Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New Phase One XF?  (Read 14169 times)

amsp

Re: New Phase One XF?
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2015, 05:50:36 pm »

amsp, what pictures are you looking at? There are very clearly dials on the grip, just look at the pictures.. one above the shutter button and it looks like one on the back along with a button for use with the thumb.

DEDICATED dials and buttons, I can't believe I have to do this but here's an illustration for you...

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 05:53:57 pm »

I've got an idea - lets give it a break until the official announcement tomorrow with all the gory details before we all run off the ledge? Can we at least wait until we get all the facts?

This shit is getting very old and tiring-every time a new camera is released/announced people act like the sky is falling.  Maybe this should become a new Olympic sport...

mjrichardson

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 05:55:51 pm »

Ha, you are such drama queen amsp, you would rather have 2 dials on top than have a dial front and back, luckily you have the option of the contax body.

amsp

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 06:08:16 pm »

Ha, you are such drama queen amsp, you would rather have 2 dials on top than have a dial front and back, luckily you have the option of the contax body.

Not sure how having a personal preference turned me into a "drama queen", but I guess it's better than having the reading comprehension skills of a 5 year old.

mjrichardson

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2015, 06:16:08 pm »

It's not your personal preference, it's just your responses, they are very entertaining! Thanks for brightening my evening.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2015, 07:12:48 pm »

Can someone buy the kids a coke and some popcorn to keep them busy until the show starts?

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

BJL

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2015, 07:15:36 pm »

What is it you don't understand? You can either directly use the touch screen or use the buttons to interact, when for example you are using gloves. It's the same way the IQ backs work today. But you can't use the buttons without looking at the screen to navigate the interface, that makes no sense.
My apologies for the misunderstanding; from your original comment that you "would have preferred analog knobs and buttons for the basic stuff instead of a touch screen" [with no mention then of wanting them to be "dedicated buttons"] and from your follow up, I concluded that you were complaining about being forced to use touch interaction, not merely about the display on the LCD of the results of twiddling knobs and pressing buttons. I was also at first puzzled by your comment that "I like to have quick access to basic settings without taking the camera away from my eye and looking down at a screen" because I am used to cameras displaying all basic settings in the viewfinder as well as on-screen. But maybe this is something that Phase One does not do well, so I will have to wait till tomorrow to clarify.

BJL

Grischa Rueschendorf

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2015, 10:11:03 pm »

A few notable specs come to mind:
- XF camera got it's own new DB interface
- the new IQ3 series seems to interface with the XF only, no DF+ mount
- sensor plus is speced at HALF THE RESOLUTION instead of a quarter , is that a typo?

alan_b

• West Coast Architecture + Interiors Photographer
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2015, 10:18:33 pm »

CMOS sensor for AF seems like a good/interesting idea - I wonder how large it is?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 01:57:22 am by alan_b »

Kagetsu

• Refractive Labs

BJL

Re: New Phase One XF, official spec. sheet
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2015, 10:51:49 pm »

It's not working.
I guess that someone at DT jumped the gun on exposing the XF web pages and then fixed it -- try the link again in the morning!
Also, this one seems to work: https://digitaltransitions.com/page/xf-camera-system?gclid=CLCnu8Hw78UCFZA8gQodsLIAPQ
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:25:42 pm by BJL »

voidshatter

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2015, 11:35:07 pm »

I guess that someone at DT jumped the gun on exposing the XF web pages and then fixed it -- try the link again in the morning!
Also, this one seems to work: https://digitaltransitions.com/page/xf-camera-system?gclid=CLCnu8Hw78UCFZA8gQodsLIAPQ

No fullframe CMOS from Sony. Guess my money goes for something else this year :)

I remove the screenshot since they decided to pull the pages off from their site
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 12:25:08 am by voidshatter »

PaulSchneider

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2015, 12:04:19 am »

BJL: Doesn't work: just post the pdf / screenshots! Please!

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2015, 12:07:11 am »

This one was working until 5 mins ago, now it only shows a login page. ;)

I got the time to read it end to end though. It sounds like a great upgrade for Phaseone users and a well designed system.

Cheers,
Bernard

PaulSchneider

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2015, 12:09:10 am »

Details! Highlights!

Sensor-wise: CCD gains long-exposure and thats it?

voidshatter

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2015, 12:14:41 am »

I guess this time the IQ260 users will find their situation most tricky - if they upgrade to the IQ380, then they'll have to live with the CCD long exposure mode (ISO 200 minimum, dynamic range below Canon level); if they crossgrade to the IQ350 then they lose a huge amount of money as well as sensor size; if they stick with the IQ260 then "the belief of a fullframe sensor with long exposure" will be under attack by the IQ380.

I guess Phase One will not give us the fullframe CMOS back until they can clear out the inventory of CCD.

PaulSchneider

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2015, 12:18:17 am »

So what are the other key highlights? New AF?

Kagetsu

• Refractive Labs
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2015, 12:18:54 am »

I just want to know, from those who read, is the new Camera body, compatible with the IQ1 series backs?

voidshatter

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2015, 12:26:26 am »

I just want to know, from those who read, is the new Camera body, compatible with the IQ1 series backs?

I see a spare sheet comparing XF IQ3 and XF IQ1. I would assume that the old IQ180 backs still work but with limited functionality and integration (but I can't confirm this). XF IQ1 will lack these:

Wireless remote control with Capture Pilot   
Exposure Calculator   
Temprature Graph Tool   
Exposure Zone Tool   
Clip Warning   
Auto ISO & ISO Control   
Histogram on XF   
Virtual horizon on XF   
Prepared for future feature upgrades   

Better wait for the formal press release.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 12:29:08 am by voidshatter »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up