Of coure they're better,
but reality isn't really like that. We're not always in our basement studio.
We carry our equipement on archeology sites, to old collectors in their even older castles, with centuries old wooden floors. Sometimes I just drive to a gallerist to take 5 paintings, in 1 hour and to drive back by time for the next shooting. So the 1-shot solution is a very good one. Last year I did a huge chinese porcelain collection in 16 hours. The collector and his gallerist were a bit sceptical: "Sir, last time, the photographer did 16 shots to a picture." Yeah, sure, but then I have to stay a week.
The perfect solution would be to have scanning back, a multi-shot, a 80MP back, a view camera and a DSLR available, all the time. For a 1 person studio, this is simply not possible. A 60-80 MP back can get a lot of thing done.
Tom