Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about money: Upgrade prices, value depreciation, promotions for P1  (Read 124712 times)

ciccio

Re: Let's talk about money: Upgrade prices, value depreciation, promotions for P1
« Reply #220 on: September 03, 2015, 10:04:40 am »

Hasselblad has announced a bundle offer and trade-in deal for its H5D-50c camera.
hasselblad h5 cmos offer  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Bundle Offer:

Pay £16,295 (or £16,995 for Wi-Fi) and get the HCD 28mm lens and the HC 80mm f/2.8 lens for free.

Trade-in offer:

Trade-in from a medium format camera to an H5D-50c (also incl Wi-Fi version) and receive £1,100 discount on any one Hasselblad lens of your choice OR £2,300 discount on any two Hasselblad lenses of your choice.

The offer is valid until 31 December and cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or promotions. It's available through your local Hasselblad dealer.

ciccio

Re: Let's talk about money: Upgrade prices, value depreciation, promotions for P1
« Reply #221 on: September 04, 2015, 12:58:45 pm »

hello,
today i tried the new body by phase....
too heavy no chance to sell , totaly anti ergonomic , use one full day to work ,you won t be able to hold it after 3 hours...
non sense, only workable on a tripod !!!
is a dinosaur , chery on the top if you are in love with,
 you will have to wait 2/3 month because they have slow production ???
best.

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #222 on: September 04, 2015, 01:06:12 pm »

You're trying too hard now.
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

DucatiTerminator

« Reply #223 on: September 04, 2015, 04:12:11 pm »

hello,
too heavy no chance to sell , totaly anti ergonomic , use one full day to work ,you won t be able to hold it after 3 hours...
best.

If you spent the time you use bashing Phase One working out in the gym instead, you might stop your whining. Try it, you'll be able to shoot handheld longer and steadier. And chicks dig it.
La gallina vecchia fa buon brodo

sgilbert

« Reply #224 on: September 04, 2015, 06:37:50 pm »

Ciccio,

Thanks for the review of the new Phase One camera.  It's good to hear such a thoughtful and unbiased take on it. 

Steve

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #225 on: September 04, 2015, 08:04:46 pm »

hello,
best.

Ciccio,

I would say your review is a nice counterpoint to Doug's informercials, more concise and at least as informative :)

I too couldn't handhold this huge thing for more than a few minutes, I'm not weak, but I'm old. Unfortunately this is also true of most of the MF gear, which seems to be designed for staff photographers of the French Foreign Legion, rather than for the Alpini :)

However, it may be time to move on to more entertaining topics like the new Leica which at least looks like a more usable camera.

Edmund

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 08:11:14 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

narikin

« Reply #226 on: September 07, 2015, 03:32:43 pm »

Their other concern is the two month delay on delivering IQ3 80's. Order one now, and you won't get it until the new year.

Very odd. I'd never buy an IQ3 /80 when there are a lot of IQ180 with the same 80mp sensor around, for around $12-15,000.
You get all the good bits - 80mp Dalsa, same screen, USB3 or Firewire tethering, etc, and just miss out on rather dubious 'extras' like iPad reviewing, (tether to a Surface Pro 3 instead, much better!) really l-o-n-g exposures - ok that may matter to a rare few who need long exposure and 80mp rather than 60mp - and easier power on/off. Are these worth $20,000 over an IQ180?!

If you are desperate for 80mp, get the older versions, and save your pennies for the next real sensor upgrade, whenever that is.

Well, that's imho, at least!

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #227 on: September 07, 2015, 04:32:51 pm »

Very odd. I'd never buy an IQ3 /80 when there are a lot of IQ180 with the same 80mp sensor around, for around $12-15,000.
You get all the good bits - 80mp Dalsa, same screen, USB3 or Firewire tethering, etc, and just miss out on rather dubious 'extras' like iPad reviewing, (tether to a Surface Pro 3 instead, much better!) really l-o-n-g exposures - ok that may matter to a rare few who need long exposure and 80mp rather than 60mp - and easier power on/off. Are these worth $20,000 over an IQ180?!

Differences between IQ3 from a dealer and a private-sale used IQ1:
- Wifi editing, camera control, and review
- Exposure Clipping indicator (different than exposure warning)
- Exposure Heat Map (for zone system style exposure evaluation)
- Sensor Temperature Chart
- Five year warranty
- Loaner during any repair
- Training, Service, and Support from the dealer
- Long exposures up to one hour (rather than 2 minutes)
- Longer battery life when used on XF (due to ability to share the XF power)
- Ability to hot swap batteries without having the camera or back turn off

Whether these are worth the increased price is for each person to decide. I'm just making sure the list of pros is as complete as the cons (increased price).

Most of these are also available with an IQ2 making the + an option worth considering.

Jeffery Salter

• Loving life one frame at a time.
    • Jeffery Salter
« Reply #228 on: September 07, 2015, 10:44:47 pm »

For those of you who are really interested in the Phase One XF camera (used with an IQ260) here are few brief post shoot notes.

I recently completed a shoot in Arizona where the temp reached over 100 degrees.  I am 5'9 and weight about 155 pounds.  My glove size is medium.  I prefer to use the rear auto focus button with my right thumb and fire the shutter release with the  front grip button with my index finger.  The XF has a small dial near the rear focus button which I use to change the ISO on the fly.  I tend to shoot at ISO 50 to ISO 200.  No problems with ergonomics with me.

My shoot started at 5:30 a.m we wrapped by 11:30.  The assignment was to photograph a golfer.  I shot over 800 frames.  No problem with handholding the camera through out the duration of  shoot.  Off the top of my head my favorites features so far are:

Integrated profoto flash sync. -  I was able to put subject in a bit of shade -- set camera shutter speed on 1/1600 and LS lens at f4.5.  The profoto strobe was set to give a kiss of light.  Perfect.  No misfires.

The camera battery and digital back each use the same type of battery.  I travel with eight of the new 3400 batteries.  Its very convenient  not to sort through different chargers while on the road.

The auto-focus is very snappy.   It has a very bright focus assist light. I was very pleased with the sharpness of the take.  My only issue was with the  Lee Wide angle lens hood slightly blocking the beam.  So I switched to the Normal lee hood (w/ the 80 and 110mm)  

If anyone has any specific field use questions for the XF please ask.  Glad to give a working report.

P.S. I would like to thank Michael for this wonderful forum.  I have met some very positive, creative and outstanding people who just happen to be photographers on this site.  While I was shooting in Arizona I got a chance to hang with Don Libby, a top notch landscape photographer.  Check out his excellent field use blog on the XF.

http://www.ironcreekphotographyblog.com/2015/08/phase-one-xf.html

P.S.S.  I traded in my old DF+ and upgraded to the XF.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 10:57:00 pm by Jeffery Salter »
Warmest regards,
Jeffery Salter
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jeffery Salter
Miami, Fl. U.S.A.
photos:  www.jefferysalter.com
Blog: http://blog.jefferysalter.com/
Instagram: @jefferysalter

Esben

• captureforce.com
« Reply #229 on: September 07, 2015, 11:03:59 pm »

- Five year warranty
- Loaner during any repair

Hey Doug
I thought the 5 year warranty and the loaner program followed the camera and not the buyer?

Esben
Digital Tech NYC // LA
Captureforce

aztwang

« Reply #230 on: September 08, 2015, 02:08:10 am »

Hasselblad has announced a bundle offer and trade-in deal for its H5D-50c camera.
hasselblad h5 cmos offer  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Bundle Offer:

Pay £16,295 (or £16,995 for Wi-Fi) and get the HCD 28mm lens and the HC 80mm f/2.8 lens for free.

Trade-in offer:

Trade-in from a medium format camera to an H5D-50c (also incl Wi-Fi version) and receive £1,100 discount on any one Hasselblad lens of your choice OR £2,300 discount on any two Hasselblad lenses of your choice.

The offer is valid until 31 December and cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or promotions. It's available through your local Hasselblad dealer.

Ciccio....I'm sure the new Hassy weighs in at a ton also so why waste your key strokes. Maybe just pick up a point & shoot or an M9 and move on. Seriously are ya'll really bothered by weight??? If it doesn't work for you move on and find something that does work and stop bad mouthing gear that isn't perfect to your liking....I finally understand the meaning behind trollers. BTW thank you Jeffery Salter for your review.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 02:10:10 am by aztwang »

ciccio

« Reply #231 on: September 08, 2015, 02:40:38 am »

nice response from the sales team...
good advertorial. ;D ;D ;D

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #232 on: September 08, 2015, 03:13:20 am »

Thank you Jeffrey for that hands on report. It is refreshing to see posts from people who actually use these things, as rare as they are in this forum.

The troll has been reported to the mods. Maybe they will do something about it. Not getting my hopes up.

Ciccio....I'm sure the new Hassy weighs in at a ton also so why waste your key strokes. Maybe just pick up a point & shoot or an M9 and move on. Seriously are ya'll really bothered by weight??? If it doesn't work for you move on and find something that does work and stop bad mouthing gear that isn't perfect to your liking....

His paymasters won't like that.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 03:33:55 am by synn »

ciccio

« Reply #233 on: September 08, 2015, 05:55:26 am »

proud to be a troll  ;D ;D ;D
and owner of p 45 + and iq 180
sorry trolls.....

landscapephoto

« Reply #234 on: September 08, 2015, 01:30:58 pm »

I'm sure the new Hassy weighs in at a ton also so why waste your key strokes.

The XF with prism and back but no lens weights 2085g (not sure if the batteries are included in that weight).
The H5D with battery, prism and back without lens weights 1815g.

The Phase camera is indeed a bit heavier, but that is not really significant.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #235 on: September 08, 2015, 01:46:56 pm »

proud to be a troll  ;D ;D ;D
sorry trolls.....

Ciccio,

Luckily, most members of this forum are above average in artistic ability, intelligence and courtesy. This allows us to make allowance for the others :)
 I think the Phase XF system is a robust high-performance photographic tool for institutions and people with large budgets, marketed through a high-margin dealer program. The price reflects the need for well-connected intermediaries and the patience which is necessary to deal with institutional buyers, who need persuasion and handholding, and a sense of professional exclusivity.  It is a system which marketing strategy has positioned as high above all others as a Rolls Royce corporate limousine  towers over mere personal transportation like Ferraris. We should not compare it on price, ergonomics, features or lens quality with cheap and common tools like the Leica S series, Pentax or Hasselblad whose price is a mere fraction of the Phase, as these inferior products are intended to be bought or used by "normal" individuals.

Edmund
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 04:04:03 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

AreBee

« Reply #236 on: September 08, 2015, 02:10:26 pm »

ciccio

proud to be a troll  ;D ;D ;D
sorry trolls...

Apparently you have forgotten that you also own an IQ160

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #237 on: September 08, 2015, 02:12:27 pm »

ciccio

Apparently you have forgotten that you also own an IQ160

Lol, busted.

Ken R

« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2015, 10:44:45 pm »

Lol, busted.

Yea, if you are gonna troll at least troll right jajajaja. Busted indeed.

DucatiTerminator

« Reply #239 on: September 09, 2015, 11:31:38 am »

Ciccio,

Luckily, most members of this forum are above average in artistic ability, intelligence and courtesy. This allows us to make allowance for the others :)
 I think the Phase XF system is a robust high-performance photographic tool for institutions and people with large budgets, marketed through a high-margin dealer program. The price reflects the need for well-connected intermediaries and the patience which is necessary to deal with institutional buyers, who need persuasion and handholding, and a sense of professional exclusivity.  It is a system which marketing strategy has positioned as high above all others as a Rolls Royce corporate limousine  towers over mere personal transportation like Ferraris. We should not compare it on price, ergonomics, features or lens quality with cheap and common tools like the Leica S series, Pentax or Hasselblad whose price is a mere fraction of the Phase, as these inferior products are intended to be bought or used by "normal" individuals.

Edmund

Oh Putain! I'm buying one for the wrong reasons. :(

I'm actually buying one and convincing all of my well-heeled friends to buy them too to make sure that Phase stays in business as long as possible. Heaven forbid anything happen to them -- what else would you and ciccio have left to talk about?  ::)
La gallina vecchia fa buon brodo
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up