correct is the fact that folks with towing hooks don't park any better than the guys who drive into them.

Rob

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #1531 on: May 20, 2018, 09:45:33 am »

Farmhouse parlour

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #1532 on: May 20, 2018, 09:58:44 am »

Farmhouse parlour

A universal moment...Great image.

Peter

Rob C

« Reply #1533 on: May 20, 2018, 10:25:53 am »

Yeah, it helps looking around the old pad when you can't be bothered going out.

And a lazy guy just loves black and white.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 05:11:52 am by Rob C »

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #1534 on: May 20, 2018, 11:04:34 am »

Yeah, it helps looking around the old pad when you can't be bothered going out.

And a lazy guy just loves black and white.

My Kinda hunt...Love it.

Peter

Telecaster

« Reply #1535 on: May 20, 2018, 04:41:30 pm »

Hotel room pic from a couple weeks back.

-Dave-

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #1536 on: May 20, 2018, 04:53:24 pm »

Hotel room pic from a couple weeks back.

I've stayed in places like that. Depressing, isn't it?

Jeremy

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #1537 on: May 20, 2018, 06:36:10 pm »

The Royal Roost. The chair on the right bears a plaque that reads "This chair was used by his Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh..."  Who keeps track of these things? In days gone by there was the Groom of the Stool, but that was a much more intimate throne (and function) :)

BobDavid

« Reply #1538 on: May 20, 2018, 06:49:23 pm »

The Royal Roost. The chair on the right bears a plaque that reads "This chair was used by his Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh..."  Who keeps track of these things? In days gone by there was the Groom of the Stool, but that was a much more intimate throne (and function) :)

...reminds me of the director Wes Anderson (except I don't recall any of his films being in black and white).

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #1539 on: May 21, 2018, 02:32:55 am »

Who keeps track of these things?

You bet we do. We have a chair (which the cat has taken ownership of) used the Prince of Wales before he became King George the fifth. It is of course referred to as the King's chair - which no doubt pleases the cat.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 184   Go Up