Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Down

Author Topic: A New Change For Luminous-Landscape  (Read 144961 times)

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
Re: A New Change For Luminous-Landscape
« Reply #440 on: December 02, 2015, 06:03:50 pm »

Ah ha! just had an email from support with an email reset......................but how come if they have reset the password that I am still 'here'???

Edit ~ will try that on the smartphone but the trash needs to go out first!
A collection of mine here http://500px.c

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #441 on: December 02, 2015, 06:22:27 pm »

Ah ha! just had an email from support with an email reset......................
See! that only took 25 seconds!!

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
« Reply #442 on: December 02, 2015, 06:39:05 pm »

See! that only took 25 seconds!!

OK it took 2 attempts but the smartphone is now logged in :)

However, as support are so responsive to you and not me can you ask them as follows:-

1) If I log out on the tablet or PC will my old password work or do I have to use the new one he gave me.  NB in the past when I reset the password myself on the PC I have found myself logged out on all devices!

2) Whenever I get a system reset I get asked to create a new password private to me but as once logged in that function unlike on other sites there is no user access to change the password.................so other than going through a user requested reset how do I change the password to one of my choice.

Oh, he did not pass any comment about my report of the 'missing' help button in landscape on a smartphone or Tablet? any idea when that will be fixed

Many thanks for the helpful input and hopefully support  will provide the answers to the above nice & promptly :)

MHMG

« Reply #443 on: December 02, 2015, 07:10:45 pm »

I'm glad to discover in this way that I did not provide substantial or meaningful contributions to the forum over the years ;)

Don't feel bad. I didn't make the cut, either. But it does beg the question...What percentage of LuLa readers actually go to the forums and further contribute frequently enough to go from newbie to junior or senior member status? It might have been a more enlightened approach to give each and every past contributor to the forums a 1 year free subscription. While that approach might have delayed some initial revenues by one year, it may well have brought a very favorable return on investment next year.... just sayin.

cheers,
Mark
http://www.aardenburg-imaging.com

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #444 on: December 02, 2015, 07:15:09 pm »

It is unfortunate, to say the least, that some who got a private email decided to berate it publicly. A breach of etiquette, I would say.

MHMG

« Reply #445 on: December 02, 2015, 08:16:21 pm »

It is unfortunate, to say the least, that some who got a private email decided to berate it publicly. A breach of etiquette, I would say.

In rereading an earlier post by Chris Sanderson if I understand it correctly, apparently one of the criteria for getting the private email offering for the courtesy one year free subscription was Senior Membership status in the forums. As a Senior member in the forums I got no such private email, and my email address on record with LULA is correct, so perhaps there were other criteria as well that had to be met, or perhaps it is yet another glitch in the new website roll out.

Honestly, it's just a $12 difference for the haves and have not recipients of that offer, so it's not a big deal to me, but certainly a more carefully executed roll out plan could have spared lots of hard feelings.

cheers,
Mark

Telecaster

« Reply #446 on: December 02, 2015, 08:20:59 pm »

Cool. And I just today pulled the trigger on a Gretsch Brian Setzer Nashville.

:)  That sounds like fun. The single-cut Nashville/6120 is my favorite style Gretsch. I love the old DeArmond pickups (Seymour Duncan makes a spot-on repro) but Filter'Trons are mighty fine too. Got a set of the TV Jones "Classic" version waiting for the right guitar.

-Dave-

graeme

« Reply #447 on: December 02, 2015, 09:04:10 pm »

:)  That sounds like fun. The single-cut Nashville/6120 is my favorite style Gretsch. I love the old DeArmond pickups (Seymour Duncan makes a spot-on repro) but Filter'Trons are mighty fine too. Got a set of the TV Jones "Classic" version waiting for the right guitar.

-Dave-

A guitarist I was in a band with in the 1980's had one of these:

https://www.gbase.com/gear/gretsch-single-anniversary-1960-two-tone-gree

It was a lovely thing.

Weirdly, I wasn't offered free LuLa membership - what's that all about?

adias

« Reply #448 on: December 02, 2015, 10:03:49 pm »

I opted to stop automatic renewal and got an email stating my subscription has been canceled... I do not think that in actuality the subscription is cancelled, but that is an odd way to do this.

Many CC merchant systems offer an option (checkbox) to not save CC info post purchase. That would have been preferred and we should expect that the CC processing company does indeed delete CC info. This is important.

As a result of this (Stop Auto Pay) my Payments page states that my paid annual membership was FREE!?!

« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 10:16:13 pm by adias »

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #449 on: December 02, 2015, 10:45:46 pm »

For those who see ulterior motive behind our every move & problem during this transition, here is a timeline and objective list.

Well, I'm certainly no conspiracy theorist, but are you explicitly claiming that you and Kevin and Michael didn't actually concoct this whole subscription scheme just to deflect our attention from beating up on Adobe for its "Creative Cloud?"

P.S. Michael says Hi from Ethiopia where he is taking enviably compelling photographs

Yup, very suspicious.  Sounds to me like he is really on the lam.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #450 on: December 03, 2015, 12:29:29 am »

Real cute!  I'm sure you are one of the favored few that received a freebie based on you Republican ideals and quick quips.
Well, I got a freebie, too, much to my surprise. And I wouldn't vote for a Republican for anything (except, maybe, Slobodan for Dog Catcher).  :o
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #451 on: December 03, 2015, 12:55:47 am »

Well, I got a freebie, too, much to my surprise. And I wouldn't vote for a Republican for anything (except, maybe, Slobodan for Dog Catcher).  :o

Hum...I didn't get a freebie email...maybe I HAVEN'T been a good contributor over the years...so I dropped $12 to be a subscriber. I post this only to dispel any conspiracy regarding the "friends" discount :~)

AlterEgo

« Reply #452 on: December 03, 2015, 01:05:47 am »

I didn't get a freebie email
just check the spam folder...

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #453 on: December 03, 2015, 01:06:32 am »

just check the spam folder...

I did...nothing :~(

Manoli

« Reply #454 on: December 03, 2015, 03:46:50 am »

Just to let those know that were waiting . . . PayPal is now active and working for those that want to use PayPal for their membership.

Great .. halfway there, Kevin.
Now all we need is a 'Contributions' button linked to PayPal.

Rob C

« Reply #455 on: December 03, 2015, 04:53:25 am »

Yes, I got a 'free' extension to my visiting here; so what? I've already stated that I'd pay up twelve bucks if only in gratitude to the good that LuLa has done me in furthering my education in matters digital, a service that they rendered me after earlier such kindnesses from members of the original BJP forum did much the same. I eventually quit that earlier scene due the few assholes there who ruined it for the rest of us, who qu¡etly withdrew from what had become an open sewer, and started up our own photographic site, by invitation only. That's one thing that happens when a good place becomes soiled beyond redemption. Problem is, some asholes also migrate.

If I had any objections to LuLa and payment, these have now been overcome due to the fact that content freely supplied is no longer subject to being monetized, the same objection that would prevent me from handing over work to any paper magazine that had no intention of paying me. That sort of submission is normal for a wannabe, and I trod that same route once myself, but comes a time it becomes silly for the individual to persist: it simply cheapens the public (therefore business) perception of the contributor. Same with books: if the stuff's not good enough for a publisher to take a chance, then the same applies to myself, and I'd be an idiot to blow my scarce pennies on publishing vanity; better, and far more gratifying, to have bought a wee Merc, even if only to tool around a deserted summer resort, swanning off to the stray dogs!

As to the relative value of different contributors: of course they vary, and it's not numbers dependent! IMO, one post from Cooter is worth all of those from some other writers. That's IMO. It does not signify that the ownership of LuLa follows my personal beliefs or evaluations in the slightest. In fact, my own 'gift' wasn't even addressed to me by name, so for all I know, perhaps it's computer-generated, and that accounts for the seemingly random manner in which such things happened, and when you deal with the numbers of people who visit this site, seems highly likely to be the only method that's practicable; do you imagine a personal analysis of each and every contributor? Whatever the reason, I really don't feel the owners need explain  - it's their site, after all - and the value concerned is about one menu del dia for me, or possibly the cost of a coffee for those living in some cities. Big fucking deal. Of course, there will now ever be the PC brigade that sees imaginary equality as reality, and may God help them all and forgive them, for they are blided by their own faux altruism.

Rob C

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
« Reply #456 on: December 03, 2015, 05:52:34 am »

Well, finally got the login sorted!

Made my subscription payment via PayPal and noted it was for a repeating payment................OK no problem thinks I as I had read hereabouts that I could change/cancel that aspect in the LuLa portal but where is it???

For the record my payment page still says processing and oddly I see this

Enabled

$12 / year

Next Billing: December 3, 2015

I have sent a "help request" to get the feedback but if a recurring payment I would have expected the next billing to have said Dec 3, 2016.

Still a few wrinkles to iron out???

No doubt there is time to sort it out in due course so just looking forward to enjoying the video access the subscription allows :)

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #457 on: December 03, 2015, 07:18:25 am »

I really don't feel the owners need explain  - it's their site, after all - and the value concerned is about one menu del dia for me, or possibly the cost of a coffee for those living in some cities. Big fucking deal. Of course, there will now ever be the PC brigade that sees imaginary equality as reality, and may God help them all and forgive them, for they are blided by their own faux altruism.

Rob C
It has nothing to do with PC but simple transparency.  The entry fee is low and as noted, I paid it.  My point in raising this is that some were gifted others were not.  Had the site managers been up front with this from the get go, it would have been fine with me, the fact that they did not and then tried to make light of it was just wrong IMO.

Manoli

« Reply #458 on: December 03, 2015, 07:33:52 am »

It has nothing to do with PC but simple transparency.  The entry fee is low and as noted, I paid it.  My point in raising this is that some were gifted others were not.  Had the site managers been up front with this from the get go, it would have been fine with me, the fact that they did not and then tried to make light of it was just wrong IMO.

The fee and membership relate solely to the 'for sale', published articles and video on the site.

Cooter's concerns are entirely distinct from the objections and offence felt by some in this thread. Chris has already explained  'why and how' the confusion arose but, irrespective, I'll defend anyone's right to proffer a charitable gesture, without a need to either explain or justify, and there is definitely no requirement that it be egalitarian. The pecuniary amount is so trifling that it really shouldn't warrant concern - it's well below the radar of any reasonable interpretation of a 'financial incentive'. And, no, I don't feel slighted or belittled.

To those who still take umbrage, all I can say is : 'I feel sorry for you'.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #459 on: December 03, 2015, 09:01:50 am »

The fee and membership relate solely to the 'for sale', published articles and video on the site.

Cooter's concerns are entirely distinct from the objections and offence felt by some in this thread. Chris has already explained  'why and how' the confusion arose but, irrespective, I'll defend anyone's right to proffer a charitable gesture, without a need to either explain or justify, and there is definitely no requirement that it be egalitarian. The pecuniary amount is so trifling that it really shouldn't warrant concern - it's well below the radar of any reasonable interpretation of a 'financial incentive'. And, no, I don't feel slighted or belittled.

To those who still take umbrage, all I can say is : 'I feel sorry for you'.
You are missing my key point which is not the right of the site owners to gift anyone they please.  Clearly that is their right and you are correct that the the fee is low which I acknowledged as well.  It's proper to disclose these things and not just issue a flippant, "....I guess that is for us to know and others to speculate about." 

I'll throw this back at you, if you think this is correct behavior then, "I feel sorry for you."  We may agree that $12 is piddling but what if the membership fee was $25, $50, $100 a year?  Would you feel the same way?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Up