Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 184   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice 3  (Read 386459 times)

Patricia Sheley

Re: Without Prejudice 3
« Reply #1000 on: January 21, 2018, 07:16:13 am »

That one has power indeed, and mystery. Cuts right across the banal.

The floating fine line between fear and desire? (your history with forest,) The sparse population or even more of interest relative safety from your position in place, screened out? Always surprising, the ever constant ebb and flow of our involuntary senses.
A common woman~

armand

• Photos
« Reply #1001 on: January 21, 2018, 02:48:16 pm »

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #1002 on: January 22, 2018, 06:48:54 am »

Acknowledgement of a forever friend...Indeed

Peter

Rob C

« Reply #1003 on: January 22, 2018, 07:12:11 am »

Acknowledgement of a forever friend...Indeed

Peter

Yeah, she calls me whenever the blues come say hello.

If I'm smart I go to her; if I'm not, I just walk and hope it lifts and passes again. So far so good...

;-)

Rob C

« Reply #1004 on: January 22, 2018, 07:20:52 am »

Sometimes there's a ramp...

I thought you were too young to notice ramps; two things made me aware: at an early age it was riding a bicycle against the breeze; these days, it's just walking. Quite amazing how one's sense of level increase with age. The wonderful, new-found sense is all in the principal pump.

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #1005 on: January 22, 2018, 09:35:38 am »

Sometimes rain helps me get photos of people too distracted by their umbrellas to notice the camera, but in Paris no one holds till for more than a few milliseconds unless held up by a red light... and even then...

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #1006 on: January 22, 2018, 12:02:40 pm »

Rob, you're doing some really interesting stuff.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #1007 on: January 22, 2018, 12:10:54 pm »

They take their time in Palma, maybe because they already know there's nowhere else to go.

Love it :)

Rob C

« Reply #1008 on: January 22, 2018, 12:14:35 pm »

Sometimes rain helps me get photos of people too distracted by their umbrellas to notice the camera, but in Paris no one holds till for more than a few milliseconds unless held up by a red light... and even then...

An exercise in futilty: smoking on a bicycle was a waste of fag - a motorised machine makes it last even less time! On the other hand, perhaps that's more healthy, then, despite gasses.

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #1009 on: January 22, 2018, 01:35:59 pm »

I'm looking for a version with less window and more wall, but there was a tree in the way, so let's call it a study. Need to get closer for an unobstructed wider view but that would be on their premises, so it's either asking permission or stealthmode. Considering the sentiment these days, i'd better ask permission first.
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

armand

• Photos
« Reply #1010 on: January 22, 2018, 10:56:39 pm »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #1011 on: January 22, 2018, 11:11:21 pm »

I'm looking for a version with less window and more wall...

That's a cool shot, Oscar.

It is fine as-is, but if you insist, you can always reduce the aspect ratio from the left.

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #1012 on: January 23, 2018, 05:24:06 am »

An exercise in futilty: smoking on a bicycle was a waste of fag - a motorised machine makes it last even less time! On the other hand, perhaps that's more healthy, then, despite gasses.

You know that at one stage Barry Sheene drilled a hole in the front of his helmet, so he could get in one last fag while sitting on the starting grid at GP's ?

Eventually it killed him, more surely than all the high-speed impacts. Today's riders are all hyper-trained athletes and wouldn't dream of such things, with a very small number of exceptions. One of them though is Valentino Rossi, arguably the greatest of all... who probably grills one occasionally just for the perversity of it.

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #1013 on: January 23, 2018, 07:46:13 am »

That's a cool shot, Oscar.

It is fine as-is, but if you insist, you can always reduce the aspect ratio from the left.

Yes, although I would like to stick to 2:1 or 16:9 for the theme (industrial activity) and the wall structure obviously makes the image. There is a lot of wall left at the top, so perhaps there is a square version possible. The window however extends further to the left so I would like to go for a more elongated but more narrow window contribution with a very dominant wall structure. Even smaller bricks but with plenty of detail would be preferred.

Most of the people that work in this building have mental disabilities and I'm strongly considering calling this "autism" where the narrow window in a wall of structure alludes to a narrow view and love or necessity of structure in the lives of these people.

I could probably shoot a scene oversight picture to show the context.

Regards,
~ O ~

Rob C

« Reply #1014 on: January 23, 2018, 09:25:29 am »

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/stephanie-mclean

No wonder he had to smoke now and then...

I used to have her index card but never used her - I think she might have been with Bobton's Agency, but it's long gone too. Yeah, quite an era that was. I think about it sometimes now and start to wonder if it ever existed, and then I find some of my old snaps and feel a little bit more certain that it did. She was a Penthouse or Playboy girl at one time.

I also remember wearing bell-bottoms of the softest denim; a big brand - briefly- was South Sea Bubble, but it went the way of its illustrious namesake...

Telecaster

« Reply #1015 on: January 23, 2018, 10:44:19 pm »

There are no actual cardinals to be *seen around my house at the moment so this will have to do. I think Joan Cox was a neighbor of ours when I was a kid. (I remember the Cox children well but I'm not certain Joan was their mother.) The brown splotch above left of the cutting board dates back more than 40 years. My Aunt Anna flicked a spatula holding a small amount of lemon or lime pudding/filling at me—I was being a smartarse about something—and missed, hitting the wall instead. I cleaned it up but somehow didn't properly get this one spot. It wasn't even noticeable at first, but once it darkened Anna pointed it out to me with a grin…and left it there.  :)

-Dave-

*At my fav local park the cardinals are much less wary of humans during winter, probably because so many folks leave seeds and nuts for the smaller residents. I've put out seeds on a bench in really cold & snowy weather and had a cardinal immediately swoop down and start chowing less than two feet away from me.

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #1016 on: January 24, 2018, 03:38:55 pm »

I wonder if this is one of Moira's dreams?

Rob

Huh? What then have you been feeding the poor damsel lately?
Regards,
~ O ~

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #1017 on: January 24, 2018, 05:12:15 pm »

No whisky involved... just a rainy Sunday morning in Paris
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 05:36:29 pm by GrahamBy »

Telecaster

« Reply #1018 on: January 24, 2018, 05:24:36 pm »

The Leica Look (when you push an M9 exposure to ~EI 16000 and leave in all the resulting artifacts).  :)

-Dave-

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #1019 on: January 24, 2018, 07:31:35 pm »

~toward Spring
A common woman~
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 184   Go Up