Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad CFV50c  (Read 47345 times)

Theodoros

Re: Hasselblad CFV50c
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2014, 01:33:12 pm »

I'd like to see HB bring back the CF 528 in universal mount but modernized with either CMOS or the 50mp sensor.  I still use my CF 528 on my Rollei 6008AF.  Under the right conditions, that combo can produce a file that I think would stand up to anything you could throw at it - and amazingly that back was from 2004 !!    Yes Sinar still makes a micro step back with universal adapters, but its got no display and has to be tethered.   

But looking at the financials posted above you have to wonder how much patience Ventiz has?  How much of that loss was given up to the Lunar and the execs and product managers that birthed it?   

Well... since for MS one needs tethered anyway, a Sinar being a dedicated back for MS without much attention to untethered captures doesn't matter much, does it Eric? I will "knock on the door" of Sinar for their E-xact... but I won't be selling my 528c either... In fact I wouldn't trade it for a modern 80mp either... In fact, if I remember well, you sold your first one for a high-res back, didn't work well and then you bought a second one didn't you? ...After all forums are for people learning from one another, I wish more have learned (maybe makers too) from your experience!  ;)

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2014, 08:54:53 pm »

In fact, if I remember well, you sold your first one for a high-res back, didn't work well and then you bought a second one didn't you? ...After all forums are for people learning from one another, I wish more have learned (maybe makers too) from your experience!  ;)

Yes, I had a 528c which was great, but I sold it.  I wasn't such a fan of the image bank but loved the files. I bought the CF-ii 39MS after the c528. I like it to, but sold it fairly quickly. It wasn't until later that I bought the 80mp back. By that time I had the CF 528 again which is much more convenient than the 528c.  It's hard to compare the two - the AFi-ii definitely wins on many counts especially workflow. Multishot does not make good workflow - if you have a lot to shoot the 80mp single shot backs are much more convenient, but I do think the multishot files are very unique - in their own category.  You read so much about the Foveon look - punching way over their mp class - well that's nothing new to multishot users.

I never have understood why exactly the multishot had to be exclusively tethered.  I mean all those files could be stored to a card in a sequence just the same as single shot files.  It would be nice to have that as an option. 

Anyhow, I have had a lot of digital backs…   I also had a 384c, and a CF-ii 39MS, a p20+, AFi-ii 7.  Really all had good qualities.    Right now I own the CF 528, and an AFi-ii 12 plus recently I bought a Sinar 54H and have it also fitted to a Rollei 6008AF body and I'm going to compare it to the CF 528.

I do most of my photo work with the AFi-ii 12, but I still like the CF 528 for art reproduction and film 'scanning'.  Also its great for table top work with the technical camera since the bigger pixels have less color cast issues than the AFi-ii 12.   But for studio work with people the AFi-ii 12 is very nice. Love the revolving sensor - which is simply brilliant. 

Back on topic, it sure seems that an adapter based universal back (like the Hasselblad CF line) could be made with multi-shot and for cameras with enough space also with a rotating mount.

Rolleiflex USA

Chris Livsey

« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2014, 04:20:59 am »

Is the glass, specifically the glass known to be "good", 40mm, 100mm, 120mm, 180mm, in CFi incarnations, going to be a disappointment on the new back?
Given previous posts, myself included, on the requirements for producing the best possible results on the V system with a digital back, is this resolution a step too far?
Simply: back versus lens, the only way to find out... fight. Who wins, and if it is back are we potentially better off buying into the H system?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up