Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: So where is the new Phase One body  (Read 53824 times)

ciccio

Re: So where is the new Phase One body
« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2015, 11:52:15 am »

that is why they only react when the time is on our side, the photographers , when we are planning
 TO BUY.....
only money count in this world even in a passionate forum of photography.
they are client of the forum as they advertise , freedom...
as you said ridiculous !
best.

gwhitf

« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2015, 12:24:57 pm »

Waist level finder is nice. Will be a great tethering camera for the studio/advertising. Price will be premium I'm sure. But kudos to PhaseOne for hanging in there.

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2015, 01:08:49 pm »

that is why they only react when the time is on our side, the photographers , when we are planning
 TO BUY.....
only money count in this world even in a passionate forum of photography.
they are client of the forum as they advertise , freedom...
as you said ridiculous !
best.

If Doug (Peterson, I presume) and David (Grover, I presume) requested the banner be removed, there are reasons. Neither the manufacturer nor the dealer wants information leaked in advance on a major new product (at least in this case), and there can be valid reasons for that, one of which is that they are preparing and this pushed things up in the timetable, also creates the potential for misinformation.

But from the user perspective, who doesn't like to provide breaking news or leaked news? I like to read about new products as much as anyone, and the sooner I can find out, the better!

However, my main point is that I see nothing wrong with a dealer or - especially - a manufacturer requesting leaked information be removed in advance of a launch. However, they cannot force anyone to do so. And removing it was the decision of the poster. So - I disagree with attaching blame to the manufacturer/dealer.

Steve Hendrix
CI
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2015, 01:28:10 pm »

Geesh. You'd think I strangled a puppy or something.

I politely asked for Void to take down some confidential material. He was of course free to decline, but chose to remove it. (Thanks Void!).

I'll see you all back here at the chosen hour. I'm sure Steve, David Grover, and Kevin will be around as well. Lots to talk about.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 01:32:35 pm by Doug Peterson »

voidshatter

« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2015, 01:40:28 pm »

I politely asked for Void to take down some confidential material. He was of course free to decline, but chose to remove it. (Thanks Void!).

I'll see you all back here at the chosen hour. I'm sure Steve, David Grover, and Kevin will be around as well. Lots to talk about.

I assumed you'd offer a special upgrade price for a puppy  ;D 8) looking forward to see how well the "new" 80 MP back does long exposure. Hopefully it will be a full frame CMOS instead of a tweaked Dalsa with LE (such like the previous IQ260)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2015, 01:43:01 pm »

I assumed you'd offer a special upgrade price for a puppy  ;D 8) looking forward to see how well the "new" 80 MP back does long exposure. Hopefully it will be a full frame CMOS instead of a tweaked Dalsa with LE (such like the previous IQ260)

Same thoughts here. Hope they did a better job than on the 260 if it's a CCD which I am betting it is.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

voidshatter

« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2015, 01:54:00 pm »

Same thoughts here. Hope they did a better job than on the 260 if it's a CCD which I am betting it is.

Paul

If it's still a CCD then it's not likely that I'm buying it - high chance that there is a physical limitation that the dynamic range will still be at Canon level.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 02:07:21 pm by voidshatter »

jduncan

« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2015, 02:33:27 pm »

Sorry but this is utter nonsense.

Pulling posts and/or graphics at the request of a dealer, whose sole aim is to be first to post the official stuff and drive traffic to their own site?

Ridiculous.

I don't know that we have proff, but it will not be surprising. Phase One and the Luminous Landscape always had a very special relationship. It goes from friendships to professional relationship.
I will not be surprised if someone at Lula was under a non disclosure agreement thus the need to keep it quiet.  Even if publishing information that was obtain in violation of a NDA is not illegal per se:who wants to deal with layers and  convoluted Legal theories? Even more so if it will risk damaging a relationship that has been so productive in both directions.

Finally if there is no NDA and no legal risk, it will be a case of catering to a friend needs.

If it was an information that will put Photographers at risk the criteria will change.
If we already know, and the information will be released in few days: It worth the cost to Lula?
I don't think so.

Best regards.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:27:40 am by jduncan »
english is not my first language, an I k

jduncan

« Reply #168 on: May 31, 2015, 02:39:36 pm »

Sorry but this is utter nonsense.

Pulling posts and/or graphics at the request of a dealer, whose sole aim is to be first to post the official stuff and drive traffic to their own site?

Ridiculous.

I don't know that we have proff, but it will not be surprising. Phase One and the Luminous Landscape always had a very special relationship. It goes from friendships to professional relationship.
I will not be surprised if someone at Lula was under a non disclosure agreement since the need to keep it quiet.  Even if not publishing information that was obtain in violation of a NDA is not illegal per se, but who wants to deal with layers and  convoluted Legal theories? Even more so if it will risk damaging a relationship that has been so productive in both directions.

Finally if there is no NDA and no legal risk, it will be a case of catering to a friend needs.

If it was an information that will put Photographers at risk the criteria will change.
If we already know, and the information will be released in few days: It worth the cost to Lula?
I don't think so.

Best regards.
english is not my first language, an I k

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #169 on: May 31, 2015, 03:28:01 pm »

Um, I think it was made pretty clear that the original poster took the photos down---not LuLa or Phase One.

Doug offered a puppy, and the original poster voluntarily took it down. He didn't need to, but it's hard to turn down a puppy.

;)

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #170 on: May 31, 2015, 03:48:01 pm »

I really hope there is a competent upgrade offer for DF+ owners and that the older backs would work on the new body. Also that the said offer would be available in Europe.
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

amsp

« Reply #171 on: May 31, 2015, 04:19:45 pm »

Let's hope the functionality was worth the wait, because that extremely boxy design and sharp edges makes it look very dated in my opinion. It reminds me of the old "645 Super", which is not exactly a step in the right direction.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #172 on: May 31, 2015, 05:16:21 pm »

Just a matter of record.  The posts were removed by the original poster.  Luminous-Landscape did not take them down, nor did we ask them to be removed.  It is not a Luminous-Landscape policy to remove or change anything in regards to posts unless there is something offensive or damaging in nature. 

Kevin Raber

Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

ciccio

« Reply #173 on: May 31, 2015, 05:35:19 pm »

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #174 on: May 31, 2015, 05:41:08 pm »

No puppy for you.

:'(

sgilbert

« Reply #175 on: May 31, 2015, 05:50:25 pm »

I guess there's a lesson here:  the only thing worse than failing to announce a new camera is announcing one. 

Either that, or there's something about the internet ....

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #176 on: May 31, 2015, 07:28:26 pm »

Doug,

I am very happy to have started a thread at just the right time, by pure coincidence. Of course, I was so very wrong, neither you or Steve ever, really really, stated, hinted or even thought loudly that a new body was coming. I realize that now.

I am sure I speak for all the members of this forum when I say that we impatiently look forward to your forthcoming announcement of the latest and bestest Phase gear, and the compatibility notes concerning existing backs, pricing, and I guess details on competitive upgrade pricing for the owners of Canon and Nikon cameras as well as Apple iPhone users.

And photographic proof of life of that puppy, by means of the new Phase camera ;)

Edmund

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 08:01:15 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #177 on: May 31, 2015, 09:14:35 pm »

...I guess details on competitive upgrade pricing for the owners of ... Apple iPhone users.

I hope that includes the iPhone 4s...

Cheers,
Bernard

Joe Towner

« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2015, 09:22:15 pm »

It will be really interesting, especially would hope they do another World Tour ;)  I wonder how quickly they'll have new bits in the POCP since I need to renew end of next month...
t: @PNWMF

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2015, 10:20:14 pm »

I hope that includes the iPhone 4s...

Cheers,
Bernard

I know, Bernard, it is a horrible choice: Downgrade from a D810/Zeiss combo to Phase/Schneider or upgrade from an Iphone to Phase and have to hold that huge box to your ears to make calls.

Oh, wait, the new Phase body does not do voice calls?

Edmund
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:09:21 am by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up