Poll

Who do you think will be sworn in as President on Jan. 21?

Biden
- 14 (66.7%)
Trump
- 7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: November 02, 2020, 06:25:59 pm


Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 194   Go Down

Author Topic: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)  (Read 267346 times)

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3240 on: October 27, 2020, 09:33:21 pm »

There is a copy of the order to  computer guy to give the laptop to the FBI.  Need more?

Has the order been authenticated? Did he actually give it to the FBI? Did he get a receipt?  You know, the basic stuff.

Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3241 on: October 27, 2020, 09:36:19 pm »

I'm missing something.  If the FBI has it, how does Rudy still have it too?

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3242 on: October 27, 2020, 09:42:17 pm »

Has the order been authenticated? Did he actually give it to the FBI? Did he get a receipt?  You know, the basic stuff.

Well the signature is a valid agents signature, Ratcliff said the laptop is not Russian disinformation. 


FBI confirms Biden laptop
https://www.westernjournal.com/fbi-confirms-hunter-bidens-laptop-says-story-not-russian-disinformation-report/

That the first link that came up so...
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3243 on: October 27, 2020, 09:43:22 pm »

I'm missing something.  If the FBI has it, how does Rudy still have it too?

Allegedly, the computer guy made a copy of the hard drive and gave it Giuliani.
Logged

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3244 on: October 27, 2020, 09:45:16 pm »

Well the signature is a valid agents signature, Ratcliff said the laptop is not Russian disinformation. 

FBI confirms Biden laptop
https://www.westernjournal.com/fbi-confirms-hunter-bidens-laptop-says-story-not-russian-disinformation-report/

That the first link that came up so...

The article says the FBI reportedly confirmed that they had the laptop. Some guy named Jake Gibson tweeted that the FBI had the laptop.

I don't find Ratcliffe credible, so I'll wait to see something more definitive. Besides, saying it wasn’t Russia isn’t saying very much. Could be Iran or Giuliani or someone else.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 10:13:40 pm by faberryman »
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3245 on: October 27, 2020, 10:10:59 pm »

The article says the FBI reportedly confirmed that they had the laptop. Some guy named Jake Gibson tweeted that the FBI had the laptop.

I don't find Ratcliffe credible, so I'll wait to see something more definitive.
He's as credible as ex-DNI Director Clapper who acknowledge he lied to the senate, called Trump a Russian asset after acknowledging the CIA, FBI and other agencies had no evidence of any collusion between Trump and Russia.  Of course he worked for Obama, so you know the story.

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3246 on: October 27, 2020, 10:17:49 pm »

So if you think the right should be inherent and not require a bill in the state legislature, why did you write the next to the last paragraph in your post expressing the opposite opinion?

Let me blunt. 

I am pro-choice for the first two trimester at least.  I think my philosophy of negative rights implies this.  However, many of my fellow Republicans would disagree with me and I know I will not change their minds.  This is not a pivotal issue for me, so I will not leaving my party over this issue.  Which means I know I will not be able to effect this change. 

So, if Biden and the Dems win, get off your asses and pass a damn bill! 

Expend some political capital if you so strongly support it and put the issue to rest.
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3247 on: October 27, 2020, 10:19:43 pm »

He's as credible as ex-DNI Director Clapper who acknowledge he lied to the senate, called Trump a Russian asset after acknowledging the CIA, FBI and other agencies had no evidence of any collusion between Trump and Russia.  Of course he worked for Obama, so you know the story.

We have talked about this before. You are now saying Ratcliffe is as credible as Clapper, and Clapper isn’t credible because he lied to the Senate. So I guess you are saying Ratcliffe isn’t credible either.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 11:17:08 pm by faberryman »
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3248 on: October 27, 2020, 10:22:08 pm »

Let me blunt. 

I am pro-choice for the first two trimester at least.  I think my philosophy of negative rights implies this.  However, many of my fellow Republicans would disagree with me and I know I will not change their minds.  This is not a pivotal issue for me, so I will not leaving my party over this issue.  Which means I know I will not be able to effect this change. 

So, if Biden and the Dems win, get off your asses and pass a damn bill! 

Expend some political capital if you so strongly support it and put the issue to rest.
In my opinion, any bill from COngress about this issue would be unconstitutional.  There's no authority in it for congress to write law on it.  It would be like COngress writing a law that outlaws spitting on the sidewalk.  This is a state's rights issue for them to determine.  OF course there's no accounting what a Supreme Court might call legal especially if the Democrats pack the court.

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3249 on: October 27, 2020, 10:22:13 pm »

The article says the FBI reportedly confirmed that they had the laptop. Some guy named Jake Gibson tweeted that the FBI had the laptop.

I don't find Ratcliffe credible, so I'll wait to see something more definitive. Besides, saying it wasn’t Russia isn’t saying very much. Could be Iran or Giuliani or someone else.

Your mileage may vary from mine.  I’ve seen far too many documents on multiple peoples devices, I’ve seen Hunters attorneys email asking for the computer back, and of course no denials at all from the Biden camp,saying the laptop is a fake.

It’s real, IMO.  If it’s not for you, more power to you.

Bobblehead put the nail in their coffin tonight IMO.
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo

faberryman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4851
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3250 on: October 27, 2020, 10:23:05 pm »

Let me blunt. 

I am pro-choice for the first two trimester at least.  I think my philosophy of negative rights implies this.  However, many of my fellow Republicans would disagree with me and I know I will not change their minds.  This is not a pivotal issue for me, so I will not leaving my party over this issue.  Which means I know I will not be able to effect this change. 

So, if Biden and the Dems win, get off your asses and pass a damn bill! 

Expend some political capital if you so strongly support it and put the issue to rest.

Your next to last paragraph and last paragraph are inconsistent. I was just trying to figure out which you believed. Obviously your next to last paragraph isn’t very convincing.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 10:38:57 pm by faberryman »
Logged

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3251 on: October 27, 2020, 10:23:13 pm »

I wonder if radiators are even installed in new builds these days.  I think radiant heated tile floors are an option but they are quite pricey.

They are still commonplace in England.  I ordered a new modern style radiator when I redid my kitchen to save space and match the style.  It shipped from England. 

Unfortunately the spud design (how the radiator hooks up to the pipes internally) in England is different then in the USA and it was a bit of an issue installing it. 
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3252 on: October 27, 2020, 10:25:04 pm »

We have talked about this before. You are now saying Ratcliffe is as credible as Clapper, and Clapper isn’t credible because he lied to the Senate. So I guess you are saying a Ratcliffe isn’t credible either.
I didn't write it clearly.  I meant to explain that Radcliff is more credible than Obama's DNI who lied to the Senate and claimed a Trump-Russia collusion when there wasn't any. 

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3253 on: October 27, 2020, 10:25:44 pm »

They are still commonplace in England.  I ordered a new modern style radiator when I redid my kitchen to save space and match the style.  It shipped from England. 

Unfortunately the spud design (how the radiator hooks up to the pipes internally) in England is different then in the USA and it was a bit of an issue installing it.

Hot water baseboard is very nice heat as well.  We looked at a couple of homes with it, but they were not the right homes for us.
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3254 on: October 27, 2020, 10:27:11 pm »

They are still commonplace in England.  I ordered a new modern style radiator when I redid my kitchen to save space and match the style.  It shipped from England. 

Unfortunately the spud design (how the radiator hooks up to the pipes internally) in England is different then in the USA and it was a bit of an issue installing it. 
Well, what do you expect?  They drive on the wrong side of the street.  :)

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3255 on: October 27, 2020, 10:27:59 pm »

The Supreme Court had to rule on it because a court case came before it.  Before Roe, there were only a handful of states that allowed abortions.  I believe New York may have been the first on that did.  I remember someone in grad school at Indiana buying a woman a plane ticket to NY to get one (this was 1970) as there was no place in the Midwest that permitted it.

I raise the issue of being an atheist as many religions have their own codes that they would like to impose on others.

"God is dead.  And we killed him." 

It is one of the most depressing philosophies I have ever read.  Although I cant see giving into adopting a religion personally, it is hard to ignore the fact that the entirety of all moralities has stemmed from religions.  Nietzsche predicted nihilism would eventually follow from the abandonment of religion, and given the current actions happening on the street, I am finding it hard to disagree with.   
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 10:45:38 pm by JoeKitchen »
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3256 on: October 27, 2020, 10:32:47 pm »

Hot water baseboard is very nice heat as well.  We looked at a couple of homes with it, but they were not the right homes for us.

Not going to lie though, it is amazing how expensive radiators are.  A new radiator cost me $700, and that is not including the installation cost. 
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3257 on: October 27, 2020, 10:34:54 pm »

Hot water baseboard is very nice heat as well.  We looked at a couple of homes with it, but they were not the right homes for us.
In the community we live in, we saw one house before buying where they put in either baseboard or radiant supposedly to reduce the amount of dry air in the winter that you get with a forced air HVAC system.  We didn't take their house but got one with the standard ducted systems.  It has evaporative humidifiers on the air flow.  But I measured it and never could see the difference on or off with the amount of humidity, probably because its capacity was too small.  So I shut it off as I was concerned that dampness in the ducts creates mold which is worse than dry air.  If Biden wins, maybe we can get him to pay for humidification installation rebates if we can convince him it's "green". 

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3258 on: October 27, 2020, 10:40:13 pm »

In the community we live in, we saw one house before buying where they put in either baseboard or radiant supposedly to reduce the amount of dry air in the winter that you get with a forced air HVAC system.  We didn't take their house but got one with the standard ducted systems.  It has evaporative humidifiers on the air flow.  But I measured it and never could see the difference on or off with the amount of humidity, probably because its capacity was too small.  So I shut it off as I was concerned that dampness in the ducts creates mold which is worse than dry air.  If Biden wins, maybe we can get him to pay for humidification installation rebates if we can convince him it's "green".

I have a Trane dual stage system with a humidifier.  I’ve never measured  the humidity.  Higher humidity might help with keeping COVID away.  Sorry wrong thread.  A new tax package from whoever wins the election for more humidifiers would be a good thing 😎
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Re: US Elections 2020 (geopolitics, informed debate, no ad hominems)
« Reply #3259 on: October 27, 2020, 10:42:49 pm »

Well, what do you expect?  They drive on the wrong side of the street.  :)

Another tangent.  Do you know why England drives on the left?  It is due to sword fights. 

You see, if you are fighting with swords, it is best to march past an opposing army on the left side.  This is because you draw with your right hand from your left side in the direction of your right side.  So, if you are marching on the left and need to fight a passing army on the right, you can draw your sword and slash your enemy in one continuous motion.  So, when everyone fought with swords, people always passed on the left. 

Then rifles became commonplace. 

You see, if you are fighting with a rifle over our right shoulder and needed to attack on the fly, you would drop the rifle stock into your left hand, put your right hand around the trigger and pull the butt up to your right shoulder.  Doing this in a fluid motion would have you aiming to your left at first.  So, Napoleon eventually realized that switching the side an army marched on would give him a tactical advantage, and eventually every army followed suit, except England.  England, being sea locked, never had a large army and relied on its navy for protection, so there was no point in adopting it.  Then cars were invented. 

I also just found out why men stopped wearing dresses (everyone wore dresses at first) and started wearing pants.  That's quite interesting too, with war and religion mixed in. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 10:48:10 pm by JoeKitchen »
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 194   Go Up