Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 184   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice 3  (Read 386403 times)

Rob C

Re: Without Prejudice 3
« Reply #800 on: December 16, 2017, 03:52:25 pm »

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #801 on: December 17, 2017, 08:52:00 am »

Sunset cruise basketball:

Awesome shot, and so much nicer than a cruise missile.

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #802 on: December 17, 2017, 09:06:22 am »

Not winter in Colorado, but damp, cold and generally unpleasant. Unless it's a sunny day, when you forgive it its other face. Until nightfall. When you freeze again.
Rob

Another impeccably composed shot, Rob. Here, we just got our first "real" snowfall of the season (i.e. the snow has lasted more than 24 hours). Our rhododendrons' leaves are curled so tight they look positively spikey. Which means it's c-c-cold outside. Oh, well. Just add another layer (of clothes).

Rob C

« Reply #803 on: December 17, 2017, 11:05:10 am »

Another impeccably composed shot, Rob. Here, we just got our first "real" snowfall of the season (i.e. the snow has lasted more than 24 hours). Our rhododendrons' leaves are curled so tight they look positively spikey. Which means it's c-c-cold outside. Oh, well. Just add another layer (of clothes).

Thanks, John, it did sort of fall into place as most of these things tend to do. Perhaps it's what attracts us to something in the first instance. I suspect that our eyes are ahead of our minds, quite often.

By the way, I tried to enter your website just now, and on clicking to "read more", I get an Amazon ad that won't go away. This is on the iPad - may be different on the PC.

That's an amazing texture you have on that rock formation on the opening page - one could almost touch it!

Rob

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #804 on: December 17, 2017, 02:09:52 pm »

Laying low and walking tall... Havana, Cuba:

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #805 on: December 17, 2017, 03:59:43 pm »

Thanks, John, it did sort of fall into place as most of these things tend to do. Perhaps it's what attracts us to something in the first instance. I suspect that our eyes are ahead of our minds, quite often.

By the way, I tried to enter your website just now, and on clicking to "read more", I get an Amazon ad that won't go away. This is on the iPad - may be different on the PC.

That's an amazing texture you have on that rock formation on the opening page - one could almost touch it!

Rob

Ah, that website. I'm checking it out, and sometimes I get pushed somewhere else on the internet but, so far, not Amazon. Hitting the back arrow repeatedly gets me back to the home page and then everything works as normal for that session. All the Wordpress security doohickeys I installed think there's nothing wrong. I have a query into the web host, but haven't heard back. Thank God I don't depend on it for revenue. Still, I need to clear that up. Thanks for the heads up.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #806 on: December 17, 2017, 07:42:10 pm »

Havana's pastel decay:

Telecaster

« Reply #807 on: December 17, 2017, 11:37:38 pm »

Havana's pastel decay:

Now here's a place I'd like to visit. Not sure if I want to go now…or wait to see what it starts turning into post-Fidel, then go.

-Dave-

Rob C

« Reply #808 on: December 18, 2017, 07:02:14 am »

Now here's a place I'd like to visit. Not sure if I want to go now…or wait to see what it starts turning into post-Fidel, then go.

-Dave-

I'd wait until it joins the European Community and gets rebuilt...

:-)

Rob

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #809 on: December 18, 2017, 10:02:40 am »

-Dave-

I've never been to Cuba, but it's been a favourite destination for Canadians for decades. And I've seen the same (basic) photographs from numerous photographers, now – a bit like Iceland and certain areas of the American southwest. Photo workshops all go to the same locations. Still, there must be lots of opportunity. Slobodan's images prove that – kudos to him for seeing something different.

degrub

« Reply #810 on: December 18, 2017, 10:51:34 am »

Go before the Americans (i'm one) flood back in with a change in administration and it becomes just another commercial resort. It's appears to be not as impoverished and run down as what i experienced in  East Germany  back in the '80s from what my friends can tell me.

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #811 on: December 18, 2017, 11:44:52 am »

Lyon had its first snow last night, and the 5cm threw the city into complete chaos as it does each time. No salt on the roads so the snow had packed down to ice by the time I put the knobby tyres on the bicycle and set off to work. I wasn't stylish but I stayed upright.

Sunday night, it was another Cynthia & Damien performance... they have now evolved from black paint to green paint to red lipstick, with added scissors. This time on a staircase in the foyer of  theatre, during intermission of a festival of French songs...

The photo is effectively monochrome: red at +30% saturation, orange at -30% and the rest at -100%. Almost all the light was coming from a tungsten spot over my left shoulder, but qhite a bit reflected back from the wall behind.

It's unfortunate that she made her face make-up darker than the rest of her body... but oh well. There are another 150 photos I need to pick through, last night I only picked out 5 and then crashed into my bed.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:50:42 am by GrahamBy »

Rob C

« Reply #812 on: December 18, 2017, 02:34:39 pm »

Lyon had its first snow last night, and the 5cm threw the city into complete chaos as it does each time. No salt on the roads so the snow had packed down to ice by the time I put the knobby tyres on the bicycle and set off to work. I wasn't stylish but I stayed upright.

Sunday night, it was another Cynthia & Damien performance... they have now evolved from black paint to green paint to red lipstick, with added scissors. This time on a staircase in the foyer of  theatre, during intermission of a festival of French songs...

The photo is effectively monochrome: red at +30% saturation, orange at -30% and the rest at -100%. Almost all the light was coming from a tungsten spot over my left shoulder, but qhite a bit reflected back from the wall behind.

It's unfortunate that she made her face make-up darker than the rest of her body... but oh well. There are another 150 photos I need to pick through, last night I only picked out 5 and then crashed into my bed.

Covered in paint?

Rob

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #813 on: December 18, 2017, 04:10:02 pm »

Nah, olive oil... but that's another story :)

Rob C

« Reply #814 on: December 18, 2017, 05:06:14 pm »

Nah, olive oil... but that's another story :)

Well lubricated, then?

:-)

Rob

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #815 on: December 18, 2017, 07:58:46 pm »

As I said yesterday, we got our first "real" snowfall of the season recently. Unfortunately, the wind blew it out of the trees fairly quickly, so the scenes along the walking trail weren't very special. But I have to walk through town to get to the trail, and caught some sun and shadows at a local park.

Rob C

« Reply #816 on: December 19, 2017, 03:33:50 pm »

As I said yesterday, we got our first "real" snowfall of the season recently. Unfortunately, the wind blew it out of the trees fairly quickly, so the scenes along the walking trail weren't very special. But I have to walk through town to get to the trail, and caught some sun and shadows at a local park.

The best is often right under our nose...

Colour one for me.

Rob

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #817 on: December 20, 2017, 02:36:06 pm »

She doesn't believe it either, but that's what it says... makes you wonder.

Rob

She came in through the bathroom window
Protected by a silver spoon...
And though she tried her best to help me
She could steal but she could not rob

JNB_Rare

• JNB54
« Reply #818 on: December 20, 2017, 02:37:45 pm »

Ice in the rock cut.

Rob C

« Reply #819 on: December 20, 2017, 02:55:21 pm »

John, that's like an X-Ray of my feet, complete with ice.

Funny how badly one feels the cold out here in the Med; it isn't really that cold, statistically speaking, but it certainly is when you bring in dampness and wind chill and non-existent building insulation.

;-(

Rob
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 184   Go Up