Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Rumormill: Hasselblad H4X Imminent  (Read 27550 times)

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Re: Rumormill: Hasselblad H4X Imminent
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 08:22:08 am »

We all know that Hasselblad  has a big part in the lenses , sorry if it was a bad joke

No problem at all.  ;)
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 09:50:50 am »

The point I never understood was why they did not buy Leaf (maybe it was just the lack of money)

+1

I think this would have been a good move too.

DeeJay

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 10:42:29 am »

There ya go! I had heard Blad was going back to an open platform sometime ago and I believe I was scoffed at here for saying so.

As most people come to understand. I'm always right and it's best just to listen to me. ;) :)

Well it's about time and and is the reason I held off investing in a system as I think the Blad is the superior option available. I hope the 4x has fixed the dreaded camera lock out and take the battery out to reset nonsense. I seemed to have been scoffed at for saying this a couple times here too...

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 10:46:17 am by DeeJay »

Erick Boileau

• http://
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 10:44:52 am »

The point I never understood was why they did not buy Leaf (maybe it was just the lack of money)
AND Kodak

ndevlin

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 11:31:28 am »

So let me get this straight........(and please correct me if I'm wrong).

If you're part of the club that owns an H1 or H2, Hasselblad will now 'open' the system for you to keep using Phase backs, but if you're not, well then too bad, you have to buy the closed Hassy product?

Am I getting this right?

If true, this is preposterous. If I have never wished death upon a camera company until now....but, wow.

- N.
Nick Devlin   @onelittlecamera        ww

DeeJay

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 12:01:54 pm »

I had heard it was opening completely. This is probably their way of saving face a bit for now. The whole thing is pretty embarrassing for a company trying to be so directional, right?

Anyway. I'm sure you can find some old beat up body on ebay or craigslist. OR even better an H2 in mint condition that you can use until is conks and then have an upgrade path.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:04:04 pm by DeeJay »

gss

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 01:34:03 pm »

So let me get this straight........(and please correct me if I'm wrong).

If you're part of the club that owns an H1 or H2, Hasselblad will now 'open' the system for you to keep using Phase backs, but if you're not, well then too bad, you have to buy the closed Hassy product?

Am I getting this right?

If true, this is preposterous. If I have never wished death upon a camera company until now....but, wow.

- N.
I can't imagine how you got that impression.  It appears to me that they are offering a trade-in for current H/H2/H2F cameras, and have not yet mentioned the price without trade-in.  They haven't even officially announced anything; it seems early to wish for their demise.
To venture a guess, the trade-in will probably be worth around $2000.  If one really wished to trade in an H3  or H4 body for that sum, they might accommodate.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 01:40:44 pm by gss »

pixjohn

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 05:22:11 pm »

How could this be a rumor when the price came from the Hasselblad web site and it includes an h camera body trade in. Maybe they will change it, but I doubt it since they already made the website and parked it off the main page.

vduault

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 09:14:37 pm »

What a good new ! But if we read between the lines we can guess that it was becoming vital for hasselblad to open again the H-platform...indeed, the owners of the "old" H1/2 bodies started to upgrade their equipment with Phase One gear...

Kitty

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2011, 10:31:04 pm »

What a good new ! But if we read between the lines we can guess that it was becoming vital for hasselblad to open again the H-platform...indeed, the owners of the "old" H1/2 bodies started to upgrade their equipment with Phase One gear...

+1 Agree.

photo570

• http://www.shoot.co.nz
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 11:23:46 pm »

Exactly!!

I have been in a quandary for quite a while as to whether to invest in more lenses for the H, or wait and see if the new Phase body is any good, I have tested the DF extensively, as it appeared to be the logical option, but it really is rubbish. Sorry but it is, and everyone knows it, (hence the need for a completely new camera, not a DF+) and I was dreading the day the H1 finally died on me. I know that will upset many, but as a Leaf user, I want to stay with Leaf, and use the H body and lenses. I couldn't be happier at this announcement rumor.

Jason.

Jason Berge
www.shoot.co.nz

Erick Boileau

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2011, 01:34:07 am »

I sold all my H1 gear 2 years ago for this reason

DeeJay

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2011, 07:19:36 am »

I have to say this does seem somewhat a deliberate "mistake" by posting this on the Blad website.

Perhaps there is another camera from another manufacturer that is also imminent?

Bring it!

BobDavid

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2011, 09:44:54 am »

Having purchased an H2F a couple of years ago for my CF39 MS, I feel like the resale value of my gently used H2F just tanked. If Hassey comes out with a new generation of CF backs, I wonder it they will be compatible with the H2F. Why should I have to spend another $4-5K to upgrade from a H2f to a H4X, if I want to get another back--whether it be a Phase, Leaf, or future generation of CF back?

Cineski

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2011, 10:09:03 am »

Well this has my attention.  As much as I love my Contax 645 the reason I ultimately went with it was because Hassy and Phase both closed film out of their new product line.  I still shoot lots of film.  I'm very interested in testing Hassy glass and putting it up against my Contax glass.  Since the Contax name is free of Kyocera, it'd be awesome if Zeiss started making new glass again and the 4Dx would be a very nice platform indeed.  Those who shoot Hassy with film, how are the backs with film flatness?  Any issues?  The Contax vacuum backs sure make a difference in film flatness for 220 films.

design_freak

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2011, 06:53:41 pm »

Result of changing direction or losing in court?  ???
Best regards,
DF

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2011, 03:28:54 am »

No.  There is no link to any supposed court case.
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

DeeJay

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2011, 05:58:58 am »

I'd say the new owners took over and said something along the lines of - you did WHAT?

design_freak

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2011, 07:43:37 am »

Is anyone able to determine the direction of development? Open system, an integrated system, cheap new products. Is an integrated system will be further developed, either end of an era HxD firm as an integrated camera? It's high time that the "CEO" set out his vision.
Best regards,
DF

gss

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2011, 09:43:54 am »

"It is not compatible with any H2D, H3D or H4D digital capture unit."
http://hasselbladusa.com/media/3082754/uk_h4x_datasheet_v1.pdf
Really disappointing that it cannot be used as a backup body for an H3D or H4D camera while acting as a body for a 3rd party back.  I suppose this is because the body doesn't supply power to the back, but that should have been solved.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 09:46:51 am by gss »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up