I do. It's quite antisocial and bad 'netiquette' to dump questions on a forum without bothering to see if the answer is already there.
See http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
so fotoz,
should we do this forum your way. only post about photography that is shot with a medium format back and if so will you please provide a list what qualifies for medium format.
don't worry about listing your preferred brands, I think by now we all know that direction.
should we never post a question that someone has answered before and how do we qualify those answers. if someone asks a rep or dealer 6 questions about an HY6 and they respond to one question does that mean all 5 are off the topic list.
maybe it would just be easier if you policed this entire section. we could send you every post prior to posting for approval.
as Michael has stated, the medium format section is as close as it comes to having a professional's only area of the forum and as you may know most professionals are busy and don't have the time, or inclination to do a detailed search on every topic prior to positing.
even if they did, what is really wrong about asking when the new Sinar 65 is coming out and will the prices hold up in the marketplace or will they be lowered or raised. in fact, what is wrong with asking any maker, rep or dealer a question about their equipment. isn't that why they are on this forum in the first place and if they don't want to answer, just post a previous link or maybe take a hint from Yair and just rise above it and stick to the positive message.
for example. Theirry has been saying to the best of his knowledge the Sinar 65 will be at Photoplus in NY ready and working, though the reports I've heard said it is still in the process of working out the bugs. I doubt if Theirry is spreading misleading information but we all know in the land of medium format, deadlines are frequently missed.
is it ok to post that above statement, or is this also going to go on the banned list of topics because it is not exactly Sinar or medium format positive.
I find it interesting and quite brave that Michael dared compare a Canon G10 to a p45+ digital back. I think every point he made was honest and made it very clear that there is more to taking a photograph than a camera format, megapixels or price.
I am sure the results opened a lot of people eyes, but under your "watchful" eye, if Michael has posted that information on this section, you would have found it out of bounds.
I really don't understand this brand/format loyalty thing that goes on in this section of the forum. it's obvious that dealers, reps and makers have a vested interest but there are so many brand groupies flowing through here I wonder what their motivation is. I know some have relationships with the makers, some with dealers, some give seminars and though I find nothing wrong with that as long as it is upfront, I do find it interesting that Michael is probably the world's best at the seminar/workshop business model and he seems to have no issue mentioning, testing and reporting on any brand, any format. I think that is what makes his writings interesting and what he has to say valid.
A camera format, especially a little cropped 645 is not a religion, in fact in the various formats of cameras made through history it's barely even medium format.
have a nice day.
bc