Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: LuLa, what's happening to you?  (Read 20219 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: LuLa, what's happening to you?
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2013, 02:12:14 pm »

... Am I sounding Jeff enough?

No. Not once you used 'bud'  ;D

Isaac

« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2013, 02:40:58 pm »

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2013, 02:47:07 pm »

Now let me tell you something: I'm a member also in the Cow, in the Avid forum. At least I know 2 members
that are very top filmakers, recognized world wide and extremely knowledgeable in the tech aspects,
respected and listened by all filmakers, editors, operators...
and I saw several times how they helped total beginners, answering silly and basic questions and even sometimes
answering 3 or 4 times when a dude didn't get it and was lost.
That's what I call a contributor.
Those guys actually are producing and operating in billionaire film industry, included 3D and Hollywood effects.
And they are able to be humble enough to take their time to contribute even in things that for them it's absolutly irrelevant
considering their level. That's contributing.

Thats one of the main reasons, why I as a lowly amateur love this site so much and feel like getting christmas presents every time I am reading the forums and am allowed to learn from this kind of people.
I often wonder what I can do to give something back and try to do my best when posting (at least most of the time - when not feeling in a ridiculously silly mood like sometimes).

Bernard ODonovan

« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2013, 03:14:00 pm »

'Fora' - an Italian golfing term...

Batti il ferro finché è caldo.   ;D

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2013, 03:38:36 pm »

I read Paul talking about the fact that as contributors, we have some divine rights on this website...
I've never said anything about "Divine rights" go back and read what I actually said. If you disagree with what I've said address that please.
But the reality is that there are people like Paul, extremely knowledgeable and talentuous in their craft (video)
and what is his contribution in the motion forum of this site? Zero! None! nada! nil.
Actually where he knows the most he never posts, probably because he thinks that his knowledge is not
reachable by the low-enders that we are.
If you actually understood about what I actually do for a living you'd understand that my expertise in multi-camera broadcast operation has virtually no relevance in the sort of video work that people on Lula participate in. If I can't offer something constructive and helpful I'll not post.
Am I sounding Jeff enough?
No, just a bit foolish really.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 03:47:26 pm by Rhossydd »

Isaac

« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2013, 03:45:00 pm »

Batti il ferro finché è caldo.

The 4 iron?

fredjeang2

« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2013, 03:51:56 pm »

If you actually understood about what I actually do for a living you'd understand that my expertise in multi-camera broadcast operation has virtually no relevance in the sort of video work that people on Lula participate in. If I can't offer something constructive and helpful I'll not post.
I know Paul that your expertise stands in multi-camera broadcast. But to be there you know your basics and way more than the basics. I also know that your technical knowledge covers more territories in what image engineering is concerned.
We're missing your posible contributions in a forum that is each time more important and relevant because you know as well as me that this business is not still only any longuer.

"Divine rights" was indeed a personal expresion I used (and not you) to be sarcastic.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2013, 04:04:36 pm »

The 4 iron?
No actually the 'Four A' iron - infrequently seen used with purpose in the Canadian rough

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2013, 04:06:32 pm »

I also know that your technical knowledge covers more territories in what image engineering is concerned.
We're missing your posible contributions in a forum that is each time more important and relevant because you know as well as me that this business is not still only any longuer.
Sorry Fred, but you're wrong. I've told you this before in PM.
The aspects of television camerawork that I have a reasonable competence in don't have much, if any, relevance to the sort of work most people on Lula are involved with.
There's no magic recipes or arcane knowledge I'm withholding here.

This site isn't about television production, let's leave it that way.

fredjeang2

« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2013, 04:18:27 pm »

Sorry Fred, but you're wrong. I've told you this before in PM.
The aspects of television camerawork that I have a reasonable competence in don't have much, if any, relevance to the sort of work most people on Lula are involved with.
There's no magic recipes or arcane knowledge I'm withholding here.

This site isn't about television production, let's leave it that way.
Ok, I respect your point of view. I think clarified and sorry for not having understood it the first time we talked about it. I think you are right.

The reason why I jumped on you with the shotgun in hand is that I know you're extremely knowledgeable in your office, and for me that has
an great value in a forum. And it truly pissed me-of not seeing you frequenting the motion forum. But, as you pointed, the work we are involved in
has no really connection with your expertise field.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 04:23:09 pm by fredjeang2 »

Farmer

« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2013, 04:54:03 pm »

Why the hell can't people be happy with a tiny bit of new knowledge? It's not the end of the world, and neither do I see any unfriendliness aimed at anyone with less than perfect grammar, neither towards folks with English as mama-tongue nor otherwise

Exactly.
Phil Brown

John Camp

« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2013, 02:50:17 pm »

I apologize for my fora/forums comment if my tone offended anyone. There are some things that I have a hard time with, and fora/forums is one of them, along with looser and a couple others.

Further up, I suggested that Lula might be richer if Schewe would chip in with some of his expertise, and he came back and said he was surprised to hear that from me. That's because, like Jeff, and as Jeff knows, I'm a professional writer, and like all professional writers, we really want to get paid for writing. Writing for free is like the grocery store giving you a free sack of potatoes because they're feeling good about you. Won't happen. I know professional writers who volunteer for all kinds of things, no pay required...but they generally are very reluctant to write free things.

However, I've got a concept in the back of my head, but I've got to talk to one of the forum members before trying it out. If he goes along, we'll probably try it out here. We'll see.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2013, 04:13:17 pm »

Time for this thread to die, don't you think?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up