Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: X-T2 is out, (offically) Who is interested  (Read 55748 times)

Sean H

Re: X-T2 is out, (offically) Who is interested
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2016, 01:20:53 pm »

Bernard - you make a good point. It may be that by the end of Photokina we will have several new good cameras from which to choose.

This is really annoying... I was hoping not to like the camera, but it seems about perfect...

Together with lenses such as the 56mm f1.2 it will probably result in pretty much the nicest portrait images short of a H6D100c with the 100mm f2.2...

Cheers,
Bernard

DanLehman

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2016, 03:49:15 pm »

over $20K ? sounds like you have the likes of Zuiko 90-250mm f2.8 + Zuiko 300mm f2.8 + Zuiko 150mm f2.0 + couple of Zuiko f2.0 zooms no less ... that hurts
And does the E-M1 not bring something modern to these?

--dl*

Rand47

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2016, 07:02:35 pm »

And does the E-M1 not bring something modern to these?

--dl*

Yes, indeed it does.... one of these:

And much slower AF.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Rand47

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2016, 09:15:29 pm »

Well, I pulled the trigger on pre-ordering a body, the grip, and three of the new batteries.  Nice to have a dealer I've dealt with for 30 or more years.  I'm #3 on his list, and have been invited to a "do" with Fuji reps later this month.

Nice to be so ancient and have something to look forward to like a kid!  LOL

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2016, 09:18:23 pm »

I am wondering if the older NP-W126 batteries from the X-Pro 2 and X-T1 will work on the X-T2.  The new battery is supposed to be cooler thus allowing less heat build up.  The X-Pro2, does get hot around the grip with extended use. 

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Rand47

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2016, 10:42:22 pm »

I am wondering if the older NP-W126 batteries from the X-Pro 2 and X-T1 will work on the X-T2.  The new battery is supposed to be cooler thus allowing less heat build up.  The X-Pro2, does get hot around the grip with extended use. 

Paul C

From the B&H product description:

"For using the maximum power of your X-T2 or X-Pro2 mirrorless camera, the Fujifilm NP-W126S Li-Ion Battery Pack has been designed to better manage heat and ensure lightning fast camera performance. This battery is also compatible with older cameras that use the NP-W126 battery pack, but users will not see any performance advantages in those bodies."

Rand

Rand Scott Adams

David Anderson

• http://www.twigwater.com
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2016, 03:16:09 am »

Looks good.

I like Fuji's commitment to their lens line-up.
Something you don't see from everyone.

I tried the 35 f2 and 56 1.2 on an XT-1 and was very impressed.

Zorki5

• AOLib
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2016, 03:34:00 am »

I like Fuji's commitment to their lens line-up.

I like the fact that they still publish their line-up.

I have to admit a was a bit cynical about that, like "of course they publish it for a new mount when it has so small selection"... Sony et. al. stopped updating their lens roadmaps pretty quickly, yet Fuji with their full-fledged line-up is they still doing it. Kudos to them.

bdbender4

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2016, 10:37:57 am »

I like and use Fuji stuff, and have quite a few lenses now.  And they certainly do listen to their customers.

But the body style I like best is the X-E2 series, and I hope it doesn't get lost in the shuffle, and that they get around to updating it with the new internals at a lower price point.  Smaller, lighter, don't care about weatherproofing, don't care about heavy optical viewfinder (almost never use the one in my X100T), don't care about 4K video that cooks the internals after 10 minutes.  Not sure what the big marketing hoo-hah is about needing 4K in small APS-C still cameras anyway.

I also notice that they just announced a firmware update for the X-Pro2 that will give it most of the capability of the X-T2.  As seems usual with Fuji, you can take this as the glass being either half-full or half-empty.  Half-full: kaizen love for customers continues apace.  Half-empty: the X-Pro2 should have had this stuff at release, and their practice of releasing cameras with unfinished glitchy firmware continues as usual.

Meanwhile, despite my interest in the X-T2, I just bought a second X-E2 for less than 1/3 the price. (FWIW I have an X-T10 as well as the other X-E2.)

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2016, 12:07:36 pm »

I just updated the article on the home page with some more information and photos from the NYC Press event.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

rdonson

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2016, 03:17:09 pm »

I also notice that they just announced a firmware update for the X-Pro2 that will give it most of the capability of the X-T2.  As seems usual with Fuji, you can take this as the glass being either half-full or half-empty.  Half-full: kaizen love for customers continues apace.  Half-empty: the X-Pro2 should have had this stuff at release, and their practice of releasing cameras with unfinished glitchy firmware continues as usual.

So..... how many people do you think would happily wait another 6 months for release of the new camera to have all the new firmware vs. how many people are happy with the camera at release and happier yet to get some new features with a new firmware release later?

What glitches have you observed or heard about with the X-Pro2's first release?
Regards,
Ron

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2016, 07:05:50 pm »

The X-pro2 has had a few problems,

Power off full reset ( which was supposedly fixed with a previous firmware release.

Camera does get hot with continuous use ( new batteries should help with this)

Black frame error which can be fatal. Has happened to quite a few users no set pattern. While shooting camera shows a black frame and gives a error message to power off. Sometimes it comes back on clearing the error other times the camera is bricked.

Overall mine has been a good camera no major issues.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

JV

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2016, 07:38:29 pm »

the X-Pro2 should have had this stuff at release, and their practice of releasing cameras with unfinished glitchy firmware continues as usual.

As long as it can be addressed with firmware updates it is not too bad...

The early runs of the X-T1 had a light leak issue (which was addressed by Fuji) and "mushy buttons" (unfortunately never addressed by Fuji).

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2016, 07:48:05 pm »

Actually the mushy buttons were addressed in later cameras. Fuji somehow added a bit more resistance so that you could feel them engage.

I have an early X-T1 with the mushy buttons and do hope that the X- T2 has buttons with a similar feel to the X-Pro2's which are excellent.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

jamiemphoto

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2016, 10:29:55 pm »

I really dig what Fuji is doing. I owned an X-T2 until my large scale images demand more than 16 megapixels could offer (and then I got a CFV-50c). I felt at home with the cameras, and I didn't miss flapping mirrors at all. In fact, I just shot on live view for nearly two years. It's like a really great ground glass ... Needless to say, I'm now excited over the X1D. But I'd be happy with a Fuji for most applications. And of course, I hold out hope for a Fuji MF ...

JV

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2016, 10:49:03 pm »

Actually the mushy buttons were addressed in later cameras. Fuji somehow added a bit more resistance so that you could feel them engage.

I have an early X-T1 with the mushy buttons and do hope that the X- T2 has buttons with a similar feel to the X-Pro2's which are excellent.

Paul C

Understood.  But Fuji never offered a solution for the early adopters, not even against payment...

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2016, 08:29:33 am »

Understood.  But Fuji never offered a solution for the early adopters, not even against payment...

I agree with you on that, as I tried twice to send my X-T1 for a menu button replacement.  Once after I read that the later models were different, and 2nd time after I actually tried one.  Supposedly in Asia Fuji allowed users to bring the camera into their center to have the switch done, US Fuji did not, and as you point out, would not even make the change if the user agreed to pay.  As a big X-T1 user, the button switch would have been a big help for me. 

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2016, 11:20:17 am »

As for the buttons, my x-t1 is an early version that had the light leak which Fuji did fix with a rapid turn-around. Many people have added suguru to the buttons and improved the tactile feel to them, I had some custom leather stick on buttons that I a guy had made on another forum and sold small quantities of them, he found a shop in Vietnam that did them for cheap, really helped the feel of mine.

I do love all the changes that Fuji does and the firmware upgrades, the upgrade firmware rather than continual body upgrades that some manufacturers seem to do. It is interesting to see and hear the issues that others have, some have been an issue at all for me, some are less annoying but it just goes to show, no matter how well you design something and get feedback the photography crowd can be difficult to please, even before pixel peeping.... ;D  The nice thing about the Fuji, except for this new camera, really have not made me feel like I constantly want to upgrade or feel that in order to get new features I need to change or upgrade to newer hardware.

To add my $0.02 worth, the one thing that Fuji really needs to do in my opinion, that they have yet to do in firmware upgrades and should be a relative easy thing to do, is to upgrade the bracketing feature for exposures. Sometimes I like to bracket shots to get the dynamic range and the current system of +/- 1 stop sometimes just does not do it for me, I know the new cameras are +/- 2 stops, but why not make it programmable? Make it a user choice of 3,5,7 or 9 shots and +/- 3 stops of more and user settable? Oh well for life to perfect.....  ;)   I know, maybe Kevin can poke at them and request it, I know I have been but maybe they might listen to Kevin.....

Alan
current GAS sufferer after a hiatus from it....

Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

BJL

X-T2 is out, (offically) Who is interested – Is X-trans still useful?
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2016, 11:54:21 am »

The Fujifilm X system appeals to me, particularly its lens system priorities, but I am uncertain how relevant the X-trans CFA approach is in comparison to the new trend of having no AA filter on high resolution Bayer CFA sensors.  If I recall correctly, the argument in favor of X-trans is that it avoids moiré without the need for an AA filter, and thus avoids the resolution loss caused by such filters.

Has anyone compared image quality between X-trans and non-AA Bayer cameras based on the same underlying 24MP 24x16mm Sony sensor chip? For example, X-Pro2 vs Nikon D7200 or D5500.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2016, 12:40:00 pm »

Totally agree on the bracketing.  Plus on my X-Pro2, with bracketing I have a pretty consistent problem getting 3 images in the same focus.  Hand holding, with OIS on, seems to be a problem, but even when on a tripod, OIS off, and just using AF, the camera seems to always get one of the 3 image just a tad out of the same degree of focus.  I have gone to using manual focus, before I bracket, which seems to resolve most of the problems, just adds a bit of hassle.

With the new shutter,  I had thought that hand hold bracketing would be easier (new drive move allowing all brackets to be shot at once). 

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up