Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ordered my 9900!  (Read 16318 times)

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
Re: Ordered my 9900!
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2013, 07:46:24 am »

If the printer were in my basement, something like that would be fine.  But the printer sits in my studio and easily seen from the gallery area 'out front'. From a retail perspective, I'd need something that is not only functional, but that looks 'neat and tidy' as well. Image is everything eh!
Mike Guilbault

framah

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2013, 09:33:33 am »

Maybe someones Grandma can crochet you a nice printer cozy. ;D

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/framah/printercozy_zpse1ea1e58.jpg[/img]]
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 09:59:56 am by framah »
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2013, 11:08:34 am »

Maybe someones Grandma can crochet you a nice printer cozy. ;D

Now that's printer love!   :D

I just use a simple large black cloth, similar to lycra.  Very nondescript and clients don't even notice there is a "beast" in the room.  If you have your printer in a more common client area, you might want to "invest" in a custom printer cover ---or a cozy.   ;D

ken

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2013, 12:28:01 pm »

You'll know the honeymoon is over when you stop covering the printer.  Then you can get down to some serious work.

All you really need is a scrap of media long enough to cover the traditional Epson air-gap / dust-admittance-port just under the roll hood.    As an exercise in eschewing worldly values, you can attach a strip of media or corrugated cardboard to the hood with masking tape and just flip it down between sessions.  The sooner your printer feels like an old shoe, the better.  IMHO.

framah your Granny Cover (tm) looks tempting, but is it genuine Angora?

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2013, 12:33:08 pm »

^So….Mistress Betty gets a scrap of media taped over her air gap.

Love it.  ;D

framah

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2013, 03:12:21 pm »

Unfortunately, Grammy is allergic to angora so she has to use that synthetic stuff!

But the Barbie doll IS a nice touch, don'cha think?
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

BarbaraArmstrong

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2013, 04:03:54 pm »

That can't be a Barbie-doll.  Barbie (at least as I remember her) is ultra-thin, including her face.  And this from a --Barbara    BTW, Bill, I love your suggestion of the media flap.  I have just acquired the Canon 8300, at those nice recent sale prices, and have been having trouble, from the get-go, with the printer stopping about 3/16 inch short of cutting or ejecting my print.  And the tech people, who have just sent a replacement part and will visit next week, think it is due to dust settling on the thin ribbon-like thing stretching behind the path the print-head takes across the print -- the one that is above and behind and is transparent along the top half of the strip.  Anyway, I had had no idea that an invisible amount of dust could have that much effect, and am trying to figure out how to deal with it.  And it is that air-gap along the front below the edge of the hood that is the source, they say.  Also, I am getting a noise that I am sure is abnormal, and that may be what the replacement part is for.  Meanwhile, I do love the prints.  I have wanted to print larger for some time, without knowing exactly why.  When I saw my new prints, I knew the answer.  It is because we see the world that way, spread out in front of us.  I am loving it.  --Barbara, again

BarbaraArmstrong

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2013, 04:11:35 pm »

Justan, I'll admit, your comment was great! Got me laughing right here in front of my computer screen.  --Barbara

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2013, 05:12:17 pm »

You'll know the honeymoon is over when you stop covering the printer.  Then you can get down to some serious work.

I like the way you think Bill. I hate covers...  Never know where to put them when you take them off.. Especially something that big. That's why mr BBQ cover stays off all summer - always ready to be fired up!
Mike Guilbault

davidh202

« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2013, 06:32:53 pm »

My 9890 sits right in the front window on the sales floor in the gallery. You can see it just fine through the clear plastic cover and it attracts alot of attention. Protection is everything ;-) 

BarbaraArmstrong

« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2013, 06:50:19 pm »

Of course it attracts a lot of attention!  I tell my friends that it is the size of a coffin, because it is more than six feet long, and they don't believe it until they see it. --Barbara
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up