Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about money: Upgrade prices, value depreciation, promotions for P1  (Read 124697 times)

landscapephoto

Some said even the expensive Hassy lenses don't resolve very well above 50MP

Hasselblad has a camera capable to output 200 megapixels shots on offer (using multiple exposures). Same lenses.

However I do wonder why the HCD lenses are not capable of producing full frame image?

They have been designed for the slightly smaller Kodak CCDs of the time. It is not a real problem though, it is only 3 lenses and even then they may be used on the larger sensor, the extreme corners will just be a bit less sharp. In practice, by lens:
-the HCD 24 mm may be suffering the most, but 24mm is extremely wide and I think that most people buy that lens to use on the HTS and then it is not a problem
-the HCD 28mm loses a bit in the very extreme corners, but not that much
-the HCD 35-90 covers the full sensor at 40mm and above.
(This is only hearsay, as I have a Kodak sensor on my camera.)

But since you said you are interested in portraits, the HCD lenses are of no interest to you anyway...

I know there are a lot of used glasses around but how does number of clicks affect lens performance? How many shots before a LS lens becomes useless?

The leaf shutter on H lenses is rated at 100K exposures. It can be exchanged by Hasselblad for a fixed price listed on their web site if it fails.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 05:25:30 am by landscapephoto »

FelixWu

Thanks for your clarification. I also do many ultrawide shots(at 16mm 35eqv) for some of my Prewedding work so I am quite interested in wide angle as well. I had a play at the local dealer and found the 35-90HCD super heavy. What would be the best full frame wide angle lens in Hassy's lineup?

Regarding multishot function, isn't it relying on sensor shift technology or whatever it's called to achieve 200MP files? It's like stitching so it's not a reflection on the lens resolving power as I understand.

Sorry for asking so many questions but there's a huge learning curve even before owning a camera! ;)

FelixWu

hmmm, has this thread been derailed by a carefully placed "newbie"?

not quite. I am just really new. Lol

landscapephoto

Thanks for your clarification. I also do many ultrawide shots(at 16mm 35eqv) for some of my Prewedding work so I am quite interested in wide angle as well. I had a play at the local dealer and found the 35-90HCD super heavy. What would be the best full frame wide angle lens in Hassy's lineup?

I would use the 28mm, which is not quite full frame but is easy to find used, is not too heavy and is quite good. I would also not buy a "full frame" camera in the H line up (which is only the 60 mpix camera), but an older 39 or 50 mpix CCD. They are a lot cheaper used, so you can try and resell them without losing too much money. The sensor is almost as big as full frame (bigger than the CMOS sensors). Their main disadvantage for wedding work is that they should be used between iso 50 - iso 200 for best results.

Regarding multishot function, isn't it relying on sensor shift technology or whatever it's called to achieve 200MP files? It's like stitching so it's not a reflection on the lens resolving power as I understand.

It is not like stitching. Stitching moves the lens, so that you get the same field of view times the amount of stitches. Multishot moves the sensor behind the lens, so emulates the sampling of a finer sensor behind the same lens.

FelixWu

Thanks. Have you compared between h2,h4 and h5 bodies? Is the H2 focusing okay?

landscapephoto

Thanks. Have you compared between h2,h4 and h5 bodies? Is the H2 focusing okay?

I have compared the H1 and H4 bodies. The H1 was OK, but the H4 was more accurate. On a portrait, for example, the H1 sometimes missed focus by about 1/2cm (e.g. just in front of the eye instead of spot on the pupil), while the H4 was more consistent. However, the H1 was old and well used, so it may simply have been in need of calibration.

Chris Livsey

My H1 is spot on focus, it was serviced within the last 12 months with a software update which may have an effect as well. I find you do need to precisely align the focus spot, it is very sensitive, and as usual the focus screen position indication may not be exact, so testing is required.

NickT

I would use the 28mm, which is not quite full frame but is easy to find used, is not too heavy and is quite good.

I'm going to correct you if I may and say that the 28mm is *very* good although I am using it on a cropped chip (H4D40) so I may be missing soft edges.

landscapephoto

I'm going to correct you if I may and say that the 28mm is *very* good although I am using it on a cropped chip (H4D40) so I may be missing soft edges.

I'm using it on a x1.1 chip (H4D-50) and I did not notice soft edges either.

ciccio

and now all the prices for used digital back will go downnnnnnnnn !

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram

and now all the prices for used digital back will go downnnnnnnnn !

This month is Sony A7RII and Canon 5Ds month. Watch the buy/sell forum :)

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto

Hi,

Prices going down is good for buyers and less good for sellers. I would say that MFD getting more affordable is in general a good thing.

Something like the P45+ back I have and a bunch of old Zeiss glass can take some really nice images. On the other hand anyone can make great pictures with almost any decent camera. Also, the camera in your hands will always make a better image than the camera in your dreams. Especially if you put that thing on a tripod...

Best regards
Erik

This month is Sony A7RII and Canon 5Ds month. Watch the buy/sell forum :)

Edmund
Erik Kaffehr

ejmcompany

Erik,

Is the second shot down in Valbruna???

ciccio

Re: Let's talk about money: Upgrade prices, value depreciation, promotions for P1
« Reply #213 on: September 01, 2015, 08:49:24 am »

and now phase one will anounce a lower prices.... stay tuned ! :D
best.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Let's talk about money: Upgrade prices, value depreciation, promotions for P1
« Reply #214 on: September 01, 2015, 10:14:29 am »

and now phase one will anounce a lower prices.... stay tuned ! :D
best.

No offense, but you have not been batting close to 100 recently on your rumors.  Remember the 100Mp CMOS just around the corner that someone on this site was testing from Hasselblad?  Where did that go? 

Personally I will be surprised if Phase One lowers their prices on anything.  Maybe the Chinese Stock Market crash has taken away some of the far east business, but overall Phase seems to be able to hold on where they are.  December tends to be the time when they make a price adjustment.

Right now it seems Phase One's concern is making enough of the XF bodies for the large number of customers that have pre-ordered them/sans a new back. 

However I guess anything is possible.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

gerald.d

« Reply #215 on: September 01, 2015, 11:46:25 am »

No offense, but you have not been batting close to 100 recently on your rumors.  Remember the 100Mp CMOS just around the corner that someone on this site was testing from Hasselblad?  Where did that go? 

Personally I will be surprised if Phase One lowers their prices on anything.  Maybe the Chinese Stock Market crash has taken away some of the far east business, but overall Phase seems to be able to hold on where they are.  December tends to be the time when they make a price adjustment.

Right now it seems Phase One's concern is making enough of the XF bodies for the large number of customers that have pre-ordered them/sans a new back. 

Paul

Their other concern is the two month delay on delivering IQ3 80's. Order one now, and you won't get it until the new year.

ciccio

« Reply #216 on: September 01, 2015, 12:39:49 pm »

let s bet !
just today annoucement after leica s ,
hasselblad worldwide new prices bundle
h5d 50c cmos back and free 2 lenses....only 20900 euros...
so the war just begun..........
best.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #217 on: September 01, 2015, 02:06:11 pm »

Hi,

I guess that the high price is a part of Phase One's business approach. Essentially, if you lower prices you need to sell more. That means investment in production capability, employing new people.

Having a small market at a high price is a perfectly good business model.

Best regards
Erik

Paul

Erik Kaffehr

ciccio

« Reply #218 on: September 01, 2015, 05:05:48 pm »

i don t think the future volume will be enough to go with their actual business model , if they don t get bigger they will decrease.
best.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #219 on: September 02, 2015, 12:35:58 am »

i don t think the future volume will be enough to go with their actual business model , if they don t get bigger they will decrease.
best.

My feeling is they will become an institutional supplier. High list prices are an asset in certain environments where money flows from donor to supplier while passing through the hands of a signatory :)

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up