Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac  (Read 9517 times)

bjanes

Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2014, 08:17:40 am »

What about Slideshow module in LR? I do not have much experience with it, but isn't it capable of adding such info?

Slobodon,

An excellent suggestion. I will give it a try.

Thanks,

Bill

bjanes

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2014, 08:39:55 am »

Incidentally, when you go into fullscreen mode (ie hit F in Lr5), the info overlay isn't available on Windows either.

John

John,

That is incorrect. See my post #4 above.

Bill

bjanes

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2014, 08:52:18 am »

Guessing I' not understanding what the issue is ... I thought what I described is what your screen capture showed earlier.

Here's the screen capture from my Mac in full screen mode ...isn't this what you are trying to do?

Wayne,

I suspect that you are not in full screen view but rather in Loupe with relatively high zoom factor, as Francois indicated above. On my Mac, hitting CMD+J in full screen brings up the View Info dialog, but it is not visible, hidden by the image and there is no response to use of the shortcut key I. If one goes back to Loupe with shortcut key L, the dialog is visible and one can cycle through the info screens by hitting I.

Bill

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2014, 08:58:38 am »

John,
That is incorrect. See my post #4 above.
Bill

Bill, I've checked again and you are correct about Windows.

John

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2014, 09:24:33 am »

I've just checked on my Mac too and confirm that "I" doesn't seem to work in full screen "F" mode.

If slideshow isn't suitable, try an "almost full screen mode". Shift+Tab hides the side panels, and T hides the toolbar.

John

Eyeball

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2014, 09:37:14 am »

Incidentally, when you go into fullscreen mode (ie hit F in Lr5), the info overlay isn't available on Windows either.

Yes it is.  It just may not always appear consistently and may need "priming" as I described in my earlier post.  I was able to get it both in Library and Develop modes with the F key.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2014, 09:46:05 am »

Yeah, I already accepted I was wrong about Windows.

Eyeball

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2014, 09:50:37 am »

Yeah, I already accepted I was wrong about Windows.

Sorry.  I missed page 2.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2014, 09:59:32 am »

Again, I've already conceded I was wrong. I'm going to edit that post!

Eyeball

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2014, 10:33:23 am »

Again, I've already conceded I was wrong. I'm going to edit that post!

I was apologizing, John, if that wasn't clear.  I should have checked to make sure I was reading to the end of the thread.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2014, 10:51:22 am »

I was apologizing, John, if that wasn't clear.  I should have checked to make sure I was reading to the end of the thread.

Yes, it was totally clear, and there was no great need for you to apologize anyway. But someone else then corrected me again without reading the full thread, hence my "Again, I've already conceded I was wrong. I'm going to edit that post!" to him. It would all make sense if he hadn't removed his post....
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 11:16:11 am by john beardsworth »

bjanes

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2014, 11:22:51 am »

Thanks to all who have responded to my post. I posted in the Adobe Lightroom Forum, and users confirmed the problem with the Mac version of LR, and one reported that he reported this as a bug two versions ago and no correction has taken place, so I don't expect that it will be corrected anytime soon.

Bill

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2014, 12:45:48 pm »

...reported this as a bug two versions ago and no correction has taken place, so I don't expect that it will be corrected anytime soon.

Welcome to the Mac world! If Steve thinks you should have an uncluttered image in full-screen mode, uncluttered it is. It is not a bug, it is a feature. ;)

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2014, 05:24:54 pm »

Welcome to the Mac world! If Steve thinks you should have an uncluttered image in full-screen mode, uncluttered it is. It is not a bug, it is a feature. ;)

Honestly Slobodan, don't get started on this crap. This lack of a feature has nothing to do with what "Steve" thinks, even if he could direct things from the grave. It's something Adobe has failed to implement on Mac. It's totally an Adobe thing.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2014, 06:26:31 pm »

I sort of see, but not sure how this is a bug.  The "F" key shortcut is not a short cut to full screen mode.  The short cut to full screen mode is Command/ctrl shift F.  The F key shortcut is labeled "Full Screen Preview", and it's intent is it show the image full screen with nothing interfering.

Why the Windows version treats that differently I don't know, and I don't want to get into a debate of which is "right", but it easily could be argued the bug is in the windows version, as it is allowing something to interfere with the full screen "preview".

And I agree, I'm not sure why "steve" and "apple" are even be brought up in this discussion, as it's obviously an Adobe programming choice/bug, nothing to do with Steve or Apple  Steve probably never even used photoshop.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2014, 07:27:50 pm »

... I'm not sure why "steve" and "apple" are even be brought up in this discussion, as it's obviously an Adobe programming choice/bug, nothing to do with Steve or Apple  Steve probably never even used photoshop.

You guys are taking this thing too seriously. There was a winking smiley at the end of my post. For those humor-challenged, it should indicate, in a visual form, that the post should not be taken too seriously.

However, for the serious part, it shall be noted that, although it might be entirely Adobe's fault or intention, not Apple's, it does mimic Steve's ethos of simple and elegant solutions, even at the expense of extra customer's choice. Apple does have a record of imposing certain solutions they think are beneficial to the customer. And for the record, I am a Mac user and fan.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2014, 08:26:52 pm »

You guys are taking this thing too seriously. There was a winking smiley at the end of my post. For those humor-challenged, it should indicate, in a visual form, that the post should not be taken too seriously.

I assumed it was a jab at something humorous, just didn't really make any sense.  And at my age, that winking smiley looks pretty much the same as all the other smiley's people use, a yellow circle with some black stuff inside it. Really couldn't tell it was "winking". 

But for the record I agree with "steve" in this case ... I have no desire to see anything but my image when I pop into full screen preview.

bjanes

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2014, 11:26:06 pm »

I assumed it was a jab at something humorous, just didn't really make any sense.  And at my age, that winking smiley looks pretty much the same as all the other smiley's people use, a yellow circle with some black stuff inside it. Really couldn't tell it was "winking". 

But for the record I agree with "steve" in this case ... I have no desire to see anything but my image when I pop into full screen preview.

With the Windows full screen you still have that option. While in full screen, hit I 3 times to cycle through the views--no info, info 1 and info 2.

Bill

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2014, 12:50:59 am »

With the Windows full screen you still have that option. While in full screen, hit I 3 times to cycle through the views--no info, info 1 and info 2.

Bill
understood.  I think it was more an post about an "ah ha" moment, when I realized some of the confusion is because there are  2 Full Screen options, and the F key is a full screen preview which is different than full screen view (which I never use), so there is a little logic to that fact that it doesn't allow things to be put on the screen other than the image. If I have the overlay up and want full screen preview, I definitely want the info to be hidden, although I have no issue if the program allowed it afterwards like the windows version apparently does.

I"m not sure why one platform is different, whether it is a OS implementation thing, or more to do with the programming teams and their interpretation of their particular OS's interface, or just a bug (and as I said, it could be argued that the windows versions allowing might be considered the bug by some).

Personally I think I should be able to tweak the keystrokes much like photoshop so I can match my workflow. The first thing I do when installing photoshop is change the Fill command to be command - F, because I never use the fade command, and shift-F5 just doesn't work with how my machine is setup.  But that wouldn't help you, because it does appear you really can't get the same thing ... closest you can get is full screen view with info (which isn't quite the same as full screen preview).

allegretto

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2014, 11:52:18 pm »

Wait, on my MBP/Retina;

pressing "F" in Library produces picture only. I key does nothing

shift/command/F (no control Wayne) produces "Full Screen" and most certainly will toggle info with the "I" key.. consistently
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up