Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 910   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 1319243 times)

James Clark

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2347
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #7080 on: February 16, 2021, 11:06:35 am »

And off we go:

...using a reconstruction-era statute designed to protect from Klan intimidation.  The parallel is uncanny.
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #7081 on: February 16, 2021, 11:07:52 am »

What?  Unless you're saying that Biden is anti-union you're exactly... wrong.  https://www.foxnews.com/us/cdc-guidelines-schools-vaccines
It's nice to see Biden straightening it out.  The problem was that the CDC was flip-flopping with its guidance to what seemed like it was backing what the teacher's unions wanted. 

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #7082 on: February 16, 2021, 11:08:34 am »

I'll fix it sir. Unlike you:
“When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind. What Do You Do, Sir?” John Maynard Keynes
Answer: what he does is assume, speculate, and post false text.
Thank you for assuming, again, without any facts or knowledge, you falsely believe I'm perfect.
Thanks for correcting it.

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #7083 on: February 16, 2021, 11:16:33 am »

Thanks for correcting it.
Easy. Now correcting statements “all original prints are 300 DPI, Adobe LR perpetual upgrades are free, I was called a liar here, Coumo killed 13000 old people”, to name a few, easy to admit are wrong and fix.
I'm not holding my breath you'll do as I have.  :'(
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #7084 on: February 16, 2021, 11:28:14 am »

Easy. Now correcting statements “all original prints are 300 DPI, Adobe LR perpetual upgrades are free, I was called a liar here, Coumo killed 13000 old people”, to name a few, easy to admit are wrong and fix.
I'm not holding my breath you'll do as I have.  :'(
I didn't lie about any of those.  Those were beliefs and knowledge at the time I posted them.  The 300dpi is the usual recommendation from what I understood and still understand. Of course, I've learned from you that some print at higher dpi and I accept that.  The 13000 were the amount of deaths claimed at the time but not how many he killed.  I corrected that saying that at this time it's somewhere south of 4000, but an unknown amount difficult to quantify.  As far as LR, I confused upgrades with updates and I believe I had already acknowledged that error as I have acknowledged the 13000.  So now I said it again and hope it settles the matter. 

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #7085 on: February 16, 2021, 11:43:15 am »

I didn't lie about any of those.  Those were beliefs and knowledge at the time I posted them. 
No one here said you lied. Instead, like much of your posts, examples of you posting text that is demonstrably wrong.
Those beliefs were wrong. They do not result from knowledge. Yet you ask for respect.
It doesn’t settle the matter. Because you have a massive history of posting text that requires fact checking. And that fact checking consistently finds that you are wrong again. Slow down, do some research, get your facts straight, then make a post. Less work for your audience, perhaps writings that garner some respect.

Parler the social networking is back up for the time being. A more receptive audience for you, lots of non-photographers you can write to, maybe even respect will follow.
Here?
Quote
Of course, I've learned from you that some print at higher dpi and I accept that.

Progress, baby steps.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 11:46:42 am by digitaldog »
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #7086 on: February 16, 2021, 11:49:44 am »

No one said you lied. Like much of your posts, all examples of you posting text that is demonstrably wrong.
Those beliefs were wrong. They do not result from knowledge. Yet you ask for respect.
It doesn’t settle the matter in general, because you have a massive history of posting text that requires fact checking. And that fact checking consistently finds that you are wrong again. Slow down, do some research, get your facts straight, then make a post.
Parler social networking is back up for the time being. A more receptive audience, lots of non-photographers you can write to, maybe even respect will follow.
Oh please Andrew, Let it go.  If we're going to start tallying up every mistake everyone makes here, no one is going to stay here at all.  95% of my facts are right, I support them almost every time with links to articles or research, much more than you or anyone else.  This forum is a conversation, not a research paper.  People give their opinions.  You have often quoted outside sources without providing the link to the source or even identified who made the quote.  I always make an effort to identify my quotes while you don't.  So let's not get into such petty arguments.  It's a waste of time.  After all this is a photo forum, not a college course on civics. 

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #7087 on: February 16, 2021, 11:55:48 am »

Oh please Andrew, Let it go. 
Get your facts, then resulting beliefs, the resulting text here straight, I'd be more than happy to.
Quote
95% of my facts are right
In your mind. Another made up statement without a lick of proof. Stop while you're behind.
Quote
I support them almost every time with links to articles or research
Often checked and shown to be wrong. Which is why you believe stuff that's wrong.
Quote
It's a waste of time.  After all this is a photo forum, not a college course on civics.
This one forum is far from a photo forum, hence why you'd be better off on Paler considering several of the posts you incorrectly made were about photography, outside this one forum.
It is a waste of time having to look up what you've written to see if it's somewhat accurate, widely inaccurate or occasionally, accurate. If you keep posting nonsense, you'll get called out.
Like you called me out, I admitted and fixed a 'mere' spelling error of your hame.
And since you bring it up, have you ever taken a college course on civics? Tell us more..... :D
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Frans Waterlander

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1046
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #7088 on: February 16, 2021, 11:59:16 am »

And the idiotic bickering continues...   ...   ...   ...   ...
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #7089 on: February 16, 2021, 12:07:00 pm »

Get your facts, then resulting beliefs, the resulting text here straight, I'd be more than happy to. In your mind. Another made up statement without a lick of proof. Stop while you're behind. Often checked and shown to be wrong. Which is why you believe stuff that's wrong. This one forum is far from a photo forum, hence why you'd be better off on Paler considering several of the posts you incorrectly made were about photography, outside this one forum.
It is a waste of time having to look up what you've written to see if it's somewhat accurate, widely inaccurate or occasionally, accurate. If you keep posting nonsense, you'll get called out.
Like you called me out, I admitted and fixed a 'mere' spelling error of your hame.
And since you bring it up, have you ever taken a college course on civics? Tell us more..... :D
Your constant criticism of people, me and others, on this forum and others, just gets old.   It causes conflict and arguments, all unneeded. You're always looking for a fight.   

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #7090 on: February 16, 2021, 12:12:07 pm »

And the idiotic bickering continues...   ...   ...   ...   ...
As the old saying goes, it takes one to know one.
It's been since Feb 10th you've entered here to say the same thing; have you managed to figure out how to take a picture to share with us?
And it's so sad that your GoFundMe only has $10 towards that update to Adobe Elements you need for some odd reason. It seems your 'peers' here and on PhotoNet (if I can be so kind), don't think you deserve further contributions.
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #7091 on: February 16, 2021, 12:13:39 pm »

  It causes conflict and arguments, all unneeded. You're always looking for a fight.   
I wish I didn't always have to find corrections to your posts. I suspect others here who've done this so many times in the past may feel the same way.
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #7092 on: February 16, 2021, 12:45:46 pm »

I wish I didn't always have to find corrections to your posts. I suspect others here who've done this so many times in the past may feel the same way.

Yeah, I just don't have the energy to maintain arguments with Trump supporters (or those similarly challenged by critical thinking).
They seem to be immune to facts and logic. But sometimes it is hard to resist pointing out a fact or fallacy that might be relevant.
 
Logged
-MattB

Frans Waterlander

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1046
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #7093 on: February 16, 2021, 12:46:08 pm »

And the idiotic bickering continues...   ...   ...   ...   ...

As the old saying goes, it takes one to know one.
It's been since Feb 10th you've entered here to say the same thing; have you managed to figure out how to take a picture to share with us?
And it's so sad that your GoFundMe only has $10 towards that update to Adobe Elements you need for some odd reason. It seems your 'peers' here and on PhotoNet (if I can be so kind), don't think you deserve further contributions.
Couldn't wait to reconfirm what I just said. Sad.
Logged

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #7094 on: February 16, 2021, 12:47:07 pm »

Couldn't wait to reconfirm what I just said. Sad.
Sad, utter lack of photographic experience and illustration of such, and so few, willing to assist you with your problems.
See you next week?  :P
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #7095 on: February 16, 2021, 12:47:27 pm »

I think Billy Graham preached about human nature being unchangeable. That's why Mike Pence's wife won't leave him alone in a room with another woman. Maybe it doesn't have to do with human nature so much as Mike Pence is just a sex maniac.

I don't know if human nature is unchangeable or not. Even if it is, some people seem to be able to control their behavior better than others. Could be a parenting issue.

I don't know if you have thought about this, but maybe the public health officials know that they will not get 100% compliance with the lockdown orders and have built that into their models. Maybe they call it the Joe Kitchen factor. Maybe some lesser compliance percentage will be enough to slow the spread of the virus sufficiently that the healthcare systems aren't overwhelmed.

I think you may have been drinking too much coffee. Your recent posts contain a lot of hyperbole and black and white thinking. But maybe you are consciously doing that to make you points clearer.

I will admit that at first, I thought Pence was being silly with that.  But now, after all of the known false allegations of sexual assault, he is looking like the smart one. 

Yes, those models geared to assume not 100% compliance really worked wonders in CA. 

Insofar as my recent posts, maybe they were just a little baiting.  There is a dog and an Irishman on here that are just way too easy to start. 
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #7096 on: February 16, 2021, 12:55:30 pm »

I was almost tempted to contribute to the GoFundMe because maybe being able to do some photography would be good for everyone.
But then I saw the image on the campaign at the site.
Logged
-MattB

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #7097 on: February 16, 2021, 01:03:00 pm »

I was almost tempted to contribute to the GoFundMe because maybe being able to do some photography would be good for everyone.
But then I saw the image on the campaign at the site.
His it even his image? Inquiring minds want to know.😜
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #7098 on: February 16, 2021, 02:54:06 pm »

The 13000 were the amount of deaths claimed at the time but not how many he killed.  I corrected that saying that at this time it's somewhere south of 4000, but an unknown amount difficult to quantify.

And it only took three days of false facts, logical fallacies, denials, deflections, runarounds, and rabbit holes on your part for you to finally admit that you were wrong about something that was obvious. So that was an enjoyable and productive discussion. So enjoyable and productive that everyone around here can't wait to have another discussion with you.
Logged

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21651
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #7099 on: February 16, 2021, 03:11:46 pm »

And it only took three days of false facts, logical fallacies, denials, deflections, runarounds, and rabbit holes on your part for you to finally admit that you were wrong about something that was obvious. So that was an enjoyable and productive discussion. So enjoyable and productive that everyone around here can't wait to have another discussion with you.

Both Alan and Allan might try reading this a few times:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/15/politics/andrew-cuomo-covid-19-controversy-explained/index.html
Nothing there states "The xxxxx were the amount of deaths claimed at the time but not how many he killed".

The big deal is the number of deaths that were underreported. Not "who" killed them.
Since this is CNN, likely to be ignored because it's from CNN so:
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/02/cuomo-faces-crisis-over-alleged-nursing-home-death-cover-up.html
Quote
Attorney General Letitia James’s office released a damning report indicating the state’s Department of Health had undercounted the number of COVID deaths among residents of long-term care facilities by as much as 50 percent — with deaths that occurred outside the facilities accounting for the disparity. The Cuomo administration quickly released a revised total including more than 3,800 additional nursing-home deaths. Another round of state data, released this week after the Cuomo administration lost a freedom-of-information lawsuit, indicates that roughly 15,000 long-term care and assisted-living facility residents in New York State have died from the coronavirus during the pandemic.

Again, under reporting. Nothing about "The xxxxx were the amount of deaths claimed at the time but not how many he killed".
How many did Trump kill? Two can play this silly game.
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 910   Go Up