Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop CC & Lightroom 5 for €9.99 per month...12 month contract.  (Read 44739 times)

Dinarius

But, you must sign up by December 2nd.

https://creative.adobe.com/plans/offer/photoshop+lightroom

Apparently, you don't need to have owned a previous version of either.

This makes it a no-brainer for those who have never owned either. But, it will p*** off a lot of long time loyal customers.

An admission of defeat by Adobe?

A (half-way house) response to the backlash against subscription?

Well?

D.

Jack Hogan

• Hikes -more than strolls- with my dog
Re: Photoshop CC & Lightroom 5 for €9.99 per month...12 month contract.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 04:24:06 pm »

Makes no difference to me.  For my purposes I see no new features to make me WANT to upgrade from CS5.

jrsforums

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 04:29:06 pm »

I have owned all the PS CS versions.

This new offering does not annoy me at all.  I think it is a great opportunity for those who were concerned with the high cost of entry.

I will recommend this to all.  The cost per month is minimal for the function provided in these two packages.
John

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 04:31:56 pm »

Just bought CS6 because I didn't want to subscribe.

chez

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 05:51:42 pm »

Just have to reiterate what was said below. Great offer for those who have not used PS or Lightroom and are willing to give it a try. 30 day money back guarantee. You must sign up for a year. Very cheap way to see if you like the way Adobe is heading with the new features of their products.

I have owned all the PS CS versions.

This new offering does not annoy me at all.  I think it is a great opportunity for those who were concerned with the high cost of entry.

I will recommend this to all.  The cost per month is minimal for the function provided in these two packages.

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 06:53:23 pm »

I thought the original offer was sign up by the end of the year. Is it still end of the year for people who own photoshop cs3-cs6?

Just went to the site. See it's a black friday offer for all till 2 december.

Also, just got an email from adobe thanking me for signing up for creative cloud. Says click the link to get started. I haven't signed up.

Adobe confuses me.

ok, Update: I posted my question on the adobe cc forum and Beverly Gray, an adobe staff member, wrote that the offer for cs3-cs6 owners still stands till the end of december. I'll be on the road for two weeks starting this weekend and didn't want to have to make a rushed decision about subscription or not.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:10:57 am by Morris Taub »

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 07:57:48 pm »

Sorry, my previous statements were inaccurate.

It seems that the pricing of 9.99 US$ per month for Photoshop CC, Bridge CC and LR5 is not limited in time and is available for any new customer new or not.

The offer does expire on Dec-2nd.

It is a good price for sure but it does clearly show that Adobe is getting desperate and forecasting lower revenues than expected.

I may get tempted.

Regards,
Bernard
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 10:53:39 pm by BernardLanguillier »

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 08:32:04 pm »

If it was a simple $9.99/mos forever, no strings attached for LR & PS they would get me.  But as a CS owner it's not worth $25/mos.  Swing and a miss.

jrsforums

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 09:02:00 pm »

This is getting increasingly amusing. If I am not mistaken we have:

- Former PS owners moving to Photoshop CC + LR: 9.99 US$ per month forever,
- New customers moving to Photoshop CC + LR: 9.99 US$ per month for one year for Photoship CC + LR then 25 US$ per month for ever,
- Former Creative Suite customers willing to continue to use the suite CC: 40% discount from 500 US$ per month to 300 US$ per month for the first year,
- Former Creative Suite customers willing to move to photoshop CC: no discount, regular price of 25 US$ per month forever.

The repeated discount campaigns clearly show that they are far from reaching their sales targets and probably on the verge of major revenue warning that could have a large impact on stock value, yet they don't seem to be realizing that they are not doing anything for what may be one of their most important niches... former CS customers who would get the 9.99 US$ forever deal on PS+LR.

Cheers,
Bernard

Bernard....you may very we'll be correct in your statements.

However, I have not seen that former ps owners are guaranteed $9.99.  Nor have I seen that new customers going to the new program will change from $9.99 to $19.99 after a year.  Did I miss a FAQ or term item?

As far as former CS bundle customers....seems they can take advantage of this also.

John

chez

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 07:32:32 am »

Can't you just sign up for PS and LR?

If it was a simple $9.99/mos forever, no strings attached for LR & PS they would get me.  But as a CS owner it's not worth $25/mos.  Swing and a miss.

davidgp

• davidgp fotografia
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 07:45:19 am »

What really annoys me is because I live in Europe I have to pay 12,20 euros per month, that it is nearly 50% price increase...

Adobe is one of the fee companies that I know they do that, nor amazon, nor spotify, nor google...

MikeChambers

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 06:47:30 pm »

Just a couple of points to help clarify some info:

The $9.99 price is the regular price, and not a promotional price that automatically goes up after a year (like some of our other promotions do). Each year when you renew, you renew at the current price, which may be higher or lower (or the same) than what you initially signed up for. This offer is NOT a price guarantee. I imagine, that sometime in the future, the price will change, but in general we don't have plans to raise the price.

The current black friday promotion runs for two weeks. It is basically the previous Photoshop photography bundle, with all restrictions removed (i.e. requirements for previous licenses, etc...). Once the black Friday offer is done, the previous policies / restrictions around the photography program go back into effect for new people joining.

Hope that helps...

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2013, 08:53:10 pm »

Just a couple of points to help clarify some info:

The $9.99 price is the regular price, and not a promotional price that automatically goes up after a year (like some of our other promotions do). Each year when you renew, you renew at the current price, which may be higher or lower (or the same) than what you initially signed up for. This offer is NOT a price guarantee. I imagine, that sometime in the future, the price will change, but in general we don't have plans to raise the price.

The current black friday promotion runs for two weeks. It is basically the previous Photoshop photography bundle, with all restrictions removed (i.e. requirements for previous licenses, etc...). Once the black Friday offer is done, the previous policies / restrictions around the photography program go back into effect for new people joining.

Coming from the Creative suite 6, I find this to be a good offer and have decided to subscribe. CC is now installed on 2 of my Macs.

Thanks for listening.

Cheers,
Bernard

jrsforums

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2013, 09:08:53 pm »

Coming from the Creative suite 6, I find this to be a good offer and have decided to subscribe. CC is now installed on 2 of my Macs.

Thanks for listening.

Cheers,
Bernard

I agree.  After, what I would call an ill thought out roll out, and much vitriolic arm waving by resident Adobe "expert wannabes" (you know who I mean), I think that Adobe has responded very well to meet the concerns of photographers.  My only last concern is that, while LR is included in this "bundle" that it remain as a "forever" licensed product....or not stop working after monthly payment stops.  The nature of LR is that most of the WIP still needs LR.

John
John

TylerB

• my photography
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2013, 09:09:38 pm »

ok this got more, not less, foggy..
what is the "black friday promotion"?
the one I am aware of is the $9.99 for PS and LR, offered until 12/31.
Is there another?

degrub

TylerB

• my photography
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 09:53:49 pm »

so there is one offer for $9.99 for PS and LR, available until 12/31.
then a second offer for $9.99 for PS and LR, available until 12/2.

ok then...

jrsforums

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 10:02:37 pm »

so there is one offer for $9.99 for PS and LR, available until 12/31.

For PS CS3+ people

then a second offer for $9.99 for PS and LR, available until 12/2.

For anyone
John

TylerB

• my photography
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 10:18:06 pm »

AH! thanks...

Rory

• Recent images
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 11:12:28 pm »

The way things are going there will be another deal around the corner.  Adobe wants to rope in as many people as possible to the subscription model.  Once you're in... 

For what it's worth, I think the $10/month would be very reasonable is there was an exit strategy.  I think if adobe had a policy that once you have been paying rent for 3 years you can opt out any time and keep using what you currently have.  If you want back into the rental model later the clock would start ticking again.

This model is totally tilted adobe's way.  If they fail to innovate and improve the product the customer is SOL.  The customer can't leave cause then they have nothing.

At the end of the day actions speak louder than words and adobe's actions haven't been encouraging.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/roryhi
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up