Poll

Who do you think will be sworn in as President on Jan. 21?

Biden
- 14 (66.7%)
Trump
- 7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: November 02, 2020, 06:25:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 194   Go Down

Author Topic: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)  (Read 110858 times)

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3520 on: October 29, 2020, 04:30:30 pm »

I await breathlessly your documentation that Tucker did not keep copies if the documents.  Your link offers no such claim.  Care to back it up?
YAWN!!!!!  https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/10/tucker-carlson-lost-only-copy-of-documents-nailing-biden.html

faberryman

« Reply #3521 on: October 29, 2020, 05:10:43 pm »

The PM represents the thoughts of the Muslim community.

He's the ex-PM, so he is just expressing his personal views.

More of them hate Macron and the French.

How do you know that? Do you have a link where maybe they did a survey of Muslims to see how they feel about Macron and the French?

If that's sweeping, so be it.

Just so you are aware that you are making a sweeping generalization.

Do you think only the ex-PM feels this way?

I think some Muslims agree with the ex-PM and some don't. I don't know the relative percentages because I haven't seen any data on it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 05:14:18 pm by faberryman »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3522 on: October 29, 2020, 05:17:33 pm »

Trump has pretty much given him the space to say what he says.  But having said that, free speech doesn't include the right of employees to say what they want.  Just like ball team managers can quash political speech on the ball field.  Free speech is reserved to the public market. If you publicly bad mouth the company you work for, it's legal for the boss to fire you.  There are some constraints.  But the employer has a lot of power in this realm. The CDC's boss is the president. He may not be able to fire you due to Federal law.  But he could send you to the Arctic Circle in Alaska during the winter to study virus among the Inuit people. :)
It seems that Democratic Gov of NY Cuomo beat Trump to the punch.   He didn't like that one of his guards, a New York State Trooper, was dating his daughter.  So he had him transferred to the NY-Canadian border to do duty and watch for Canucks sneaking over the border for MRI's.   :)
https://nypost.com/2020/10/29/state-trooper-dates-gov-cuomos-daughter-gets-transferred/

faberryman

« Reply #3523 on: October 29, 2020, 05:17:43 pm »

YAWN!!!!!  https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/10/tucker-carlson-lost-only-copy-of-documents-nailing-biden.html

Sounds like they were in a hurry and made an error in judgment about whether or not to make copies. I would be interested to know if they are going to make copies of the documents available to the general public, and if so when.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3524 on: October 29, 2020, 05:22:21 pm »

He's the ex-PM, so he is just expressing his personal views.

How do you know that? Do you have a link where maybe they did a survey of Muslims to see how they feel about Macron and the French?

Just so you are aware that you are making a sweeping generalization.

I think some Muslims agree with the ex-PM and some don't. I don't know the relative percentages because I haven't seen any data on it.
Thanks for your updated report.  I'm sure it cleared everything up. 

TechTalk

« Reply #3525 on: October 29, 2020, 05:28:32 pm »

Use your imagination. You ask too many questions.

You should consider using your imagination a lot less and asking exponentially more questions!
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

faberryman

« Reply #3526 on: October 29, 2020, 05:28:38 pm »

Thanks for your updated report.  I'm sure it cleared everything up.

I hope so.

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #3527 on: October 29, 2020, 05:33:32 pm »

Well, WHO said they failed to make copies?  Did Tucker or his people say that or is that the claim of the publisher?  Clearly they have no quote from anyone from Tucker staff or they would have quoted.  If you have a direct quote, please post it.

I'll save you the trouble, don't want to tax you.

NY Post story with comments by Tucker.
https://nypost.com/2020/10/29/tucker-carlsons-hunter-biden-documents-reportedly-located/

Late Wednesday, Salon reporter Roger Sollenberger posted an alleged text message he received from Carlson on Twitter.

Sollenberger wrote, “Hi, Tucker, it’s Roger. Did you make copies of those documents? Or did anyone take photos?”

Tucker allegedly replied, “Of course. The point is, someone’s reading our texts.”

Twitter of Roger Sollenberger
https://twitter.com/SollenbergerRC/status/1321638898834038785

« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 05:48:53 pm by Craig Lamson »
Craig Lamson Photo

TechTalk

« Reply #3528 on: October 29, 2020, 05:48:26 pm »

Yeah, but he beat 17 primary republican competitors and a 5 to 1 democrat favorite. That's more than luck.

But a great misfortune for the nation and the world as the Presidency of the United States was turned into a nonstop carnival act. By carnival act, I refer to venues for entertainment which have been stripped of any dignity, based on deception, catering to base instincts, and often consisting of acts designed to fool or frighten the customers.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 06:02:14 pm by TechTalk »

faberryman

« Reply #3529 on: October 29, 2020, 05:49:01 pm »

Well, WHO said they failed to make copies?  Did Tucker or his people say that or is that the claim of the publisher?  Clearly they have no quote from anyone from Tucker staff or they would have quoted.

So is this your level of research and validation?  If you have a direct quote, please post it.

Who cares if anyone made copies or not? Tucker now has them, as least I think so. I didn't go back and re-read all the articles to see if he actually said he had them, or he reportedly said he had them, or some anonymous person said he had them, or whatever the rest of the variations may be.  If he has the documents, and I am not saying he does, but if he does have them, or access to them, or knows somebody who does, I wonder what the documents might say, and what Tucker or whomever has them, or has access to them, assuming they actually exist, may do with them. I am sure we will hear more about that aspect of the story. Actually, I am not sure. I really don't know if that will be the case. I am guessing based on incomplete information, and your guess is as good as mine. Well, your guess could be better or worse than mine depending on the actual circumstances. Reportedly.

I still have not watched the Carlson/Bobulinski interview. I was thinking I might go out and clean the garage again. Maybe I could do a better job. To be honest, I was hoping the whole thing would blow over, and I wouldn't have to watch it. Maybe the missing documents, assuming they exist, contain information that makes them a bigger story, if that is possible.

Does anyone know if Ron Johnson has subpoenaed UPS to appear before the Senate Judiciary Committee?

I read an article that said Trump is unhappy with Barr because Barr does not appear to be doing anything to lock up Hunter Biden and Joe Biden, and perhaps others. Hillary, for example, but I am not sure. I can't find a link to the article I read so maybe I imagined I read it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 07:27:04 pm by faberryman »

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #3530 on: October 29, 2020, 05:55:50 pm »

Who cares if anyone made copies or not? Tucker now has them, as least I think so. I didn't go back and re-read all the articles to see if he actually said he had them, or he reportedly said he had them, or some anonymous person said he had them, or whatever the rest of the variations may be.  If he has the documents, and I am not saying he does have them, but if he does have them, or access to them, or knows somebody who does, I wonder what the documents might say, and what Tucker or whomever has them, or whomever has access to them, assuming they actually exist, may do with them. I am sure we will hear more about that aspect of the story. Actually, I am not sure. I really don't if that will be the case. I am guessing based on incomplete information, and your guess is as good as mine. Well, your guess could be better or worse than mine depending on the actual circumstances. Reportedly.

Are you sure you didn't miss any?
Craig Lamson Photo

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3531 on: October 29, 2020, 06:02:02 pm »

I was going to stop by Walmart and pick up a Black Ops Junior Sniper Rifle for the election in case things go south afterwards.  But Walmark is taking all guns and ammo off their floors in many locations fearing rioting.  Democracy is dangerous.

https://image.cnbcfm.com/api/v1/image/106769554-1604003292065-gettyimages-1168912490-150626walmart-9.jpeg?v=1604003423&w=740&h=416

TechTalk

« Reply #3532 on: October 29, 2020, 06:18:47 pm »

After this just over one-minute clip from last night's US Senate debate in Georgia went viral, Republican Senator Perdue announced he was withdrawing from the scheduled final debate. For those that haven't encountered one while driving, this is what a deer in the headlights looks like.

https://twitter.com/JoshuaHol/status/Georgia Senate Debate Clip

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3533 on: October 29, 2020, 06:21:06 pm »

I was going to stop by Walmart and pick up a Black Ops Junior Sniper Rifle for the election in case things go south afterwards.  But Walmark is taking all guns and ammo off their floors in many locations fearing rioting.  Democracy is dangerous.

https://image.cnbcfm.com/api/v1/image/106769554-1604003292065-gettyimages-1168912490-150626walmart-9.jpeg?v=1604003423&w=740&h=416
I just called Walmart and they told me I couldn't by the Junior Sniper model anyway. I'm an adult and those are only for kids who want to be snipers. 

faberryman

« Reply #3534 on: October 29, 2020, 06:36:00 pm »

Are you sure you didn't miss any?

I am pretty sure I missed some, but I tried to do my best job. I was kind of under the gun because my wife was calling me to dinner.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 07:05:58 pm by faberryman »

TechTalk

« Reply #3535 on: October 29, 2020, 06:38:58 pm »

And this is how the Carnival-Barker-in-Chief introduces a US Senate candidate that has been loyal, but is about to lose her seat. Introducing Martha McSally like a trained seal act in this 39-second clip.

https://twitter.com/stevemorris__/Trump - McSally Clip

faberryman

« Reply #3536 on: October 29, 2020, 06:40:02 pm »

After this just over one-minute clip from last night's US Senate debate in Georgia went viral, Republican Senator Perdue announced he was withdrawing from the scheduled final debate. For those that haven't encountered one while driving, this is what a deer in the headlights looks like.

https://twitter.com/JoshuaHol/status/Georgia Senate Debate Clip

It kind of looked like he was about to cry.

faberryman

« Reply #3537 on: October 29, 2020, 06:43:41 pm »

And this is how the Carnival-Barker-in-Chief introduces a US Senate candidate that has been loyal, but is about to lose her seat. Introducing Martha McSally like a trained seal act in this 39-second clip.

https://twitter.com/stevemorris__/Trump - McSally Clip

They didn't even give her her full minute in the clip.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3538 on: October 29, 2020, 06:50:24 pm »

You still can buy at Walmart professional grade slingshots with 1/4" metal balls. Used judiciously, they could inflict serious damage to an attacker.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 06:54:28 pm by LesPalenik »

faberryman

« Reply #3539 on: October 29, 2020, 07:04:58 pm »

I am not sufficiently enmeshed in the granular detail of the Hunter Biden story to know what effect this article may have, if any, but I thought it was an interesting read.  At least it appeared in the main stream media.

How a fake persona laid the groundwork for a Hunter Biden conspiracy deluge

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/how-fake-persona-laid-groundwork-hunter-biden-conspiracy-deluge-n1245387
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 194   Go Up