It all comes down to this.
Usually, you will use the camera you "want" to use.
I believe most photographers talk themselves into buying a camera because the excuse is they need it, but in reality they just want it.
Let's face it, new stuff is fun, old stuff is less fun.
This is a good example of apples to oranges, but still I think a good example even in small jpgs.

The image on the left is shot available light and mixed continuous light for fill and accents from a 1ds . . . a 11mpx camera.
The image on the right is with a p30+ and Contax . . . a 30mpx camera and studio flash.
Both by today's standards are old tech, both are viable today . . . actually very viable today.
In fact my Leica S2 and Canon 1dx won't change these images in the least.
So why did I buy new, well the 1dx I use for video backup, (at least that's what I told myself), the Leica, because I wanted a form
factor that was faster than the tradition medium format shape (contax), but really if I was honest, the Leica just because I wanted
it, the 1dx because it tethers very well.
When I bought my first two 1ds', I told our studio manager if I was smart (go figure), I would buy two more 1ds', put them in storage
and make a pledge not to buy another camera for 10 years.
I can promise this would have worked fine.
Comparing my S2 to my older p30 contax, there really is no difference in image quality. Use yes, quality no. That speaks well for Phase
on the quality and reliability level, less so on the money side as the p30
with a Contax body and finder was 3x what I paid for the S2.
So buy what you want, but nothing beats a name brand dslr, either Canon or Nikon and the cost of a dslr is nothing compared to the lenses
which are always viable in the resale market, if you "want" to change systems.
I personally love medium format cameras, love the contax, lecia etc. but at the end of the day I bought it because I wanted to.
At the end of the day nobody will hire our group for the camersa, they will hire me us if they believe our work will fit the creative brief, or better yet
offer more than their expectations in look, style and of course budget.
They really don't count pixels anymore.
IMO
BC