Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: A New Change For Luminous-Landscape  (Read 144972 times)

AlterEgo

Re: A New Change For Luminous-Landscape
« Reply #420 on: December 02, 2015, 04:03:05 pm »

there was some favoritism with "freebies."
I was also banned a lot... so everything is relative.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #421 on: December 02, 2015, 04:06:21 pm »

I gather by this statement that some senior members were "gifted" a year's membership, correct?  I think this is the first that I've seen this statement (correct me if I'm wrong).  What was the criteria here?  Number of posts?  If so, that's problematic as there are some who have posted a lot of dross.

Damn right!

So much so, that I suggest we start an Occupy LuLa movement, organize street protests and do not stop until the disgraced management resigns. After all, they've proven, time and again, they have no clue how to run a successful photo site.

We then proceed to run the site ourselves, managed by a committee (Goldhammer committee? Ironhammer committee? Hammer & Sickle committee?) to ensure PC values are adhered to and an inclusive and safe environment created for all.

Speaking of which, high time for the landscape privilege to end. There are many other minority genres who feel threaten, isolated, abused and neglected, thanks to the landscape brutality.

AlterEgo

« Reply #422 on: December 02, 2015, 04:10:57 pm »

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #423 on: December 02, 2015, 04:20:14 pm »

Damn right!

So much so, that I suggest we start an Occupy LuLa movement, organize street protests and do not stop until the disgraced management resigns. After all, they've proven, time and again, they have no clue how to run a successful photo site.

We then proceed to run the site ourselves, managed by a committee (Goldhammer committee? Ironhammer committee? Hammer & Sickle committee?) to ensure PC values are adhered to and an inclusive and safe environment created for all.

Speaking of which, high time for the landscape privilege to end. There are many other minority genres who feel threaten, isolated, abused and neglected, thanks to the landscape brutality.
Real cute!  I'm sure you are one of the favored few that received a freebie based on you Republican ideals and quick quips.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #424 on: December 02, 2015, 04:25:43 pm »

Just to let those know that were waiting . . . PayPal is now active and working for those that want to use PayPal for their membership.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

John Hollenberg

« Reply #425 on: December 02, 2015, 04:26:23 pm »

This is not an acceptable answer... This site is either egalitarian, e.g., everyone pays or it is "let's play favorites."

It is acceptable to me, since I am not harmed in any way by some getting a large gift ($12 worth of access!!!) from the owners of Luminous Landscape.

Full Disclosure: Neither Kevin nor Michael nor any employee, contractor or subcontractor of Luminous Landscape have offered me anything of monetary value in exchange for this comment or any previous activity on Luminous Landscape including but not restricted to forums or main web site.  Also, I reliably vote democrat.

AlterEgo

« Reply #426 on: December 02, 2015, 04:34:00 pm »

Also, I reliably vote democrat.
I even voted communist  ;D

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #427 on: December 02, 2015, 04:46:34 pm »

@Alan - I will tell you this: Yes, there was favouritism...

When we originally thought to include the forum inside the membership system, we wanted to at least say a small thank-you to those who had made substantial and meaningful contributions to this Forum over the years, and make the offer of a year's membership.

When we later changed our minds and decided to keep the forum open, the emails to those contributors had already been sent. Their 'free' membership stands. Would they have been sent that email after we changed our minds? I am not sure.

So, Damned if we did. Damned if we didn't. 8)

Zorki5

• AOLib
« Reply #428 on: December 02, 2015, 04:49:38 pm »

I am not sure whether all support requests are serially numbered buy mine is #17 ................I wonder what number they are up to now???

Mine was #145, successfully resolved about an hour ago.

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #429 on: December 02, 2015, 04:53:43 pm »

When we originally thought to include the forum inside the membership system, we wanted to at least say a small thank-you to those who had made substantial and meaningful contributions to this Forum over the years, and make the offer of a year's membership.

OK, thanks for the candid answer.

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #430 on: December 02, 2015, 05:12:29 pm »

When we later changed our minds and decided to keep the forum open, the emails to those contributors had already been sent. Their 'free' membership stands. Would they have been sent that email after we changed our minds? I am not sure.

I'm glad to discover in this way that I did not provide substantial or meaningful contributions to the forum over the years ;)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #431 on: December 02, 2015, 05:17:53 pm »

Real cute!  I'm sure you are one of the favored few that received a freebie based on you(r) Republican ideals and quick quips.

Even if true, I doubt that would work in my favor, as it looks like all three are leaning left.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #432 on: December 02, 2015, 05:18:51 pm »

QED  :o

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #433 on: December 02, 2015, 05:25:08 pm »

I'm glad to discover in this way that I did not provide substantial or meaningful contributions to the forum over the years ;)
You are not alone, there are probably a lot of us who don't fall into the "meaningful contribution" category!

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
« Reply #434 on: December 02, 2015, 05:50:48 pm »

Mine was #145, successfully resolved about an hour ago.

Looks like mine @ #17 has slipped through the gratings :(

Being GMT I lose track of the time difference but I did email the support desk again a few hours ago and still no update or acknowledgement of activity.............is anyone else waiting for "a result" or update or is it just me  ::)

Or am I being too impatient, either way not the sort of lack of response or clear guidance I was anticipating.  But then perhaps I am surely one who has made little meaningful contribution as others have also declared  ;) ;D  Not shades of 1984..........now thoughts of that take me back as was on my school reading list with the other book a remember most being "To kill a mockingbird" ~ sadly showing my age now  :-[
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 05:55:43 pm by Box Brownie »
A collection of mine here http://500px.c

John Camp

« Reply #435 on: December 02, 2015, 05:56:37 pm »

I got stuck in an odd loop where I couldn't sign on at all today, but some quick help from you guys got me online fairly quickly. I appreciate it.

I do hope all the information involved in the new signup is heavily protected -- you now have my email, address, credit card number with security code -- all required fields -- and everything anybody would need to know to rip me off. This is the smallest site (by far) that I've ever given all of that to, and I have to confess that it worries me a bit.

John Camp

« Reply #436 on: December 02, 2015, 06:00:27 pm »

;D  I considered it! Got ahold of an absolute killer JM earlier this year.

-Dave-

Cool. And I just today pulled the trigger on a Gretsch Brian Setzer Nashville.

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
« Reply #437 on: December 02, 2015, 06:01:10 pm »

I got stuck in an odd loop where I couldn't sign on at all today, but some quick help from you guys got me online fairly quickly. I appreciate it.

I do hope all the information involved in the new signup is heavily protected -- you now have my email, address, credit card number with security code -- all required fields -- and everything anybody would need to know to rip me off. This is the smallest site (by far) that I've ever given all of that to, and I have to confess that it worries me a bit.

That is where PayPal comes into play as an extra layer, at least to protect your money aspect.
A collection of mine here http://500px.c

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #438 on: December 02, 2015, 06:02:18 pm »

Just to re-state and emphasize: We do not store credit card information - All of that is done by Stripe - a heavily secured third-party Credit Card service

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #439 on: December 02, 2015, 06:03:25 pm »

Looks like mine @ #17 has slipped through the gratings :(

Being GMT I lose track of the time difference but I did email the support desk again a few hours ago and still no update or acknowledgement of activity.............is anyone else waiting for "a result" or update or is it just me  ::)

Or am I being too impatient, either way not the sort of lack of response or clear guidance I was anticipating.  But then perhaps I am surely one who has made little meaningful contribution as others have also declared  ;) ;D  Not shades of 1984..........now thoughts of that take me back as was on my school reading list with the other book a remember most being "To kill a mockingbird" ~ sadly showing my age now  :-[

I have nudged the developers...
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26   Go Up