Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: So where is the new Phase One body  (Read 53868 times)

gwhitf

Re: So where is the new Phase One body
« Reply #180 on: May 31, 2015, 11:00:31 pm »

At the very moment that Mr. Peterson was photographed choking his puppy in Denmark, and we open the case of who actually removed the Advance Photos/Specs of the new Phase camera, the U.S. Senate is voting on a bill limiting spying abilities of the NSA.

Coincidence? I certainly think not.

I wish Phase the very best with their new release.

Manoli

« Reply #181 on: June 01, 2015, 06:02:12 am »

...  or downgrade from an Iphone to Phase and have to hold that huge box ...

Edmund,

I'm sure you're mistaken, the new body is styled by Pininfarina - isn't it ?

M

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #183 on: June 01, 2015, 08:47:58 am »

Manoli,

The new XF doesn't seem to be evoking a lot of enthusiasm here, which I find surprising, especially if it were a Pininfarina design -
Total calm rather than preannouncement fever. Or maybe all the potential customers are on the phone with their dealers -negotiating upgrades -and have no time for the forum. I do think Phase One have worked very hard on this product for a very long time, and this is the place where we should be seeing a lot of enthusiasm.

Edmund
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:10:37 am by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

cyron123

« Reply #184 on: June 01, 2015, 09:36:47 am »

But what is final now? Nothing!

I think the edge design is not everybodies darling...But first this is a tool and not an sculpture. And i hope the low res pictures on photorumor don't show the full beautiness of the new camera. We will see in the final product...
best

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #185 on: June 01, 2015, 09:46:41 am »

Manoli,

The new XF doesn't seem to be evoking a lot of enthusiasm here, which I find surprising, especially if it were a Pininfarina design -
Total calm rather than preannouncement fever. Or maybe all the potential customers are on the phone with their dealers -negotiating upgrades -and have no time for the forum. I do think Phase One have worked very hard on this product for a very long time, and this is the place where we should be seeing a lot of enthusiasm.

Edmund

I think a LOT of actual (real) Phase One MFDB users would disagree with you here.  Unless you have a Phase One MFDB or are truly about to invest in medium format digital----the new Phase One camera body won't have much appeal other than intellectual (and often less than intellectual) gyrations similar to those reading Car & Driver who will never come closer to a supercar than viewing on the glossy pages of their favored publication or on the internet.

But from what I've seen on this thread and elsewhere, your commentary is very predictable.   ::)

That's just my .02 from an actual Phase One user---- no puppy needed.

;) ken

PaulSchneider

« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2015, 10:24:00 am »

So when is the official announcement?

I find the marketing strategy of Phase One sub-par. With such an important announcement coming up, they should ve made some more marketing noise before to leverage the potential hype. A countdown on the website for example.

Instead they rely on their distributors to post in user forums.

Hope the news are exciting and prices fair...

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #187 on: June 01, 2015, 10:24:23 am »

I for one don't care what it looks like just so long as it works well and fits my needs (which it appears to).

Reminds me of my youth, I never went to bed with an ugly woman.  Woke up with a couple though... ;D

Manoli

« Reply #188 on: June 01, 2015, 10:26:16 am »

Unless you have a Phase One MFDB or are truly about to invest in medium format digital----the new Phase One camera body won't have much appeal other than intellectual ..

On the contrary, it's been such a long time coming that I suspect there's a lot more than just intellectual curiosity at play.

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #189 on: June 01, 2015, 10:32:04 am »

I think a LOT of actual (real) Phase One MFDB users would disagree with you here.  Unless you have a Phase One MFDB or are truly about to invest in medium format digital----the new Phase One camera body won't have much appeal other than intellectual (and often less than intellectual) gyrations similar to those reading Car & Driver who will never come closer to a supercar than viewing on the glossy pages of their favored publication or on the internet.

But from what I've seen on this thread and elsewhere, your commentary is very predictable.   ::)

That's just my .02 from an actual Phase One user---- no puppy needed.

;) ken

+1
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

sgilbert

« Reply #190 on: June 01, 2015, 11:17:24 am »

There sure seems to be a lack of excitement here:  Edmund doesn't seem to be buying one of the new cameras.

I don't see how Phase One can expect to succeed unless they can win over the troll demographic.

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #191 on: June 01, 2015, 12:02:23 pm »

This has gone down hill fast.

The good news is that after the long wait we have not only a new camera body to ogle at, we also have 3-new digital backs.  I'm certain that like always we'll pick everything apart not understanding that there never has and never will be a "perfect" camera for everyone.  If you don't like it fine - no one is forcing anyone to buy it.  If you like it and can afford the price of admission then buy it and use it for what it is.  A tool.

This happens every time a new camera is released.  It's either the death of MF or the worst thing that could happen.  This also lasts for a couple weeks while spreading hundreds of pages on various threads.  And don't forget all the goofy grafts and "sample" images backing up the ideas.  For once I'd like not to see this however I guess it's the nature of the beast.

From my own personal perspective - I see enough in the leaks to make me like the camera body knowing full well it'll have some quirks and warts that will need to be ironed out.  I like this well enough to be bothering my dealer to find out how soon I can order it.

Joe Towner

« Reply #192 on: June 01, 2015, 01:00:38 pm »

If the UI on the body allows for lots of straight forward button assignments it'll help immensely.  I'm interested to see if the light meter works with the waist level viewfinder, unlike the H body.

I also like the idea they dropped the 40mp backs, but it has downsides in there isn't a new $13k kit (in addition to others).  Come on Phase, just announce it :D

-Joe
t: @PNWMF

Chris Livsey

« Reply #193 on: June 01, 2015, 01:26:47 pm »

there isn't a new $13k kit (in addition to others). 

What an actual price announcement. Here in the UK we need to resort to a Freedom of Information Act request to get prices on Phase backs from new.

eronald

« Reply #194 on: June 01, 2015, 07:16:16 pm »

What an actual price announcement. Here in the UK we need to resort to a Freedom of Information Act request to get prices on Phase backs from new.

There are now EIGHT ( 8 ) Phase digital backs listed on the first page of the For Sale forum, so someone must know something about upgrade pricing and compatibility ...

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

eronald

« Reply #195 on: June 01, 2015, 08:04:34 pm »

Damn Edmund,

Your such a little french troublemaker.  

You bitch and moan about where is the camera and now your find the for sale section to illustrate a problem.

Hand it to them.  They came out with a modern medium format camera in a very, very, very changing world and even dropped a waist level finder on it.

They did what Zeiss wouldn't do and made a modern contax.

If you ask me it takes Balls and btw:  how's your digital back project coming along?

BC

J,

I'm the first to say we need to *see* and *use* the new Phase camera before we can bitch about it.
 Phase have taken years to make it, they deserve the benefit of doubt, exactly like Pentax deserved the benefit of doubt when they brought out their MF digital after years of showing around an unfinished prototype in a glass case.
 My remark about the for sale section is that clearly some upgrade pricing and compatibility info has been leaking, or else there wouldn't be such a huge batch of backs for sale on that one page.
 As for my own MF stuff, find me a decent sensor source that will work with me, and we'll talk about it. But don't worry, someone will bring back the view cameras before we're all dead. The plastic sheet-sensor is coming. Anyway, I'm world champion of unfinished projects. This one cost me a good friend who made me really angry by delaying me when I had time to work.
 Regarding Zeiss and the Contax, word is that Zeiss desperately tried and tried to get it back but Kyocera for some reason just wouldn't hear of it; the camera line died because it was a preceding Kyocera CEO's pet project and was stopped when he left - or died, I cannot remember.

Edmund
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 08:16:19 pm by eronald »

Kagetsu

• Refractive Labs
« Reply #196 on: June 01, 2015, 08:41:16 pm »

I just want that body... I looks to meet the requirements I need, and hopefully the AF is good enough.

Looking at the front of the camera itself, the assist light seems to be white, instead of infrared like the Df and DF+, so I'm hoping that's a sign it's moving into an AF arena closer to the Hasselblad camera.

I just hope they make the body backwards compatible with at least all the modern digital backs.

sgilbert

« Reply #197 on: June 01, 2015, 09:00:50 pm »

"I'm the first to say we need to *see* and *use* the new Phase camera before we can bitch about it."

Funny, really funny. 

eronald

« Reply #198 on: June 01, 2015, 09:13:16 pm »

"I'm the first to say we need to *see* and *use* the new Phase camera before we can bitch about it."

Funny, really funny.  

As it is not a Df+ retread, and as it has finally appeared... I think one needs to look at it before bashing it.
I think this thread is now obsolete so I'm locking it.
The place to go is here.

Edmund

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:24:45 pm by eronald »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up