Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 75   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit Encore  (Read 151571 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18208
  • When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Brexit Encore
« Reply #1360 on: October 28, 2019, 09:10:46 am »

Everybody's a critic.  :)

About the song... just another high-pitch whining of losers. They should have asked Hillary to join  ;)

Slobodan Blagojevic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18208
  • When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Brexit Encore
« Reply #1361 on: October 28, 2019, 09:14:34 am »

British humour.  Meh. 

Not even. Actually, an insult to British humor. Just plain stupid.

Robert Roaldi

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5514
    • Robert's Photos
Re: Brexit Encore
« Reply #1362 on: October 28, 2019, 09:37:20 am »

Not even. Actually, an insult to British humor. Just plain stupid.

You slay me.

One word: decaf.
Logged
--
Robert

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Brexit Encore
« Reply #1363 on: October 28, 2019, 09:48:53 am »

Not even. Actually, an insult to British humor. Just plain stupid.
I think you're right.  That's what it was.  Some British humor I enjoy.  This was just stupid.

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9263
    • site
Re: Brexit Encore
« Reply #1364 on: October 28, 2019, 02:37:07 pm »

I think you're right.  That's what it was.  Some British humor I enjoy.  This was just stupid.

It was. It's a shame; they can be really funny. See here.

Jeremy
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25127
Re: Brexit Encore
« Reply #1365 on: October 28, 2019, 03:22:53 pm »

It was. It's a shame; they can be really funny. See here.

Jeremy

Strange; I found the second link not worth the watching. On the other hand, I found the first song quite funny. But then my perspective doesn't come from Florida, does it?

:-)

Rob

Slobodan Blagojevic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18208
  • When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Brexit Encore
« Reply #1366 on: October 28, 2019, 03:27:08 pm »

Strange; I found the second link not worth the watching. On the other hand, I found the first song quite funny. But then my perspective doesn't come from Florida, does it?

Rob, my comments about the stupidity of the attempted humor refer to the link Robert provided about foreigners stealing jobs, not the Brexit song, which I think was quite well done, my disagreement with its premise notwithstanding.

P.S. I now see that Jeremy misunderstood my post as well :(

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25127
Re: Brexit Encore
« Reply #1367 on: October 28, 2019, 03:43:43 pm »

Rob, my comments about the stupidity of the attempted humor refer to the link Robert provided about foreigners stealing jobs, not the Brexit song, which I think was quite well done, my disagreement with its premise notwithstanding.

P.S. I now see that Jeremy misunderstood my post as well :(

As one could see me thinking Jeremy lives in Florida!

It's all a Google plot, I tell you!

:-)

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25127
Re: Brexit Encore
« Reply #1368 on: October 28, 2019, 03:56:49 pm »

Actually, there is no humour more delightful than Jewish humour.

As with photography and the art world, they have also cornered the humour market. Funny, though, most of it - apart from some models - doesn't originate from Israel.

There may be nothing funny about living in Israel, though. Not much funny I can remembet about living in Scotland, either, and Mallorca suddenly lost its charm on Wednesday, sailing off into the sunset with my watch in its pocket.

Maybe, in the beginning, there was nothing funny, so funny had to be plucked off the apple tree to make it all worth the experiment once sex proved to bring as much trouble as it did consolation.

Maybe, just maybe, that tree should have been limited to apples.

Rob

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Brexit Encore
« Reply #1369 on: October 28, 2019, 08:33:15 pm »

What's going to happen in GB during the three month extension granted by the EU commission?  Did the EU blink? 

LesPalenik

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5338
    • advantica blog
Re: Brexit Encore
« Reply #1370 on: October 28, 2019, 09:47:18 pm »

There may be nothing funny about living in Israel, though. Not much funny I can remember about living in Scotland, either, and Mallorca suddenly lost its charm on Wednesday, sailing off into the sunset with my watch in its pocket.

Rob

The tougher the life in a certain country, the better the jokes. Many good jokes came from the old Soviet Union.
Logged

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Brexit Encore
« Reply #1371 on: October 28, 2019, 10:51:25 pm »

You have to laugh at yourself when things are the toughest. You can't take yourself seriously.  Otherwise you might blow your brains out. 

Slobodan Blagojevic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18208
  • When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Brexit Encore
« Reply #1372 on: October 29, 2019, 01:17:48 pm »

You have to laugh at yourself when things are the toughest. You can't take yourself seriously.  Otherwise you might blow your brains out. 

Alan Klein

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 15850
    • Flicker photos
Re: Brexit Encore
« Reply #1373 on: October 29, 2019, 02:36:42 pm »

I think we beat this to death.  I'm signing off to get on with life.  Carry on.  :)

jeremyrh

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2514
Re: Brexit Encore
« Reply #1374 on: October 29, 2019, 03:22:52 pm »

I think we beat this to death.  I'm signing off to get on with life.  Carry on.  :)

If you want to leave all you have to do is leave - no need to announce it to the world!
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25127
Re: Brexit Encore
« Reply #1375 on: October 30, 2019, 10:12:19 am »

If you want to leave all you have to do is leave - no need to announce it to the world!

As if the world gave a shit!

;-)

Slobodan Blagojevic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18208
  • When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Brexit Encore
« Reply #1376 on: October 31, 2019, 10:29:20 am »

It is Halloween here in the States, so...

jeremyrh

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2514
Re: Brexit Encore
« Reply #1377 on: October 31, 2019, 03:45:56 pm »

I see The Trumpkin has been poking his nose into British politics in an interview with Farridge. I suppose he imagines he's helping his pal Boris, but I can't help thinking he's helping set up Labour's most convincing election argument - "Keep Trump's Little Hands Off Our NHS"
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25127
Re: Brexit Encore
« Reply #1378 on: November 01, 2019, 10:40:04 am »

I see The Trumpkin has been poking his nose into British politics in an interview with Farridge. I suppose he imagines he's helping his pal Boris, but I can't help thinking he's helping set up Labour's most convincing election argument - "Keep Trump's Little Hands Off Our NHS"

Considering the distrust with which many Brits view Mr T, it is a little bit of a poisoned chalice to be lauded by that person pre elections.

I saw some polls on Sky News that indicated the age divide on Brexit is even more polarized than I had imagined, with those for whom the better part of life has long past being in favour of leaving the EU, while those younger, having more for which to dream and strive, more likely to wish to remain within the broader catchment area.

On balance, it makes me wonder if there really is any friendship between T and BoJo. Or, whether the former has no idea of (or interest in) his standing outwith the US Republican world.

And to think these guys are supposedly la crème de la crème of our respective countries.

Let's hope 2020 brings better. Yeah, fairies and like that.

;-(

Robert Roaldi

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5514
    • Robert's Photos
Re: Brexit Encore
« Reply #1379 on: November 01, 2019, 04:23:50 pm »


And to think these guys are supposedly la crème de la crème of our respective countries.


Surely not.
Logged
--
Robert
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 75   Go Up