Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why I chose drawing in the dirt with a stick over making bubbles with my spit...  (Read 8710 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto

Hi,

Now that we have sorted out that stick and "Holz" stuff, could we discuss the optimal choice of dirt for the demanding artist?

Best regards
Erik

I hear a certain german icon is carving out a new 'MFP' Mittelformat plank (nearly 3 times the size of a regular stick) 'MFP' planks are sustainably grown and sourced from the black forest in Baden-Württemberg. This select hand turned artisan lumber will be named the new 'Holz über alles' typ 009. After much Schwarzbier und pilsener physicists can now confirm that the neue Mittelformat combined with the impeccable image acuity of their optics one can actually view the finite particle matter within bubble clusters regardless of spit consistency or vesicle density. I believe an official announcement will be made at Oktoberfest München 2015 ;)   
Erik Kaffehr

JohnBrew

• http://www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com

How is the focal length of the stick determined - the longer the stick, the longer the focal length?
And what about aperture - do the normal rules of DOF apply?

It's the rule of the thumb.

John Hollenberg

A highly placed source just confirmed for me that one of the major manufacturers is working on a hybrid system combining both dirt and spit.  They are claiming a huge increase in dynamic range, with nuanced shadows in the dirt and airy highlights in the spit.  The major drawback of the system is that they haven't figured out a way to keep the lenses completely free of dirt and spit, thus limiting resolution.  However, they are close to solving the problem with a proprietary automatic lens cleaning system code named "Windex", which will be available as an option for professionals/advanced amateurs seeking the very highest resolution captures.

KAHA

• www.davidpoata.com

Hi,

Now that we have sorted out that stick and "Holz" stuff, could we discuss the optimal choice of dirt for the demanding artist?

Best regards
Erik

One must remember that it's not really the dirt that appropriates dynamic range or defines image perspicacity but rather the 'Mittelformat Plank' that is able to capture and advocate fine grained soil acuity from sand or dirt clusters. It is the immaculacy or purity of the carefully crafted and irreproachable german engineered 'Baden-Württemberg Holz' in comparison for example to the commercially grown and unsustainable harvesting methods of the dare I say, 'slightly inferior' japanese grown bamboo sticks (no offence intended as I use a Arashiyama bamboo shoot when I want to draw in the dirt quickly and conveniently due to the ergonomics and size of the smaller pliable stick)

I guess at the end of the day as 'BC' has mentioned before, the best stick is the one you have in hand when you have some amazing dirt in front of you, it's your unique visual narrative or DNA that will leave its mark in the canvas or soil of mother earth long after the wood or bamboo sticks have decayed and faded away that really matters :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up