Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: X-T2 is out, (offically) Who is interested  (Read 55640 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
X-T2 is out, (offically) Who is interested
« on: July 07, 2016, 08:19:22 am »

Today was the official day for the anno of the X-T2, (well it's been one of the most pronounced cameras ever from Fuji).

Looking good, especially the new grip, came in 100.00 under the X-pro2.  Will more than likely go ahead and let my X-Pro2 go and get in line for the X-T2. 

What are others thoughts? 

For me, the large battery capacity, and body style are a must, along with the ability to move the screen.  I will miss the play button being on the right however.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
Re: X-T2 is out, (offically) Who is interested
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 08:48:34 am »

There's an unusually extensive first impressions review up on DPReview:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilm-x-t2-first-impressions-review

Looks very good on paper (or screen)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 09:23:37 am »

I agree,  Hope that Phase One can get a camera before December!! as the LR conversions I expect will still be the same as always, i.e. way to plastic looking for finer details.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 09:24:30 am »

I think it will be a good addition to a nice system. I tried Fuji X for a while, but since the Sony A7 system matured enough for me, it was a no brainer to go with the latter, rather than the former.

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 11:01:47 am »

A lot of the specs were leaked in advance, but what I find most striking about the announced product is the many small ergonomic tweaks to the design of the body—most of them apparently inspired by comments from customers—which should improve handling.

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 02:16:49 pm »

I'll get one. I have a couple of X Pro 2 bodies and I'm still using my X-T1's for long lenses and zooms. I'd like to have all my cameras have the same sensor and output, and the handling upgrades are worth it. The battery grip looks especially useful.

The X Pro 2 fixed every problem that I had with the Fuji system (not that I had many), and the X-T2 will be a nice addition.
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/

Rand47

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 02:26:03 pm »

My only complaint about my current X-T1 bodies is the AF tracking ability.  I'm surprised to hear the emphasis placed on AF performance in the X-T2.  If it lives up to 1/2 of the hype, it will make Fuji at least usable for focus tracking moving subjects.

I'm also impressed with all the additional small refinements to an already stellar camera.  I'll be ordering one w/ the battery grip.

Last, as one who originally bought into the 4/3 system, which Olympus abandoned in favor of m4/3, and then Sony FF w/ a couple of a900s and tons of expensive Sony/Zeiss A mount glass - subsequently abandoned by Sony, I'm feeling pretty good about Fuji's commitment to an APSC system with stellar optics.  My considerable investment in Fuji glass looks like it won't end up as "ten cents on the dollar" door stops as Olympus and Sony proved to be.  (End of semi-rant!)

Rand

Rand Scott Adams

Telecaster

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 03:34:59 pm »

I really like what Fuji is doing with their X cameras & lenses. If I were starting from scratch today an X-T2 or the (presumably) upcoming X-En variant would be high on my list of stuff to try out.

-Dave-

rdonson

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 03:50:49 pm »

The X-T2 ticks all the boxes for me and will eventually relegate my  X-T1 to backup status.  Since so much was leaked before the announcement the only real surprise for me was the new AF-C options.  As someone who has shot a lot of sports with my Canons I'm thinking this may be the end of the line for all my Canon gear.  If the AF-C works as well as some say I will have a lot of Canon gear on the block.

I originally bought the X-T1 rather than lug my Canon gear with me on walkabouts.  I was so pleasantly surprised by the IQ and the old style controls that I rarely pick up my Canon stuff these days.  I've been shooting almost exclusively with the X-T1 for the last year and love the handling and lighter bag. 

Since DXO doesn't handle the Fuji sensor you might be interested in this report on the X-T2 dynamic range.

http://petapixel.com/2016/07/07/fuji-x-t2-raw-files-crazy-dynamic-range/
Regards,
Ron

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 05:15:12 pm »

Impressive review. Thanks.

One feature from the X-pro2 I hope is carried over is the shutter. I am still impressed with the X-pro 2 shutter in both speed and low noise. The way the X-pro 2 handle bracketing is also a vast improvement and again I assume the X-T2 will get this also.

Early reviews have already commented that the the X-t2 has the same designed 4 way menu buttons with the much better physical  feedback when pressed.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

scooby70

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 05:19:46 pm »

My considerable investment in Fuji glass looks like it won't end up as "ten cents on the dollar" door stops as Olympus and Sony proved to be.  (End of semi-rant!)

I can see your point and I'm lucky in that I've never bought into a system that ended or stagnated apart from film but... I hope that your Olympus and Sony gear didn't actually stop working when MFT and the A7 series appeared.

Good luck to Fuji and I do like the idea of the manual dials but for me it's a piggy in the middle system lacking the savings in bulk and weight offered by MFT and not quite matching the A7 series system for image quality whilst being about the same size wise.

scyth

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 06:02:14 pm »

Since DXO doesn't handle the Fuji sensor you might be interested in this report on the X-T2 dynamic range.

http://petapixel.com/2016/07/07/fuji-x-t2-raw-files-crazy-dynamic-range/

as it is still the "same" (excluding CFA and whatever firmware controls) sensor as in Sony A6300 is shall be around that + http://photonstophotos.net/Charts/PDR.htm gives test data @ __NOMINAL__ ISO (not SSat ISO as DxOMark) ... X-Pro2 is already there, shall be the same as X-T2

Rand47

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 06:25:55 pm »

I hope that your Olympus and Sony gear didn't actually stop working when MFT and the A7 series appeared.

In one sense they did.  A camera body is a nominal investment compared to a good collection of top notch lenses.  Without clunky adapters, neither my pro quality Olympus lenses, nor the Sony/Zeiss A mount lenses would work.  Support for repair work (especially with the Sony) all but vanished.  Development of and support for 3rd party accessories stopped dead.  Did they still make photos?  Sure.  Did the abandonment of both systems allow my over $20,000.00 investment in professional level lenses take advantage of significant advances in sensor and other technology?  Absolutely not.  Put it this way, if you had invested a similar amount in Canon or Nikon premium lenses for their FF cameras, and then the company abandoned that lens mount completely, would you be content to go on using a three or four generations old body and feel great about it?  I think not.  To have this happen once, was unpleasant (Olympus), to have it happen again within a couple of years (Sony) really was a discouragement (that's polite).

I know it isn't rational, but I will never buy another Sony or Olympus camera, ever. 

Sorry for the thread digression, but your comment really chapped my hide.  Not many admit it "out loud" but at least a part of the profession of photography (and certainly the avocation/hobby) is the satisfaction of "chasing the technology" and seeing large leaps (and incremental increases) in image quality as well as the addition of features and technology that expand what is possible to accomplish photographically.

Rand
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:30:46 pm by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 08:27:16 pm »

This is really annoying... I was hoping not to like the camera, but it seems about perfect...

Together with lenses such as the 56mm f1.2 it will probably result in pretty much the nicest portrait images short of a H6D100c with the 100mm f2.2...

Cheers,
Bernard

scyth

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 08:51:25 pm »

Did the abandonment of both systems allow my over $20,000.00 investment in professional level lenses take advantage of significant advances in sensor and other technology?

over $20K ? sounds like you have the likes of Zuiko 90-250mm f2.8 + Zuiko 300mm f2.8 + Zuiko 150mm f2.0 + couple of Zuiko f2.0 zooms no less ... that hurts

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 10:17:34 pm »

I am in the queue, I have not upgraded in quite some time and will still keep my XT-1 but the specs and the reviews I have been reading so far make it quite an interesting upgrade. A lot to like with it. And I certainly do hope Capture One allocates the time, but it will still be a useful camera regardless. A lot to like from Fuji especially their attention to supporting older models, and the lenses are certainly top notch.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

rdonson

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2016, 10:58:27 pm »

as it is still the "same" (excluding CFA and whatever firmware controls) sensor as in Sony A6300 is shall be around that + http://photonstophotos.net/Charts/PDR.htm gives test data @ __NOMINAL__ ISO (not SSat ISO as DxOMark) ... X-Pro2 is already there, shall be the same as X-T2

Very interesting chart!  Thanks for sharing!
Regards,
Ron

Zorki5

• AOLib
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2016, 03:46:11 am »

+1

Even more interesting stuff is available from the home page:

http://photonstophotos.net/index.htm

scyth

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2016, 10:09:23 am »

the author, Bill Claff, is a well known (to sensor measurebators) persona ( he is registered here @ LuLa, but more active @ DPReview )

dickbarbour2@gmail.com

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 10:26:29 am »

I liked my X-T1 a lot, all except the terrible ergonomics of the top dials. I was always inadvertently setting something else like drive mode when I just wanted to change the ISO. The stacked dials with the top ones locked were so much of a problem that I sold it and kept only my X100T as far as Fuji goes. I see in the DPReview article that the ISO and shutter speed dials can now be kept unlocked, so this should solve my problem. Way to go, Fuji!
Dick
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up