Come to think of it, I am still puzzled by various doomsday scenarios circling around, some on this thread as well. Relax, it's been done before.
I agree, but this is such an emotional issue by both sides of the debate, that the language and terms used, are bound to reflect that emotionality.
Quote Dave Reply#204
Rob I instantly deleted that post you have quoted in part above,
unquote
Dave are you a moderator or is it a typing error? Are the originators of threads allowed to delete other member's posts? 
Bill is correct, it was only my own post that I deleted, as I do not have the rights or inclination to delete anyone else's post, although I do believe the originator of a thread does have the ability to lock or even delete the entire thread completely.
But as I said earlier and also trying to steer clear of any doomsday scenarios, I love Scotland, it has always been and still is my dream to live and work here and perhaps more importantly, to continue my photography in this beautiful place. It is just that now I am here and everything seems to be as good as I hoped it would be and certainly much better than Sheffield where I was born, that I cannot understand why anyone lucky enough to also live and work here, would choose to risk what we already have. Yes things could be better, we always dream that things could be better, it is what gets us out of bed in a morning, but we must also realise just how good we have it now when compared to every other generation before us. For me voting No means a continuation of safety, surety and a sense of security, whereas voting Yes means taking a gamble with absolutely everything, in the vain hope that things might turn out to be a tiny bit better, but based on nothing other than vague ideas and empty promises, and also as I am now of an age where I have heard it all a zillion times before and from every hue of political wannabe, I have finally learnt that whatever they promise you for your support, will NOT materialise, it never ever does, it is always a pig in a poke they are selling you and I do mean always, but for some unknown reason, we are still daft enough to keep swallowing it and ending up with egg on our faces, as they laugh all the way to the bank. That is why we keep choosing different political groups to represent us, because we trust them and then find out they are lying, so we kick them out and then vote for the other lot, until we realise they were also lying, so we kick them out and so on and so on, with independence, when we inevitably find out it has also been nothing more than a new set of lies and waffle, we are going to be stuck with it, forever and ever amen.
Politics is the worse thing we could do I agree, but I also agree that it is better than any other idea we have come up with so far, but we really do have to start taking responsibility for our own ongoing naivety, for repeatedly allowing them to hoodwink us so effortlessly into voting for what benefits them, via a list of solemn promises of what they will do for us, but which they never, ever, do.
So I suppose it comes down to this, if you are willing to believe what the SNP are promising you, then vote yes, but if you want the general continuation and security of what you already have, based on NO political promises from any political parties, just the reality of what you have right now, then vote no.
Dave