Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: A New Change For Luminous-Landscape  (Read 145269 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: A New Change For Luminous-Landscape
« Reply #400 on: December 02, 2015, 12:05:22 pm »

I think LuLa's team is handling initial glitches with better and faster responsiveness than Obama's administration did when launching their healthcare website ;)

Rob C

« Reply #401 on: December 02, 2015, 12:31:11 pm »

I'm one of those existing senior Forum members with accounts that has been given a year's membership.

Logged in with my email, done.

Thanks.

Ditto.

Rob

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #402 on: December 02, 2015, 12:34:25 pm »

I think LuLa's team is handling initial glitches with better and faster responsiveness than Obama's administration did when launching their healthcare website ;)
I must agree.
I think it may even be faster than Adobe's fixing of glitches in LR and PS.   ;)

And to James/Bcooter: As an amateur I have seldom commented in the sections for pros, because I didn't think I had anything useful to tell the pros. But I must say that I have found your contributions over the years to be very valuable to me, and I have greatly appreciated the willingness of the pros on LuLa to share information about how they make their shots. You folks set a high standard for the rest of us, and not the least for the fact that you all seem to enjoy what you are doing, just as we "amateurs" are supposed to.

I do hope the LL geek squad will be able to straighten out all of the sign-in glitches within the next very few days. But if they are not, I am willing to shell out $12 to cover your, Bcooter's, membership if you are willing to keep your posts here.

-Eric M.

P.S. Yes, I got the one year freebie email, too, and I'm still willing to shell out my $12 for Bcooter.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
« Reply #403 on: December 02, 2015, 02:13:36 pm »

My experience so far is that I am still awaiting support to get in touch with specific recommendations and that has been a couple of days since they replied thanking me for the report. :-\

PS one thing I have noticed is that the login page looks identical for both forum login and the home page login..........I would have thought they should be different to distinguish them???
A collection of mine here http://500px.c

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #404 on: December 02, 2015, 02:17:24 pm »

My experience so far is that I am still awaiting support to get in touch with specific recommendations and that has been a couple of days since they replied thanking me for the report. :-\

PS one thing I have noticed is that the login page looks identical for both forum login and the home page login..........I would have thought they should be different to distinguish them???
Try emailing again. I do not see any from you addressed to Customer Service.

There is really only one login now since forum/membership/video are now blended - for most (other than duplicate accounts)

Telecaster

« Reply #405 on: December 02, 2015, 02:39:53 pm »

Good deal.  Just in time. I was gonna suggest that you'd have to re-up with the username "Jazzmaster" :)

;D  I considered it! Got ahold of an absolute killer JM earlier this year.

-Dave-

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #406 on: December 02, 2015, 02:45:51 pm »

Not yet clear to me what my status is but today  I added a reply in the printers forum after logging in with my email + password where normally I could enter with my user's name + password. As soon as PayPal works I will contribute though my main interest has always been some forums where the content is created by forum members.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
December 2014 update, 700+ inkjet media white spectral plots

David Mantripp

• :: snowhenge dot net ::
« Reply #407 on: December 02, 2015, 02:48:32 pm »

Could you maybe split off the forum into a "A" Forum and a "B" Forum, with all the highly valued important professional contributors safely guarded within a sound-proofed velvet-roped perimeter, and the rest of us dregs, incompetents and general losers to innocently get on with it and enjoy not being shouted at ?

8)

--
David Mantripp

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
« Reply #408 on: December 02, 2015, 02:54:32 pm »

Try emailing again. I do not see any from you addressed to Customer Service.

There is really only one login now since forum/membership/video are now blended - for most (other than duplicate accounts)

Hi Chris

I did reply (before posting) to the support reply to me asking for an update.  I am not sure whether all support requests are serially numbered buy mine is #17 ................I wonder what number they are up to now???

In the absence of their specific guidance is my best course of action just to do a reset password?  I have been concerned about doing so in case it fails and then I am frozen out on all devices!

Telecaster

« Reply #409 on: December 02, 2015, 02:55:16 pm »

Besides, at least once I listened to Michael, even though he was in disagreement with popular opinion, and bought 70-300 DO (that was being heavily trashed for "dreamy look" and other crimes against humanity). Which I was then able to take with my on great many trips, whereas a bigger lens would stay at home... So, Michael, if you are reading this, thanks again.

Hehe. When I sold most of my Canon stuff in mid-2006 the DO was one of two EF lenses I kept. Now that the Metabones Canon-to-Sony adapters are maturing I'll likely get one and put the DO back in play. The reason I kept it: after getting a 5D in 2005 I found the DO to be soft along the left edge & so sent it to Canon for repair/recalibration. They did a terrific job, which persuaded me to hang onto the lens.

-Dave-

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #410 on: December 02, 2015, 03:17:23 pm »

December 1-2: Existing senior Forum members with accounts that have been given a year's membership suffer login problems and the confusion of duplicate accounts. Developers are sorting this out on a case-by-case basis.
Chris

P.S. Michael says Hi from Ethiopia where he is taking enviably compelling photographs
I gather by this statement that some senior members were "gifted" a year's membership, correct?  I think this is the first that I've seen this statement (correct me if I'm wrong).  What was the criteria here?  Number of posts?  If so, that's problematic as there are some who have posted a lot of dross.

Alan

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #411 on: December 02, 2015, 03:19:57 pm »

I guess that is for us to know and others to speculate about.  :)

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
« Reply #412 on: December 02, 2015, 03:25:20 pm »

I surmise there was also a cut off date for those like myself who bought videos when it was downloads only but stopped once Purple came in.

As noted above by Bcooter, $12 will not be an impact on the pocket especially for the improved offerings :)

Telecaster

« Reply #413 on: December 02, 2015, 03:27:22 pm »

As a now-retired jack of many trades, one of which involved database design & interface programming, my main observation re. the LuLa signup procedure is: beware of stonewalling your users. Instead offer them ways to proceed.

In this case the new database (or new tables in an existing database) should be keyed to the username field in the forum database as well as the e-mail address. So when I tried signing up for the new membership as Telecaster, rather than telling me "Sorry, dude, you've made a mistake" I should've seen something like: "Please sign up using your e-mail address as your username. You will still be recognized as Telecaster in the forum."

-Dave-

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #414 on: December 02, 2015, 03:28:14 pm »

I surmise there was also a cut off date for those like myself who bought videos when it was downloads only but stopped once Purple came in...

Yes - purchases one year from the start of membership.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #415 on: December 02, 2015, 03:29:55 pm »

As a now-retired jack of many trades, one of which involved database design & interface programming, my main observation re. the LuLa signup procedure is: beware of stonewalling your users. Instead offer them ways to proceed.

In this case the new database (or new tables in an existing database) should be keyed to the username field in the forum database as well as the e-mail address. So when I tried signing up for the new membership as Telecaster, rather than telling me "Sorry, dude, you've made a mistake" I should've seen something like: "Please sign up using your e-mail address as your username. You will still be recognized as Telecaster in the forum."

-Dave-
I believe that would have been complicated by differing types of users; too many IF - THENs

AlterEgo

« Reply #416 on: December 02, 2015, 03:30:01 pm »

Number of posts?

that I doubt : for example I can see that I have "Posts: 1493" + this one...  less than you.

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #417 on: December 02, 2015, 03:59:42 pm »

This is not an acceptable answer.  I've purchased three of the video tutorials over the course of the last several years and the fact that some have been "gifted" memberships because of some unknown criteria is just ludicrous.  I did pay for a year's membership yesterday but I might not have had I known there was some favoritism with "freebies."  This site is either egalitarian, e.g., everyone pays or it is "let's play favorites."

Alan

Manoli

« Reply #418 on: December 02, 2015, 04:00:22 pm »

I gather by this statement that some senior members were "gifted" a year's membership, correct?  I think this is the first that I've seen this statement (correct me if I'm wrong).  What was the criteria here?  Number of posts?  If so, that's problematic as there are some who have posted a lot of dross.

Problematic ? Why?

I've lost count of the number of times I've been to a restaurant, and when the check (aka bill) comes, been told 'the coffees are on us' – or similar.

It's not a free-for-all, just a token of appreciation.
Does it influence my choice of restaurant ? No.
Is it a charitable gesture on the part of the owner ? Yes.

And, no, it's none of my friggin' business how the owners choose to express a goodwill gesture.

So instead of cheapskating, I'd rather contribute come-what-may – if for no other reason that I've been freeloading for long enough.
YMMV.

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #419 on: December 02, 2015, 04:01:57 pm »

that I doubt : for example I can see that I have "Posts: 1493" + this one...  less than you.
Were you gifted a year's free membership?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26   Go Up