Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 184   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice 3  (Read 386321 times)

churly

Re: Without Prejudice 3
« Reply #1020 on: January 24, 2018, 09:06:29 pm »

Nice one Patricia. 
Chuck Hurich

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #1021 on: January 24, 2018, 09:14:13 pm »

Nice one Patricia.
+1.
But Spring also brings Mud Season, after which you may be able to get to that car safely if you need to.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

armand

• Photos
« Reply #1022 on: January 24, 2018, 09:29:41 pm »

wasps in the winter

Rob C

« Reply #1023 on: January 25, 2018, 03:59:25 am »

No whisky involved... just a rainy Sunday morning in Paris

If that's from your own apartment, you have a minefield at your feet!

Incidentally, that's pretty good definition you've got there: I can read the legend about the shop so clearly!

Rob

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #1024 on: January 25, 2018, 05:00:20 am »

No, it's an AirBnB. 50€/night, really quite nice except for the passage of the nuclear powered garbage compactor in the early hours of Saturday. It's in the 17th, which I didn't know at all but my friend had meetings at Pont de Levallois... so it was an opportunity.

Here's one from down the road a bit... and it comes with a sound-track :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifhcWeXIOZs

(As for resolution... the car he is level with is a Smart "FourTwo" which is very easy to read at full res... damn these hand-held APC sensors and 16 year old zooms :) )
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 05:09:37 am by GrahamBy »

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #1025 on: January 25, 2018, 05:04:35 am »

The Leica Look (when you push an M9 exposure to ~EI 16000 and leave in all the resulting artifacts).  :)

Yes! Much better than smoothing, de-noising, sharpening and otherwise converting the image into what one thinks it should be rather than what it is :)

Although I have to say that Leica noise doesn't look so different to Pentax noise  ;D

Rob C

« Reply #1026 on: January 25, 2018, 05:43:30 am »

No, it's an AirBnB. 50€/night, really quite nice except for the passage of the nuclear powered garbage compactor in the early hours of Saturday. It's in the 17th, which I didn't know at all but my friend had meetings at Pont de Levallois... so it was an opportunity.

Here's one from down the road a bit... and it comes with a sound-track :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifhcWeXIOZs

(As for resolution... the car he is level with is a Smart "FourTwo" which is very easy to read at full res... damn these hand-held APC sensors and 16 year old zooms :) )

Oops! Of course, it's Paris, quite some way away!

Grace Jones. Not my cup of tea, even were it the last cup I was ever to be offered, though I believe that entire suite of crockery is already down the Swannee! Jean-Paul Goude used to push her a lot in French PHOTO lo those many moons ago...  never could understand her popularity if, indeed, she ever was, and it wasn't simply media hype made one imagine so.

Rob C

« Reply #1027 on: January 25, 2018, 05:53:35 am »

Huh? What then have you been feeding the poor damsel lately?

Well, if you reflect on that, you might see her point... those black stallions come with as much hype as did Ms Jones.

I don't see her as much these days - I think that what with the hint from the new, fluttering ribbon above the electric wire, they are trying to keep us apart. She seems to be in a second field where she only becomes visible when in front of a gate. My daughter has suggested (before this new ribbon was brought into play) that I start to walk past Moira, just casually, carrying a saddle on my shoulder for a few days... perhaps instead of a whistle I might try a whisper. I'd never have thought of that.

;-)

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #1028 on: January 25, 2018, 05:56:45 am »

Oh, I think she has a certain charm :)
She was HUGE in the gay community... and if she occasionally punched a few blokes in her disambulations down the corridors of television land, it probably did them some good :)

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #1029 on: January 25, 2018, 07:06:48 am »

A feeble attempt at a more Rob-like approach, including faux-framing.
I'm imagining a Daido telling me: "too many mind" and then start looking for more eros in our city, which is quite a considerable task given the average age of citizenship here, so you'll have to excuse the windowtheme. It's just an appetizer, so to speak.
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Rob C

« Reply #1030 on: January 25, 2018, 08:02:08 am »

A feeble attempt at a more Rob-like approach, including faux-framing.
I'm imagining a Daido telling me: "too many mind" and then start looking for more eros in our city, which is quite a considerable task given the average age of citizenship here, so you'll have to excuse the windowtheme. It's just an appetizer, so to speak.

Your appetizer is beautiful!

Rob

Rob C

« Reply #1031 on: January 25, 2018, 08:16:59 am »

Oh, I think she has a certain charm :)
She was HUGE in the gay community... and if she occasionally punched a few blokes in her disambulations down the corridors of television land, it probably did them some good :)

Perhaps charm is relative, and the sense of it a bit too subjective! I have no thermometer within the "happy" community (gotta be sensitive here or risk banishment!) and thus no way of knowing how hugely hot or lukewarm the person may have been... ;-) For my part, I wouldn't even have wanted to photograph her in her time. It wasn't a matter of being indifferent, it was one of actual dislike of an image, though as a person, off-stage, she may have been a delightful buttercup. But from afar, one knows only what's projected.

I'd add: of all the models in this world, if I were to have the choice of shooting pictures of one of them, at her prime, that girl would be Jean Shrimpton: hands down winner by a mile. I don't think anyone since has come close.

As with my revulsion with one, the attraction for this other one is pretty much complete: I just can't imagine Shrimp being a bitch. Again, I never met her, but from the few videos where she speaks, as from her expressions, she is about softness, vulnerabilty, and not in the least like the contemporary model women who threaten to skewer you with every snap. But, perhaps as with Jones, I could be being deluded by image, but a chance I'd have taken with Jean. Fierce women leave me cold; it's not my idea of femininity at all. Yep, I'm always gonna be the obsolete romantic!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 08:32:53 am by Rob C »

Telecaster

« Reply #1032 on: January 25, 2018, 04:59:51 pm »

Enjoyed all the recent pic posts!

Today's maple tree study comes courtesy of the near-infrared spectrum and a 720nm filter.

-Dave-

Telecaster

« Reply #1033 on: January 25, 2018, 10:16:42 pm »

wasps in the winter

This reminds me of my dad & I water-blasting a wasp's nest, along with its inhabitants, into pulp after one of the wasps stung a neighbor. (The nest was in the same maple tree now suffering from leaf separation anxiety.)

-Dave-

Telecaster

« Reply #1034 on: January 26, 2018, 12:07:16 am »

Keeping up both guitar playing and lens focusing chops. Two cups of coffee helped with the former while not seeming to harm the latter.  :)

-Dave-

Telecaster

« Reply #1035 on: January 26, 2018, 05:14:14 pm »

Nicer weather leads to (short due to mud) park trail walk for this boy.

-Dave-

armand

• Photos
« Reply #1036 on: January 26, 2018, 10:27:02 pm »

farbschlurf

• fototypo
« Reply #1037 on: January 27, 2018, 03:58:27 am »

Hmm ...

Flags by Stefan Berndt, auf Flickr

Rob C

« Reply #1038 on: January 27, 2018, 04:22:20 am »

Reminds me of Brexit. Europe won't ever be the same again, and worst of all, nobody will have won anything at all...

The power of photography to express what it sees.

degrub

« Reply #1039 on: January 27, 2018, 07:21:19 pm »

Ms Coke is going to be jealous that you have taken up the vine. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 184   Go Up