Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom CC 2015.1 / 6.1 / Lightroom mobile iOS 1.5 Released  (Read 32199 times)

RikkFlohr

• Adobe, Inc. - Photography Products
    • Rikk Flohr's Website

LR CC and 6.1
Camera Support
Lens Profiles
Bug Fixes

New Features in CC Version as well: Dehaze - Blacks and Whites Sliders in Local Adjustments

iOS Lightroom Mobile
Tone Curve
Vignettes
HSL/BW

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2015/06/june-updates-to-cc-photography.html
Rikk Flohr
Quality Engineer Customer Advocate - Photography Products
Adobe

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Re: Lightroom CC 2015.1 / 6.1 / Lightroom mobile iOS 1.5 Released
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 03:37:26 am »

New Features in CC Version as well: Dehaze - Blacks and Whites Sliders in Local Adjustments
So less than a couple of months after 6 was released they add significant new features, some requested for years, into the CC only version. It's pretty clear where the perpetual licence holders stand now :-(

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 04:00:58 am »

It's pretty clear where the perpetual licence holders stand now :-(

Yeah, right where they stood in prior versions, no new features between major releases. So, what's new? Nothing...

alfin

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 05:03:17 am »

However, they should have put the new haze function on the Basic panel instead of the Effects panel. It is more like Clarity.
Lars Mollerstrom

Mista Molla

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 06:06:29 am »

Actually, they have addressed one thing a hell of a lot of Fuji users were waiting for :

-Reduced “color blur” artifacts when processing Fujifilm X-Trans raw images. In collaboration with Fujifilm, we are still investigating methods to improve fine detail rendering and overall edge definition.

So they seemed to have been working on better X-Trans processing, which was very overdue.

I hope this reduces the need to pre-process them in Capture One.

Will test it out tonight

Simon Garrett

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 06:28:21 am »

So less than a couple of months after 6 was released they add significant new features, some requested for years, into the CC only version. It's pretty clear where the perpetual licence holders stand now :-(
Yeah, right where they stood in prior versions, no new features between major releases. So, what's new? Nothing...

Quite.  Adobe said that CC will get incremental improvements more frequently than the 12-24 month update cycle of major releases with stand-alone software. 

It's just one of their little ways of nudging people towards CC, while keeping to their stated intention to continue Lightroom as a stand-alone product. 

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 06:32:05 am »

iOS Lightroom Mobile
Tone Curve
Vignettes
HSL/BW

One other important addition - Video

hjulenissen

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 06:47:40 am »

I don't think that is entirely accurate?
http://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-5-2-rc/
The first dot releases have historically had a few little extra features, and 5.2 is no exception:
*A Smoothness adjustment slider...
*Refinements to the Spot Healing Tool...

This is Adobe doing just as they have told us. For the time being, I can live with my "outdated" 6.x.

-h

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 06:56:41 am »

This is Adobe doing just as they have told us. For the time being, I can live with my "outdated" 6.x.
+1, I think it's logical that if you pay more you will get more. No regrets from me getting the perpetual license so far.
pieter, aka pegelli

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 07:08:41 am »

Actually, they have addressed one thing a hell of a lot of Fuji users were waiting for :

So they seemed to have been working on better X-Trans processing, which was very overdue.

I hope this reduces the need to pre-process them in Capture One.

Does this only apply to the CC version? It sounds like a camera support issue that should also be in the perpetual licensed LR6 updates?

Cheers,
Bart

P.S. I just read in another thread that it is an update to Camera Raw 9.1, so it should become available through the update mechanism in Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CC., and presumably Lightroom CC (and LR6?).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 07:25:01 am by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 07:09:02 am »

And once more a big kudos to the ACR team giving us dehaze and blacks and whites in local adjustments. I have also noticed on my MacBook Pro mid-2015 15" with the new AMD graphics card that although it was supported in the previous LR CC version that now the srolling around in the zoomed 1:1 image looking for spots and/or things to remove it much smoother. One finger on the magic mouse moves the view around the image smoothly. Great! I see that the rest of enhancements from the Lightroom team are on the mobile side. Fine but not something I can get really enthusiastic about.

LawrenceBraunstein

• My SmugMug Galeries
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 07:54:02 am »

I have a perpetual license version of Lightroom 6.0.  For the life of me, I can’t find a link where the updated version 6.1 is being offered.  Via Lightroom (Help/Updates), the Adobe Application Manager did quickly find, upload and install an update for Camera Raw 9.1 (CS6) but claims my LR 6.0 is up-to-date. What gives? Could someone here offer me a link where I can download the new LR 6.1 update (standalone version)?

Many thanks!

Larry

philaitman

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 08:10:33 am »

Colour me impressed. So far The Develop module seems more responsive, the De-Haze seems genuinely good and the Black and white point local adjustment settings are a great addition to my workflow.
I did a mono conversion using Nik Silver FX last night and I've got damn near using Lightroom only within 10 minutes of playing with the new features. Nice one. Glad I decided to subscribe this time.

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 08:40:54 am »

I have a perpetual license version of Lightroom 6.0.  For the life of me, I can’t find a link where the updated version 6.1 is being offered.  Via Lightroom (Help/Updates), the Adobe Application Manager did quickly find, upload and install an update for Camera Raw 9.1 (CS6) but claims my LR 6.0 is up-to-date. What gives? Could someone here offer me a link where I can download the new LR 6.1 update (standalone version)?

Many thanks!

Larry
Mine came up via Lightroom/Help/Updates.... without any problems  ???

I looked for a straight LR 6.1 download (see it as a back-up strategy in case I need to load it on a new computer and don't want to install 6.0 first before upgrading to the latest version) but couldn't find one.
pieter, aka pegelli

chez

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 09:06:19 am »

Exactly where they should stand. It was clear that the cc version would get incremental updates where as the perpetual version would have to wait until the next full release. I think rather than the glass is half empty, I think it's great news for cc users. You have a choice...live with the choice you made.

chez

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 09:10:25 am »

And once more a big kudos to the ACR team giving us dehaze and blacks and whites in local adjustments. I have also noticed on my MacBook Pro mid-2015 15" with the new AMD graphics card that although it was supported in the previous LR CC version that now the srolling around in the zoomed 1:1 image looking for spots and/or things to remove it much smoother. One finger on the magic mouse moves the view around the image smoothly. Great! I see that the rest of enhancements from the Lightroom team are on the mobile side. Fine but not something I can get really enthusiastic about.

Hans...why is it that you care so much which individual programmers provide the features? Why can you not be happy Adobe as a whole is moving their products along? I personally don't give a rats azz whole writes the code. I think it is well architected code which allows features to be developed once and shared between multiple products.

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2015, 09:29:12 am »

Does this only apply to the CC version? It sounds like a camera support issue that should also be in the perpetual licensed LR6 updates?

The X-Trans color-blur problem was considered a bug and the fix is included in the LR 6.1 release.

I guess you could argue that some future improvement in "fine detail rendering and overall edge definition" of Fujifilm files would be either a new feature (available to subscribers only) or a bug fix (to be incorporated in a LR 6.X release).

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 09:36:56 am »

Exactly where they should stand. It was clear that the cc version would get incremental updates where as the perpetual version would have to wait until the next full release. I think rather than the glass is half empty, I think it's great news for cc users. You have a choice...live with the choice you made.
Well said! But it was clear to some of us that when CC was released with new features but only bug fixes and camera support for perpetual, some would scream bloody murder even though this was discussed and outlined months ago. You're spot on, it was clear that the CC version would get updates and as the perpetual version would have to wait until the next full release. But no matter how often it's said, some don't get it and need a reason to complain and can't live with the choice they made.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2015, 09:54:14 am »

Hans -- This is completely off topic, but the next time you're looking for spots try pressing the PageDown key (Fn+Down Arrow on the Mac). It's especially interesting when you get to the bottom of the image :-)

philaitman

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2015, 09:59:22 am »

Hans -- This is completely off topic, but the next time you're looking for spots try pressing the PageDown key (Fn+Down Arrow on the Mac). It's especially interesting when you get to the bottom of the image :-)

Well I didn't know that shortcut so thanks for sharing :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up