Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Today is the day!  (Read 12816 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Today is the day!
« on: March 06, 2012, 12:56:05 am »

The day we have been waiting for!

BR
Erik
Erik Kaffehr

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: Today is the day!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 01:10:13 am »

Yep, just buying it now.  I'm a little concerned because the beta was so sluggish I just couldn't do much with it, so I was hoping for a Beta 2 (which they have done with at least one other release) ...

Interesting ... if click "try" to download, from Adobe's website, it downloads version 3.  Have to try it from the LR 4 update window ...

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 01:15:40 am by Wayne Fox »

Farmer

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 01:15:41 am »

I really don't think you'll find it slow, Wayne.  It's fine on my system, which is a little old (pending an IvyBridge upgrade soon).
Phil Brown

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 01:28:03 am »

Interesting ... if click "try" to download, from Adobe's website, it downloads version 3.  Have to try it from the LR 4 update window ...

"Try" seems to be getting LR4 for me, whereas the buy the upgrade button does nothing. I will give Adobe my money as soon as they are ready to take it.
Ken Cameron

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 01:49:21 am »

If  you buy the upgrade the buy button is disabled  until you click the popup to tell it what version you are upgrading from (took me a while to figure that out).

DaveCurtis

• http://www.magiclight.co.nz
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 01:57:47 am »

Click the upgrade worked for me however when I went to checkout it said I had to ring them. I hope it's not because I dont live in the US.
I have temporarily given up.

citro

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 02:19:40 am »

Check RAW compatibility: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/extend.html
Interesting: it already supports Canon 1DX and Nikon D800 (no 5D3, still).

Farmer

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 02:41:10 am »

Click the upgrade worked for me however when I went to checkout it said I had to ring them. I hope it's not because I dont live in the US.
I have temporarily given up.

Dave - the Adobe NZ Shop is listing LR4 in AUD.  AUD pricing and USD pricing are not an exact exchange rate match (well, not even close).  My guess is that if you're trying to buy from the Adobe US shop that it won't let you - you need to go to adobe.com/nz/ click on the link "buy" and then specify the NZ shop and then choose LR4.

It's still much cheaper than LR3 was, but a little more expensive than the US version (which really reflects the cost of business in Australia and New Zealand, providing local support, and so forth).
Phil Brown

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 02:49:15 am »

However, no Camera Raw 7 to go with yet? Limits some things?

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 02:56:17 am »

I really don't think you'll find it slow, Wayne.  It's fine on my system, which is a little old (pending an IvyBridge upgrade soon).
yes, much better. moving sliders in develop works fine.

Still not sure why I get the "loading" message every single time I move to a new picture with my IQ180 files in develop module.  Even if I move from one to the next and then back it has to "load" again - was hoping v4 would improve on that, but actually seems slightly slower. I have to wait about 4 to 5 seconds every time I move to a new image in Develop.

It does appear the fix Eric mentioned for the color issues with the IQ180 files did make it into the release ... much better.

mac_paolo

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 02:56:32 am »

I'm going to buy it within minutes, however, do you think there could be any free upgrade for those who bought it Lr3 in the last days?
I got it for half the price in order to save money with the upgrade. It seems that I went wrong and I'll be paying 40€ more.  :(

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 03:17:00 am »

However, no Camera Raw 7 to go with yet? Limits some things?
yeah, I like to open in PS as smart objects, can't do that for now.  Interesting Adobe Labs just released ACR 6.7 RC today ... hope we see 7.0 soon.

Walter_temp

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 03:18:28 am »

@mac_paolo: Don't think so. Update to a new version for free is an option for those buying an Adobe product *after* the official announcement of the new product version. Doesn't work for LR 4, sorry: No delay between announcement and availability.
But I'm not a Adobe employee. Contact sales support staff.

Ciao, Walter

DaveCurtis

• http://www.magiclight.co.nz
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 03:23:14 am »

Dave - the Adobe NZ Shop is listing LR4 in AUD.  AUD pricing and USD pricing are not an exact exchange rate match (well, not even close).  My guess is that if you're trying to buy from the Adobe US shop that it won't let you - you need to go to adobe.com/nz/ click on the link "buy" and then specify the NZ shop and then choose LR4.

It's still much cheaper than LR3 was, but a little more expensive than the US version (which really reflects the cost of business in Australia and New Zealand, providing local support, and so forth).

Thanks Farmer ,

Went via the 'NZ' shop and paid Aussie $$. After four tries I got there in the end.  :)

Farmer

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 03:48:31 am »

Good stuff, Dave!

Wayne - have you fully upgraded/optimised/etc your catalog and let it rebuild everything?

How is it compared to Beta when moving back and forth?
Phil Brown

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 03:56:56 am »

Hi,

It works now. It seems Adobe lagged in updateing their web site...

Yep, just buying it now.  I'm a little concerned because the beta was so sluggish I just couldn't do much with it, so I was hoping for a Beta 2 (which they have done with at least one other release) ...

Erik Kaffehr

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 04:01:41 am »

Yes, the difference is relatively defensible compared to some I encounter (Canon ink at twice the price, for example).
Ken Cameron

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 04:35:05 am »

Yes, the difference is relatively defensible compared to some I encounter (Canon ink at twice the price, for example).

Yes, no one in their right mind buys Canon ink from Canon in Australia. At over $1400 to re-ink a 6350 in Australia vs. B&H shipped to my door for under $800 its a no brainer... ;D

Returning to our regular Lightroom 4 Programming.... (which is downloading as I type)  ;D
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 05:04:01 am »

On the Adobe site though they refer to the LR4 "upgrade", on the shopping cart it still offers you LR3 :D

On a cross related note I was asking here http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=62932.0 about tablet to view the LR tutorials, has anyone had experience to offe especially in regard to using the BlackBerry Playbook???
A collection of mine here http://500px.c

David Good

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 05:41:13 am »

Got mine! I was pleasantly surprised by the upgrade price, actually expected it to be more (shhhh)!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up