Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gallery of images of the Guinness Storehouse captured on a Sony A7r  (Read 8054 times)

K.C.

Re: Gallery of images of the Guinness Storehouse captured on a Sony A7r
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2014, 11:37:50 pm »

Interesting work. The interiors, particularly the first one above, border on looking like CGI to me. The exteriors don't have that look.

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2014, 06:59:04 am »

Interesting work. The interiors, particularly the first one above, border on looking like CGI to me. The exteriors don't have that look.

Is that because CGI's try to look like architectural photos? ;)

Telecaster

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2014, 05:00:00 pm »

Ok I uploaded the slideshow again using prophoto. Images look much better and crisper. Although for some reason they colours are still garish in chrome. Also enabled for retina.

Ah, the color seems calmer now on my iPad. Still I quite liked 'em as they were originally.

-Dave-

stever

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2014, 12:57:19 am »

love the images (I'm a sucker for tanks, pipes, industrial processes)

going to Ireland for the first time next fall and have put the Storehouse on the itinerary - any other recommendations?

Enda Cavanagh

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2014, 09:40:49 am »

Thanks Steve.
How much time will you have in Ireland? Do you want to stay in Dublin or will you rent a car and do a bit of driving?

alatreille

• Between the Buildings
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 09:58:09 pm »

Hi Ed,

Great images of an iconic building.  I feel the texture of the space and age of the process in these photographs!

Question for you as an AP considering heading the A7r route.....Have you encountered any instances of the the shutter induced vibration noted by others?
I'm assuming you made these with the Canon TSE's?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Andrew
Architectural Photographer
http://www.andrewlatreille.com

Enda Cavanagh

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2014, 03:39:35 pm »

Hi Ed,

Great images of an iconic building.  I feel the texture of the space and age of the process in these photographs!

Question for you as an AP considering heading the A7r route.....Have you encountered any instances of the the shutter induced vibration noted by others?
I'm assuming you made these with the Canon TSE's?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Andrew

Not yet Andrew. I have been using the camera in pretty low light situations most of the time so I am shooting at different shutter speeds slower than the problem shutters speeds highlighted by others.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 04:23:17 pm »

Hi Enda,

Great images! You talked about a gallery but I didn't find it. Would love to see those images large and on dark background!

Best regards
Erik

Not yet Andrew. I have been using the camera in pretty low light situations most of the time so I am shooting at different shutter speeds slower than the problem shutters speeds highlighted by others.
Erik Kaffehr

Enda Cavanagh

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 04:48:35 pm »

Hi Enda,

Great images! You talked about a gallery but I didn't find it. Would love to see those images large and on dark background!

Best regards
Erik

Thanks Erik. There was a link to the post with the full gallery of images in the original post. If you click on the bottom image in the blog it will start the slideshow. Click on the full screen icon on the right of the thumbnails and as per your request young man young man I have a black background. :D In case you can't find the link Here it is to save to a bit of hassle. http://blog.endacavanagh.com/guinness-storehouse-st-jamess-gate/

stever

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2014, 07:39:07 pm »

should have been more specific - we're planning a 2 week trip with 2 days in Dublin then picking up a car then heading to Knowth, etc then up to Rathmullen and vicinity then few days down thru Sligo and Mayo and on to the Dingle Penninsula then staying a night each in Kinsale and Wicklow before leaving from Dublin.

Particularly interested in the really old ruins, some nice little towns, and beautiful/interesting landscapes.

thanks - and thanks again for the gallery

alatreille

• Between the Buildings
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2014, 12:09:10 am »

Thanks Ed.

Sounds like you've been enjoying the camera though!

Best
Andrew

Enda Cavanagh

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2014, 08:15:57 am »

Thanks Ed.

Sounds like you've been enjoying the camera though!

Best
Andrew

I sure have and who's Ed?  ;D

Enda Cavanagh

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2014, 08:39:08 am »

should have been more specific - we're planning a 2 week trip with 2 days in Dublin then picking up a car then heading to Knowth, etc then up to Rathmullen and vicinity then few days down thru Sligo and Mayo and on to the Dingle Penninsula then staying a night each in Kinsale and Wicklow before leaving from Dublin.

Particularly interested in the really old ruins, some nice little towns, and beautiful/interesting landscapes.

thanks - and thanks again for the gallery

Ya you will love Newgrange. Do you mean Rathmullan in Donegal. I've never been to Rathmullan but Donegal is beautiful. You've got Glenveagh National Park and the best beaches in the Counrty. Great for walking and photography. Falcaragh beach is stunning. As is Bloody Foreland, the Slieve League cliffs and Mount Errigal. Glencolmcille is a lovely village in a stunning setting.

I'm from Sligo originally. Ben Bulben Mountain is lovely. We've got great beaches too. Strandhill, Rosses Point and Enniscrone are great. You can get a seaweed bath in Strandhill! Supposed to be amazing  :D The area around Ben Bulben is very nice. You can drive to Glencar Waterfall. and you can drop into the Yeats Tavern. My cousin Damien runs it ;D It's just a couple of hundred meters from WB Yeats grave. Talking of Yeats you could do the Lough Gill drive and check out Parkes castle.

Mayo is lovely. Westport in Mayo propably pips Dingle for me as my favourite town in the country. People are really chilled out and it's a great place to stay. It's surrounded by lovely countryside. You can drive past the famous Croagh Patrick, past Louisburgh, and on to the stunning drive past Doo Lough and on to Killary Harbour. You can drive onto Connemara in Galway which is lovely or else take the diagonal road that brings you back to Westport where you will see some lovely mountain and forest scenery. Connemara is well worth a visit if you have the time.

The scenery in County Kerry is the most spectacular in the country. The Dingle pensisula with, Dingle, Coumeenole Beach, Cloghar Head, Slea Head and Dunmore Head, The Connor Pass, Mount Brandaon are all stunning. The Ring of Kerry (the next peninsula down) would need another day or 2. The scenery is stunning there. Loads to see . The lakes of Killarney, the many forests, the old Kenmare Killarney road (which you can just walk) Muckross House and walk, Torc waterfall, Sneem, Kenmare town, the ladies view, the Black valley.

The area around Kinsale is great. Kinsale is fab for fish. The whole drive along the coast to Schull, Ballydehob is well worth a drive. The towns in Cork are great as is Cork city itself. The Cork people are great craic so you should have a lot of fun.

I hope that will keep you busy. There's loads to see and do.

stever

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2014, 09:28:43 am »

many thanks Enda - we're looking forward to the trip

alatreille

• Between the Buildings
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2014, 03:04:30 pm »

The talking horse...
Opps -  ;D

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2014, 03:11:16 pm »

Hi,

Thanks for hints!

Best regards
Erik

Ya you will love Newgrange. Do you mean Rathmullan in Donegal. I've never been to Rathmullan but Donegal is beautiful. You've got Glenveagh National Park and the best beaches in the Counrty. Great for walking and photography. Falcaragh beach is stunning. As is Bloody Foreland, the Slieve League cliffs and Mount Errigal. Glencolmcille is a lovely village in a stunning setting.

I'm from Sligo originally. Ben Bulben Mountain is lovely. We've got great beaches too. Strandhill, Rosses Point and Enniscrone are great. You can get a seaweed bath in Strandhill! Supposed to be amazing  :D The area around Ben Bulben is very nice. You can drive to Glencar Waterfall. and you can drop into the Yeats Tavern. My cousin Damien runs it ;D It's just a couple of hundred meters from WB Yeats grave. Talking of Yeats you could do the Lough Gill drive and check out Parkes castle.

Mayo is lovely. Westport in Mayo propably pips Dingle for me as my favourite town in the country. People are really chilled out and it's a great place to stay. It's surrounded by lovely countryside. You can drive past the famous Croagh Patrick, past Louisburgh, and on to the stunning drive past Doo Lough and on to Killary Harbour. You can drive onto Connemara in Galway which is lovely or else take the diagonal road that brings you back to Westport where you will see some lovely mountain and forest scenery. Connemara is well worth a visit if you have the time.

The scenery in County Kerry is the most spectacular in the country. The Dingle pensisula with, Dingle, Coumeenole Beach, Cloghar Head, Slea Head and Dunmore Head, The Connor Pass, Mount Brandaon are all stunning. The Ring of Kerry (the next peninsula down) would need another day or 2. The scenery is stunning there. Loads to see . The lakes of Killarney, the many forests, the old Kenmare Killarney road (which you can just walk) Muckross House and walk, Torc waterfall, Sneem, Kenmare town, the ladies view, the Black valley.

The area around Kinsale is great. Kinsale is fab for fish. The whole drive along the coast to Schull, Ballydehob is well worth a drive. The towns in Cork are great as is Cork city itself. The Cork people are great craic so you should have a lot of fun.

I hope that will keep you busy. There's loads to see and do.
Erik Kaffehr

Enda Cavanagh

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2014, 08:09:41 pm »

The talking horse...
Opps -  ;D

I used to love the reruns of that show as a kid  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up