Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 273   Go Down

Author Topic: Show us some Abstracts!  (Read 724081 times)

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Show us some Abstracts!
« Reply #1500 on: October 15, 2016, 05:18:51 pm »

I like your little attempt, Armand.
I do too.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #1501 on: October 19, 2016, 10:33:07 am »

The Cypress Stand
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

John R

« Reply #1502 on: October 19, 2016, 12:20:57 pm »

Many forecasters predicted the autumn colours would not be so good this year, at least in Ontario, Canada. Forecasters said because of the extraordinarily dry hot summer, many trees would shed their leaves without turning colour. But as far as I can tell, these are the best colours I have seen in over five years. But one thing is true, the trees have a very high drop rate. So if you want to photograph autumn, get going!

JR

Rob C

« Reply #1503 on: October 19, 2016, 02:14:21 pm »

The Cypress Stand

Nice one; reminds me of Riaan's oeuvre too. You both employ an 'organic' kind of image manipulation that I find honest.

Rob
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 02:58:42 pm by Rob C »

John R

« Reply #1504 on: October 19, 2016, 02:22:32 pm »

Thanks Rob. Top image is simple multiple exposure, abt. 12 in "bright mode"- retains highlights; second is camera motion. Now I have to look up "Riaan's ouvre."

JR

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #1505 on: October 19, 2016, 02:50:58 pm »

Yours are nice too, but I think he was quoting my image.  :o
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #1506 on: October 19, 2016, 02:53:02 pm »

Nice one; reminds me of Riaan's ouvre too. You both employ an 'organic' kind of image manipulation that I find honest.

Rob

Actually, other than cropping and doing some curves adjustments, I didn't do any PP manipulation. I did do it in the camera by taking advantage of being in a moving boat to get a nice smooth blur on the surface.

Rob C

« Reply #1507 on: October 19, 2016, 02:56:27 pm »

Actually, other than cropping and doing some curves adjustments, I didn't do any PP manipulation. I did do it in the camera by taking advantage of being in a moving boat to get a nice smooth blur on the surface.

I wasn't referring to Photoshop stuff... best manipulation is in-camera. I bought an ND filter just for that reason.

Rob

P.S.

(Problem with a Spanish computer system is that spellcheck doesn't work in English, and critical typos go unseen until too late; hence my personal version of oeuvre now "ouvre'ed" for ever and ever! Using it, the spelling device, underlines every English word in red. Thankfully, the T tool in PS can be used and checked without problems!)

P.S. 2

I think the frequency of my typos expands with the wearing of earphones.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 03:06:55 pm by Rob C »

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #1508 on: October 19, 2016, 03:41:17 pm »

(Problem with a Spanish computer system is that spellcheck doesn't work in English,

Rob, you should be able to download extra dictionaries... I can swap between French (which I need) and English (which I'd like to think I don't, but as time goes on...) with a right-click in the text box. That's with Chrome. Same with Libre Office, where I can specify at each line which language it should work in (important also for spacing rules, quotation marks etc).

The worst experience is MS Outlook, which insists on guessing, usually gets it wrong for a few lines and then highlights the errors it created by "correcting" one language to another... I'm obliged to use it at work, unfortunately.

Rob C

« Reply #1509 on: October 19, 2016, 04:15:47 pm »

Rob, you should be able to download extra dictionaries... I can swap between French (which I need) and English (which I'd like to think I don't, but as time goes on...) with a right-click in the text box. That's with Chrome. Same with Libre Office, where I can specify at each line which language it should work in (important also for spacing rules, quotation marks etc).

The worst experience is MS Outlook, which insists on guessing, usually gets it wrong for a few lines and then highlights the errors it created by "correcting" one language to another... I'm obliged to use it at work, unfortunately.

I have Libre Office; I also have the Concise Oxford (English), (just in case of LuLa challenges!) and I have Chrome as well as Firefox, but the Windows 8.1 that lives in the computer seems to look the other way - or doesn't activate when I write here, for example. Maybe I just don't know how to activate it to work automatically, which wouldn't surprise me in the least, and which reminds me that I should have asked my kid or her hubby, who have just gone home today! Damn; even the memory (mine) fails at the wrong moment. The dictionary works well when I double click it to open the thing up. Though I usually forget, it also speaks, but it's usually the spelling that catches me out, not pronunciation.

Rob

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #1510 on: October 20, 2016, 12:19:26 pm »

It fits nicely, Rob.

I'm delighted that many posters in this thread have creatively stretched my quasi-definition of "abstract."
If it jolts the gut in some way, go for it!

Andrew David

• My Instagram page
« Reply #1511 on: October 20, 2016, 06:23:12 pm »

Pushing to fit 'abstraction', but I think it perhaps slips into the recently redefined paradigm. ;-)

Rob

I really like the tones and the composition. It's a very simple shot, yet I get a very uneasy feeling from viewing it, as if something will emerge from the fog at any moment. Nice work :)

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #1512 on: October 21, 2016, 07:54:40 pm »

Three trees. This must be the nth time I have shot this.

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #1513 on: October 22, 2016, 08:32:42 am »

Parallelogram

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #1514 on: October 22, 2016, 10:27:31 am »

Nice. At first glance I thought it was from Slobodan.
(That's a compliment.)

Arlen

« Reply #1515 on: October 22, 2016, 10:47:04 am »

Very well done, Chris, especially the processing.

I like your doggy stick too, Rob. And in this one I can almost make out how you did it. Almost.  ;)

Rob C

« Reply #1516 on: October 22, 2016, 11:01:27 am »

Very well done, Chris, especially the processing.

I like your doggy stick too, Rob. And in this one I can almost make out how you did it. Almost.  ;)

Stick: it's straight, except for the usual Curves and some toning. Like most of these things, it's done the easy way: one shot, in camera.

;-)

Rob

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #1517 on: October 22, 2016, 01:11:15 pm »

Sucked Into a Whirlpool of Color - just having fun.

Rob C

« Reply #1518 on: October 22, 2016, 03:05:58 pm »

Makes me think Alfred Hitchcock.

Rob

Andrew David

• My Instagram page
« Reply #1519 on: October 22, 2016, 04:59:59 pm »

Makes me think Alfred Hitchcock.

Rob

...or perhaps David Lynch. Great shot David, really love the colour and light in this one!
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 273   Go Up