Poll

Who do you think will be sworn in as President on Jan. 21?

Biden
- 14 (66.7%)
Trump
- 7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: November 02, 2020, 06:25:59 pm


Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 194   Go Down

Author Topic: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)  (Read 262850 times)

Bart_van_der_Wolf

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8919
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3500 on: October 29, 2020, 02:46:01 pm »

Well. I don't know about you, but I am glad to hear that UPS is not in on the cover-up. Or maybe they were and Tucker just caught them red handed and they had to cough up the documents. Anything is possible.

You know what I think? I think Tucker Carlson is secretly pissed UPS found them. But that's just me. Others may have a different opinion.

Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, Hunter Biden is not up for election ...
Logged
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3501 on: October 29, 2020, 02:46:59 pm »

I don't think Democrats think they are better off with Obamacare under Trump than they would have been under Hillary. So that's another sweeping generalization out the window.
When I said Dems would have done better with Trump than Hillary, I was referring to winning the election.  I didn't mean any particular policy issue. 

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3502 on: October 29, 2020, 02:48:38 pm »

Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, Hunter Biden is not up for election ...
Bart, you're not staying up.  We've passed that point a number of times.

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3503 on: October 29, 2020, 02:53:16 pm »

When I said Dems would have done better with Trump than Hillary, I was referring to winning the election.  I didn't mean any particular policy issue.

So we were talking about free stuff and you just changed the subject and didn't tell anybody. Typical.
Logged

Alan Goldhammer

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4349
    • A Goldhammer Photography
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3504 on: October 29, 2020, 02:53:31 pm »

Well. I don't know about you, but I am glad to hear that UPS is not in on the cover-up. Or maybe they were and Tucker just caught them red handed and they had to cough up the documents. Anything is possible.

You know what I think? I think Tucker Carlson is secretly pissed UPS found them. But that's just me. Others may have a different opinion.
If it turns out to be sheets of blank paper, the accusations will come pouring fourth about the deep state.
Logged

Robert Roaldi

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5514
    • Robert's Photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3505 on: October 29, 2020, 02:54:05 pm »

Isn't that only for the people who could afford it? The rest of the hoi polloi get lousy medical care.

You also think that in Canada, civil servants decide who gets medical care. It has never happened to me or anyone I know, or even to anyone I've ever heard of. But the important thing is that you think so, after all you have a right to your opinion.
Logged
--
Robert

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3506 on: October 29, 2020, 02:54:18 pm »

Bart, you're not staying up.  We've passed that point a number of times.

More passed over than passed.
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3507 on: October 29, 2020, 03:02:04 pm »

You also think that in Canada, civil servants decide who gets medical care. It has never happened to me or anyone I know, or even to anyone I've ever heard of. But the important thing is that you think so, after all you have a right to your opinion.
I don't recall ever saying that.  But it does raise an interesting point.  If lack of funding from the government reduces the quantity of MRI units available so you have to wait so long you might just consider not getting it, don't civil servants then decide who gets what and when?  And if you have enough money to travel, you can come to the USA and get an MRI the same day.  So wealth does have an effect on medical care.  The rich do get better care, even if it's all supposed to be equal.  Even in the Soviet Union, those in the Communist Party got better things including better medical care.  It's the way the world works. 

LesPalenik

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5338
    • advantica blog
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3508 on: October 29, 2020, 03:12:36 pm »

I don't recall ever saying that.  But it does raise an interesting point.  If lack of funding from the government reduces the quantity of MRI units available so you have to wait so long you might just consider not getting it, don't civil servants then decide who gets what and when?  And if you have enough money to travel, you can come to the USA and get an MRI the same day.  So wealth does have an effect on medical care.  The rich do get better care, even if it's all supposed to be equal.  Even in the Soviet Union, those in the Communist Party got better things including better medical care.  It's the way the world works.

Indeed. The top party functionaries and other celebrities. Recently, when a well known government official got sick, they assigned seven of best doctors to take care of him.
In the meantime, poor plebes have to wait months for a simple medical appointment and more than a year for a routine surgery.
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3509 on: October 29, 2020, 03:19:12 pm »

Indeed. The top party functionaries and other celebrities. Recently, when a well known government official got sick, they assigned seven of best doctors to take care of him.
In the meantime, poor plebes have to wait months for a simple medical appointment and more than a year for a routine surgery.
That's why he wants to be re-elected.  At 74, he doesn't want to take any chances.  Hmm.  I'm 75.  Maybe I ought to run too.

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3510 on: October 29, 2020, 03:24:13 pm »

That's why he wants to be re-elected.  At 74, he doesn't want to take any chances.  Hmm.  I'm 75.  Maybe I ought to run too.

So in the space of a couple of posts we have gone from how lousy medical care is in Canada to Alan thinking about running for president. Yeah, I'd call that rambling.
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3511 on: October 29, 2020, 03:28:29 pm »

So in the space of a couple of posts we have gone from how lousy medical care is in Canada to Alan thinking about running for president. Yeah, I'd call that rambling.
My wife wants me out of the house.  This Covid business is testing nerves. So I thought I'd run for something. In Washington.

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3512 on: October 29, 2020, 03:30:45 pm »

Seems like Muslims hate Macron and the French more than Trump and Americans.

Ex-Malaysia PM: Muslims have right to ‘kill millions of French people’
https://nypost.com/2020/10/29/malaysia-pm-muslims-have-right-to-kill-millions-of-french-people/

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3513 on: October 29, 2020, 03:40:32 pm »

Seems like Muslims hate Macron and the French more than Trump and Americans.

Ex-Malaysia PM: Muslims have right to ‘kill millions of French people’
https://nypost.com/2020/10/29/malaysia-pm-muslims-have-right-to-kill-millions-of-french-people/

So when you say that do you mean all Muslims hate Macron and the French more than Trump and Americans. I read the article and it seems like just one Muslim, the ex PM of Maylaysia, holds that opinion. And he doesn't even say he hates Trump and Americans at all. Just the French.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 05:02:22 pm by faberryman »
Logged

LesPalenik

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5338
    • advantica blog
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3514 on: October 29, 2020, 03:46:09 pm »

My wife wants me out of the house.  This Covid business is testing nerves. So I thought I'd run for something. In Washington.

USA is a free country. Anyone can run for something. And sometimes, he can even win.
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3515 on: October 29, 2020, 04:10:28 pm »

So when you say that do you mean all Muslims hate Macron and the French more than Trump and Americans. I read the article and it seems like just one guy, the ex PM of Maylaysia, holds that opinion. And he doesn't even say he hates Trump and Americans at all. Just the French.


Use your imagination. You ask too many questions.

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3516 on: October 29, 2020, 04:13:26 pm »

USA is a free country. Anyone can run for something. And sometimes, he can even win.
Yeah, but he beat 17 primary republican competitors and a 5 to 1 democrat favorite. That's more than luck.

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3517 on: October 29, 2020, 04:16:00 pm »

Use your imagination. You ask too many questions.

I was asking what you meant. I might not imagine the same thing as what you meant. I am just asking for a clarification. It sounded like a sweeping generalization to me.
Logged

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3518 on: October 29, 2020, 04:20:32 pm »

I still find it amusing that Tucker Carlson's staff did not maintain copies of the documents that will turn things around for the Prez (despite the fact that probably 60% have voted already).  Not to worry though.  The Guardian are right on top of this non-story and note that UPS have found the documents:  https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/oct/29/fox-news-tucker-carlson-mocked-for-lost-in-the-mail-biden-documents-claim

I will wait breathlessly for Craig's report on what these documents have to say!!!  I hope they are not just more trash that has been floating around the Ukraine for the last 18 months.

I await breathlessly your documentation that Tucker did not keep copies if the documents.  Your link offers no such claim.  Care to back it up?
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3519 on: October 29, 2020, 04:21:09 pm »

I was asking what you meant. I might not imagine the same thing as what you meant. I am just asking for a clarification. It sounded like a sweeping generalization to me.
The PM represents the thoughts of the Muslim community.   More of them hate Macron and the French.  If that's sweeping, so be it,  Do you think only the ex-PM feels this way?
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 194   Go Up