Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 56   Go Down

Author Topic: Fun with medium format images  (Read 306867 times)

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
Re: Fun with medium format (Artsy thread)
« Reply #120 on: December 27, 2014, 12:11:35 pm »

Not sure if this qualifies for Artsy or not but here it goes anyways ;) :  Castle Eilean Donan, 645DF+, IQ260, 40-80mm @ 65mm, ISO 50, 10sec, f/6.3, 3 images focus stacked... (click on image for larger view)

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
« Reply #121 on: December 27, 2014, 02:34:29 pm »

I am not the original poster but I reckon that, if this topic is to have some relevance, the images posted should have obvious artsy-ness that takes them beyond the images posted in the Non-professional work topic. Some building pics have been posted in this topic which I consider belong to the Non-professional work topic because I could not see any degree of artsy-ness about them, competent though they were as images.

But, your image is, in my opinion, a really impressive artsy image and truly qualifies to be exhibited under this topic. Well done!

I would like to see only images with obvious artsy-ness posted under this topic in future. There are other topics in this forum for non-artsy images!
Roger

Not sure if this qualifies for Artsy or not but here it goes anyways ;) :  Castle Eilean Donan, 645DF+, IQ260, 40-80mm @ 65mm, ISO 50, 10sec, f/6.3, 3 images focus stacked... (click on image for larger view)
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2014, 02:39:36 pm »

Hi,

I am the OP, this thread was intended to be artsy in the sense that should be about images and not techniques. Really, I just wanted to start a thread about images. (I removed the "Artsy thread" and replaced with "images"), my privilege as OP.

Best regards
Erik

I am not the original poster but I reckon that, if this topic is to have some relevance, the images posted should have obvious artsy-ness that takes them beyond the images posted in the Non-professional work topic. Some building pics have been posted in this topic which I consider belong to the Non-professional work topic because I could not see any degree of artsy-ness about them, competent though they were as images.

But, your image is, in my opinion, a really impressive artsy image and truly qualifies to be exhibited under this topic. Well done!

I would like to see only images with obvious artsy-ness posted under this topic in future. There are other topics in this forum for non-artsy images!
Roger

« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 02:41:44 pm by ErikKaffehr »
Erik Kaffehr

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
« Reply #123 on: December 27, 2014, 03:04:19 pm »

I'm confused. The topic has "Artsy thread" in its title even though you say you removed it and, if you just wanted to throw up images, what's wrong with using the Non-professional works topic?

If you offer choices without clear distinctions, people tend not to participate because they cannot decide which choice is for them!
Roger

Hi,

I am the OP, this thread was intended to be artsy in the sense that should be about images and not techniques. Really, I just wanted to start a thread about images. (I removed the "Artsy thread" and replaced with "images"), my privilege as OP.

Best regards
Erik

Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #124 on: December 27, 2014, 03:31:10 pm »

Hi,

I wanted to demonstrate that it was easy to start a new thread discussing images, and I feel that we got some great images. I can put back the artsy stuff, or if you have some better suggestion I would be glad to use it.

Best regards
Erik

I'm confused. The topic has "Artsy thread" in its title even though you say you removed it and, if you just wanted to throw up images, what's wrong with using the Non-professional works topic?

If you offer choices without clear distinctions, people tend not to participate because they cannot decide which choice is for them!
Roger

Erik Kaffehr

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2014, 03:45:22 pm »

Hi,

I wanted to demonstrate that it was easy to start a new thread discussing images, and I feel that we got some great images. I can put back the artsy stuff, or if you have some better suggestion I would be glad to use it.

Best regards
Erik

Erik, don't swallow the red herring, just keep posting. I love the blue water ...

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2014, 04:09:33 pm »

Roger, I can't speak for the original poster, but if you go to this thankfully-locked thread:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=95456.0

and read as much as you  can stand, I think you might get an idea why the ongoing thread exists.

Jim

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2014, 06:10:26 pm »

Thanks, Jim, for the background.

I think I understand the intention of the OP better and will suggest he changes the title to make his intention clearer.
Roger

Roger, I can't speak for the original poster, but if you go to this thankfully-locked thread:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=95456.0

and read as much as you  can stand, I think you might get an idea why the ongoing thread exists.

Jim

Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2014, 06:13:30 pm »

Eric, I think the confusion is in the title which is "Fun with medium format (Artsy thread)". The use of the word "artsy" to my mind means some boundaries (whether in subject matter or processing) have been deliberately pushed beyond the norm (if there is such a thing).

I now think you wanted your topic to allow images to be posted without discussions about technical matters. That is, you wanted to get members to just focus on posting images.

If that is the case, why not rename the topic to "Images without technical discussion" or "Post your images without worrying about the technical bits" or "Post your images just for fun" (that is my preferred suggestion)?

Above all, delete "artsy" from the title.
Roger

Hi,

Best regards
Erik

Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

eronald

« Reply #129 on: December 27, 2014, 06:22:09 pm »

Eric,
Above all, delete "artsy" from the title.
Roger

It lives! the red herring climbs back out of the trash! ;)
Erik, I think your pictures and the subject line are quite ok.
Just keep posting ... pictures :)

Edmund
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 06:57:12 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2014, 07:22:54 pm »

I've always wanted to post this.
Roger
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
Re: Fun with medium format images
« Reply #131 on: December 27, 2014, 07:29:54 pm »

Edmund, if this forum is more about posting images than discussion, all of your posts seem out of place to me.

Why not post some images instead?
Roger
(LOL and well wrapped up in flame-proof clothes)

It lives! the red herring climbs back out of the rubbish bin  :)
Erik, I think your pictures and the subject line are quite ok.
Just keep posting ... pictures :)

Edmund
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

Chris Livsey

« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2014, 05:08:21 am »

Fun film sent to me from Canada nominally 12iso document film Ortho well OOD but look at that colour!!

P20

eronald

« Reply #133 on: December 28, 2014, 08:43:54 am »

Writer at work -

Edmund

tsjanik

« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2014, 11:52:43 pm »

I like threads with pictures.    Here's one from a very cold winter. 

_IGP0281 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2014, 03:13:44 pm »

Hi,

I am a bit struggling with my latest P45+ images, here is a Pentax 67 image from the old times:

This was shot on Provia and scanned on a Minolta Dimage Scan Multi Pro.

Here is a modern version of that subject shot on a Sony Alpha 99 SLT, as I didn't carry my Hasselblad on that walk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_north_faces_of_the_Alps

Best regards
Erik
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 04:03:49 pm by ErikKaffehr »
Erik Kaffehr

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2014, 03:58:23 pm »

Keith,

I tried, but it seems not to work on the subject line.

Best regards
Erik

Erik, I like that you jettisoned the Artsy bit. Perhaps you could underline Fun?
Erik Kaffehr

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
« Reply #137 on: December 30, 2014, 07:10:10 pm »

Here's one from yesterday and my Sigma Merrill DP2—"Beached Bones".
Roger
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

tsjanik

« Reply #138 on: December 30, 2014, 11:16:42 pm »

Hi,

I am a bit struggling with my latest P45+ images, here is a Pentax 67 image from the old times:

This was shot on Provia and scanned on a Minolta Dimage Scan Multi Pro.

Here is a modern version of that subject shot on a Sony Alpha 99 SLT, as I didn't carry my Hasselblad on that walk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_north_faces_of_the_Alps

Best regards
Erik

Hi Erik:

Those images make a good case for using film  ;D

Tom

P.S. Roger, I just bought a DPM2.  Amazing files, but why would you post in a MF thread?

araucaria

« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2014, 09:17:31 am »

Pentax 67ii + 105 2.4 @ 2.4
portra 400 with tetenal c-41 presskit, first tries with my DIY dslr scanning setup.

I've also given Erik's slide a try. I hope you don't mind ;)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 56   Go Up